Author Topic: 12 reasons Vista = good!  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
12 reasons Vista = good!
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:53:22 am »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: 12 reasons Vista = good!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 01:45:18 am »
It's funny.  The entire development team from work plus a couple guys from creative were having drinks tonight at happy hour, and when the developers who went started talking about the Vista launch conference, a few commented about how there were unimpressed with the Vista feature set and weren't really motivated to upgrade.  Once we got started talking, though, pretty much everyone was on board with being excited about the new development platform it's bringing in.

It's funny how people's opinions changed once we really got talking about what we'll be able to do with it.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:32:19 am »
You apparently forgot the 10 reasons NOT to get Vista

Disclaimer: I haven't read them, I have to run to work right away. :)

(Here's the 10 reasons to get Vista from that same site -- they probably completely overlap with yours, though. )
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:33:50 am by iago »

Offline l)a-Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 09:00:46 pm »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 12:19:06 am »
It's funny.  The entire development team from work plus a couple guys from creative were having drinks tonight at happy hour, and when the developers who went started talking about the Vista launch conference, a few commented about how there were unimpressed with the Vista feature set and weren't really motivated to upgrade.  Once we got started talking, though, pretty much everyone was on board with being excited about the new development platform it's bringing in.

It's funny how people's opinions changed once we really got talking about what we'll be able to do with it.

Note that they didn't become interested in Vista until after they had some drinks in their system. Coincidence?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 01:44:53 am »
Note that they didn't become interested in Vista until after they had some drinks in their system. Coincidence?

Or the alcohol kicked in and they decided to unleash their true feelings about Vista?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 08:25:15 am »

Or the alcohol kicked in and they decided to unleash their true feelings about Vista?

And at the same time made them stupid. :)