Poll

Warlock or Hunter

(Gnome) Warlock
5 (83.3%)
(Dwarf) Hunter
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Warlock or Hunter?  (Read 5658 times)

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
Warlock or Hunter?
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:58:09 pm »
Should I make a warlock or a hunter!?  You decide!

I've played both and like each one alot.  I'm leaning toward hunter because I have more fun with that while questing, but I also love pvping with a warlock!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Warlock or Hunter?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:15:54 am »
If I had to pick a class that's most potent in PvP, it'd probably be Warlock, though Hunters almost always top the damage list (other than my mage, of course :P) in the twink BG's... it's hard to say.

Personally, I had a lot more fun on a Hunter than I did a Warlock, but I'm biased because Warlocks used to suck...

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:34:37 am »
If I had to pick a class that's most potent in PvP, it'd probably be Warlock, though Hunters almost always top the damage list (other than my mage, of course :P) in the twink BG's... it's hard to say.

Personally, I had a lot more fun on a Hunter than I did a Warlock, but I'm biased because Warlocks used to suck...

Thinking practically a warlock would be better because I wouldn't be on that much since this char is basically an excuse to switch things up when I get bored with leveling my BE paladin (which happens frequently).  On my horde warlock it wasn't uncommon for me to top the damage in battlegrounds for the horde side, and even for the who BG occasionally, and that wasn't even a twink.  That way I could get to 29 and just grind bg items until I finally decide to start venturing into the terrible 30's...

Ahhh!  I keep going in circles!  I suppose I'll just wait until tommorow and let the poll decide.  :P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 01:21:15 am »
Thinking practically a warlock would be better because I wouldn't be on that much since this char is basically an excuse to switch things up when I get bored with leveling my BE paladin (which happens frequently).  On my horde warlock it wasn't uncommon for me to top the damage in battlegrounds for the horde side, and even for the who BG occasionally, and that wasn't even a twink.  That way I could get to 29 and just grind bg items until I finally decide to start venturing into the terrible 30's...

Ahhh!  I keep going in circles!  I suppose I'll just wait until tommorow and let the poll decide.  :P

There were times when Warlocks were near the top in my bracket (39), but I don't think I ever played a game where one out-damaged me or an equally competent (or twinked...) hunter.  This is counting games where the teams were obscenely unbalanced...

Warlocks can do some pretty sweet damage by stacking dots on everyone around them, but they just don't have the burst damage necessary to do things like solo-return a flag (assuming a bit of support on the opposing side).

I'm not trying to sway you away from a warlock; I'm just sharing my observations...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 04:55:31 am »
Warlocks are freakin' rad. I slay pretty much anything 1-5 levels ahead of me as a 31 lock. :D
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Omen

• kill to believe..
    • View Profile
    • Dark 0men
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 08:59:09 am »
I always top the charts on my hunter, and it's not fully twinked yet. I also find it easy to quest, so it's good both ways in my opinion. I am starting an UD warlock right now just because I want to level and not worry about mount. I also have a warlock on alliance, lvl 40. It's pretty good as well. When I get BC, I'll probably start a BE Hunter (that is possible correct?).
- Omen of The Order
- Priest of Dark Elements

Offline kalaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 09:42:44 am »
Warlock are cooler and they're great for PvP. I don't particularly like Hunters but they're an OK class.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 09:53:35 am »
<- wishes he rolled gnome warlock. Humans FTL.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Omen

• kill to believe..
    • View Profile
    • Dark 0men
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 10:10:46 am »
I have an gnome warlock, nothing to brag about. :P
- Omen of The Order

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 11:30:01 am »
I always top the charts on my hunter, and it's not fully twinked yet. I also find it easy to quest, so it's good both ways in my opinion. I am starting an UD warlock right now just because I want to level and not worry about mount. I also have a warlock on alliance, lvl 40. It's pretty good as well. When I get BC, I'll probably start a BE Hunter (that is possible correct?).

Hunters beat me when teams were unbalanced, but if I had a team that would stick together (or just one person that'd heal me), I'd pretty much dominate.  I was a twinked fire mage...

Offline Omen

• kill to believe..
    • View Profile
    • Dark 0men
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 04:10:03 pm »
I was thinking of what a twinked mage would be like, what bracket were you in?
- Omen of The Order

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 04:14:47 pm »
I was thinking of what a twinked mage would be like, what bracket were you in?

30-39.  There are few classes I have problems beating.  There are also few classes that have problems beating me if they get the jump.  I'm a glass cannon.  I have like 1200 HP, but fireballs hit for 500 or so and crit for 700.  I wasn't hugely twinked.  I had a bunch of green +fire damage stuff, robes of the magi and staff of jordan.  I had a few enchantments, but non that'd run me over 5g.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 01:27:14 am »
Draenei hunter! Female, of course.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 01:31:16 am »
Draenei hunter! Female, of course.

Of course.  The only male characters I played past 20 were my Gnomelock and my Shaman.  Females own.

Offline Omen

• kill to believe..
    • View Profile
    • Dark 0men
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 09:41:56 am »
I have a frost mage, lvl 35. Might do some battlegrounds on it but can't decide what gear to get for it. I'm a chanter so I can chant the gear myself. Where does Robes of the Magi drop and Staff of Jordan?
- Omen of The Order

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 01:11:38 pm »
They're both BoE.  Robes of the Magi are rare.  I got them for 25 gold, but I had to wait for two weeks for them to finally show up.  Staff of Jordan is an epic.  I got it for 250g.

Offline Omen

• kill to believe..
    • View Profile
    • Dark 0men
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 07:53:55 pm »
Okay, sounds like something for me to work for.
- Omen of The Order

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 09:13:51 pm »
Rodes of Lich are drops off the RFD boss. I have a 39 twink warrior in the works and Rogues. There alot easier to get gear for.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 09:54:54 pm »
Robes of the Leech are good, but I'd much rather have the +26 magic damage that Robes of the Magi give.