Author Topic: Help. :(  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
Help. :(
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:42:15 pm »
So, I hit 64 about a week ago, hit 65 about two days ago, and then just stopped playing altogether. For the past few weeks or so I can't seem to actually focus on leveling. And, getting online makes me even more pissed off, because my entire guild is 69 or 70 and I'm the only one lagging behind.

So.. Do I stop playing WoW altogether, bite the bullet and ignore and/or leave my guild of annoying pushy people, or start a new char? I've been tempted to start a draenei or bloodelf, but I really hate playing the beginning levels alone just because they're so goddamn boring.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Help. :(
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 05:17:07 pm »
So.. Do I stop playing WoW altogether, bite the bullet and ignore and/or leave my guild of annoying pushy people, or start a new char? I've been tempted to start a draenei or bloodelf, but I really hate playing the beginning levels alone just because they're so goddamn boring.

You get Dan to get WoW and you play the low levels with him.

Start a character on Andorhal (Draenei Priest perhaps) and catch up to me. We can play together! :D
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 05:32:34 pm »
Who's Dan?
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 09:02:44 pm »
So, I hit 64 about a week ago, hit 65 about two days ago, and then just stopped playing altogether. For the past few weeks or so I can't seem to actually focus on leveling. And, getting online makes me even more pissed off, because my entire guild is 69 or 70 and I'm the only one lagging behind.

The Bloodelf land is really cool.  If you like playing on your Druid, just tell your guild to fuck off.  You have a life outside of WoW and you shouldn't be angry or embarrassed about that. :P

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 09:16:17 pm »
Who's Dan?

leetmuffin. And, if he won't play, then that's fine. He's a GW person. :P And, Newby, I'd play with you, but for some reason, the offer just.. doesn't sound that tempting.

;) <3

The Bloodelf land is really cool.  If you like playing on your Druid, just tell your guild to fuck off.  You have a life outside of WoW and you shouldn't be angry or embarrassed about that. :P

Bloodelf land, haha. ^^ I played a BE to about level 5, it's not too bad. I may make a BE warlock eventually, if something pokes me.

I made a draenei shammy, though. I leveled a troll shaman to 15 a while back, but stopped due to lack of funds and no one to play with. I figure alliance side I'll have much better luck, not to mention, draenei are hawt (as opposed to BE scary anorexia-ism). I'd talk one of you guys into playing with me, but I'll only play on Kargath (I don't like seperating myself from my moolah, and, I will not play on a PvP server ever, ever, again.)

Add: Have any of you played a shaman? Wondering what it's like at the higher levels.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 03:00:38 pm »
Tell your guild to fuck off. Level at your own pace.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 06:17:47 pm »
Just ignore your guild and go at your own pace.  I've been having a somewhat similar problem as my blood elf.  It's so tedious leveling a melee character after having spent so much time alternating between a warlock and a hunter that there have been alot of days where I'll get on for like an hour and just get so bored I go watch a movie or something.  At one point me and some other guy were both level 27, and then about 2 weeks later I'm only about 37 and he's 60+

But there are people who haven't been on in like a month and are only level 11s, so I'm not gonna worry too much.  Just do a little a time and if they bitch ask them to help you complete some quests or be quiet.

Offline kalaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 07:34:21 pm »
65 isnt bad at all. Just play and have fun, who cares if you can't get to 70 right now, you will eventually.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 09:58:07 am »
Shrug. All the 70's passed me on my mains server, and all my friends passed me on my horde server. I'm just gonna get my lock to 70, then reroll Gnome Mage next time a PvP EST server comes out.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 12:18:30 pm »
Shrug. All the 70's passed me on my mains server, and all my friends passed me on my horde server. I'm just gonna get my lock to 70, then reroll Gnome Mage next time a PvP EST server comes out.

You suck at WoW as well as iRPG!  :P
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 01:26:20 am »
Well, I finally got my druid to 66, but.. Bleh. After the passion I put into actually getting my druid to 60, it seems sort of a waste to sit back and not even care anymore. I didn't enjoy leveling her nearly as much as my hunter because I beelined it to the finish. Burnout, maybe? Or boyfriend. Doesn't help when you have a boy(girl?)friend that doesn't play WoW...

The shaman I started playing is uber mucho fun, though. And, for the first time ever, I'm actually rich! I have almost 700g. :D Not that that isn't to be expected with the incredible change in moneymaking after the expansion, but... Seeing as I have two epic mounts, I've never actually seen money sit in my account for very long.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 10:08:25 am »
Well, I finally got my druid to 66, but.. Bleh. After the passion I put into actually getting my druid to 60, it seems sort of a waste to sit back and not even care anymore. I didn't enjoy leveling her nearly as much as my hunter because I beelined it to the finish. Burnout, maybe? Or boyfriend. Doesn't help when you have a boy(girl?)friend that doesn't play WoW...

The shaman I started playing is uber mucho fun, though. And, for the first time ever, I'm actually rich! I have almost 700g. :D Not that that isn't to be expected with the incredible change in moneymaking after the expansion, but... Seeing as I have two epic mounts, I've never actually seen money sit in my account for very long.

250g on my lock, shrug. I have 7 more levels to get 5000 more.  :P I figure I need to find a real good way of getting money, and not spend ANY. (As in, not get stupid repair bills.) I figure the 750g more I need for my regular flying mount wont be hard to get before I hit 70.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 09:18:46 pm »
This weekend A buddy of mine lend me 500 gold for an epic mount. I bought it, Paid him back and Currently have 256. That means I had made 756 in one weekend. Not bad for just questing and outland Instances grind. My druid is 65 currently =].
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 11:24:15 pm »
Questing and instances give a LOT of money. I've made 200g in one sitting just by questing. Especially once you  hit 70, making gold is like eating candy. Whether the powers to save instead of spend prevail or not... That's another issue. ^^

And, grats on 65, ZeroX. You'll probably pass me up soon, since I haven't been playing much. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 01:14:54 am »
250g on my lock, shrug. I have 7 more levels to get 5000 more.  :P I figure I need to find a real good way of getting money, and not spend ANY. (As in, not get stupid repair bills.) I figure the 750g more I need for my regular flying mount wont be hard to get before I hit 70.

At level 64, a single good quest is covering my entire repair bill, 0% back to 100%, twice over. So I'm still losing money, but it doesn't begin to compare with my income.

Okay -- except for "Kill the Shadow Council!". I died like 20 times on that quest. But other than that..

EDIT -
By the way, bite the bullet. If you were lower I'd tell you to grind in Eastern Plaguelands -- I just grinded my ass through the Noxxious Glade from 62.5 to 64, but now most are trivial targets and giving no experience (or, what hits worse, soul shards).
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.