Author Topic: C&D Letter from Cox  (Read 8251 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: C&D Letter from Cox
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 10:53:54 am »
I know that they had done that with Cassete tapes back in the '90s when the RIAA got bent out of shape about people recording what it getting played on the radio.

You can still do that. ReplayMusic + a pretty wacked out stereo-microphone port hookup (be sure to use a piece of crap you got at a garage sale for $2, the electricty from the mic port kills) and you're good.
Or, you could just have your radio reciever running through your cassete player, and then press the "record" button.
...whats a cassette player?  :-\

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 12:43:37 am »
Probably a typo.

Or, you could just have your radio reciever running through your cassete player, and then press the "record" button.

But not only does that not apply to the idea of CD's using for piracy, but it also doesn't give you access to the songs in MP3 format.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 05:51:53 am »
Probably a typo.

But not only does that not apply to the idea of CD's using for piracy, but it also doesn't give you access to the songs in MP3 format.
Oh, I had thought you were giving me an alternative to an old technique, not commenting on the ways to do it now.

Any how, I think there should be a $0.10 tax per disk on blank CDs, that way the RIAA can eat shit.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 11:13:39 am »
Probably a typo.

Oh, I had thought you were giving me an alternative to an old technique, not commenting on the ways to do it now.

Any how, I think there should be a $0.10 tax per disk on blank CDs, that way the RIAA can eat shit.
thats gay

also, I was trying to be sarcastic as in "whats a cassette, arent those the things from olden days?"

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 01:22:35 pm »
Probably a typo.

thats gay

also, I was trying to be sarcastic as in "whats a cassette, arent those the things from olden days?"
Yeah, I had tried to reply to that post but x86 was being kind of sketchy and I didn't want to re-type it. My reply wasn't very unique.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 11:45:49 pm »
What exactly were you downloading that you'd get a C&D letter..?

Whatever it was, just enable protocol encryption on your client and you'll be fine.