Author Topic: What raise amount to ask for...  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: What raise amount to ask for...
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 03:18:21 pm »
But it means prices will go up and any raise I get now will be, essentially, worth less than if there was no wage raise (& hopefully Bush vetos it hardcore)

Yeah.. I'd rather keep some people poor than make everyone poor and unemployed thanks to inflation.
You don't even know what you're talking about, you're just agreeing with somebody so you can fit in.

What part do you think I don't know about? How we can't buy a loaf of bread for a quarter anymore thanks to inflation? Or that people get paid more than $2.50 per hour..thanks to inflation? Or that we have a very high unemployment rate..... thanks to inflation?

I'm not economist, but I'm really sure there's more to it.

trust

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 04:58:47 pm »
Actually we have a low unemployment rate.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 06:32:00 pm »
Actually we have a low unemployment rate.
Because Bush screwed up the...oh wait......... :-\

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 08:19:18 pm »
But it means prices will go up and any raise I get now will be, essentially, worth less than if there was no wage raise (& hopefully Bush vetos it hardcore)

Yeah.. I'd rather keep some people poor than make everyone poor and unemployed thanks to inflation.
You don't even know what you're talking about, you're just agreeing with somebody so you can fit in.

What part do you think I don't know about? How we can't buy a loaf of bread for a quarter anymore thanks to inflation? Or that people get paid more than $2.50 per hour..thanks to inflation? Or that we have a very high unemployment rate..... thanks to inflation?

I'm not economist, but I'm really sure there's more to it.
Let's also not forget that the minimum wage increase isn't even a law yet.  And you can't have two complete opposite results with the same cause; "PEOPLE MAKE MORE MONEY AND MORE PEOPLE HAVE NO JOBS BECAUSE OF INFLATION!"  Minimum wage is the same relative amount, it's just that OUR currency is balls and people need to be paid more of it to accommodate the difference.