Author Topic: guess who is on vista!?!?!? I'M ON VISTA!!  (Read 5867 times)

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
Re: guess who is on vista!?!?!? I'M ON VISTA!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 09:11:13 pm »
I just got my new computer with Vista Home Premium installed. Does the screen flicker for you any of you when you're installing a new program and the background darkens and it wants you to say you trust this program or you don't (whew, run on sentence)?

EDIT: Let me rephrase that. When UAC comes up to verify a program, does your screen flicker?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:56:25 pm by skip »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 12:10:00 am »
I just got my new computer with Vista Home Premium installed. Does the screen flicker for you any of you when you're installing a new program and the background darkens and it wants you to say you trust this program or you don't (whew, run on sentence)?

EDIT: Let me rephrase that. When UAC comes up to verify a program, does your screen flicker?
flicker, no.  darken, yess.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 12:15:09 am »
By the way, do you seriously have to go through UAC to change your background on Vista? Somebody mentioned it today, and I kind of assumed he's exaggerating, because if you have to, that's going too far.

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 01:52:09 pm »
By the way, do you seriously have to go through UAC to change your background on Vista? Somebody mentioned it today, and I kind of assumed he's exaggerating, because if you have to, that's going too far.

No, I don't think so. Well, for me atleast, no.

Does anyone know how to get into "Local Security Policy?" I tried typing in "secpol.msc" & "Local Security Policy" in the search box as instructed by Google searches. But that was to no avail.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 02:09:01 pm »
no

right click desktop, personalize, change background...tada