Author Topic: Cold Turkey.  (Read 7002 times)

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
Cold Turkey.
« on: February 24, 2007, 12:32:18 am »
So, I quit WoW, with two days notice to myself. I think I'm in shock right now, because I'm not feeling the cravings yet. I think I'll give it a few days.

I ran outta moneys... At least, I have to decide between a gamecard and a stargate jacket. And for some reason, the latter is looking a lot more alluring.. Or maybe I'm lying to myself to help calm myself from the sudden withdrawl of WoW... I even wore my "For the Horde" shirt today in lament of how I no longer am owned by the Blizz-Gods...

... Help me. -_-

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Turkey.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:16:35 am »
Keep yourself busy with other things. I have been WoW free since Feb. 7th! lol

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 03:21:12 am »
I dont know why you guys let wow run your life. I like to play but I mean I go out and have a normal life all the time. Dont feel as if you need to play wow just know that with time you will be 70 with good gear and know that you made alot of friends on the way.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 12:03:49 pm »
I dont know why you guys let wow run your life. I like to play but I mean I go out and have a normal life all the time. Dont feel as if you need to play wow just know that with time you will be 70 with good gear and know that you made alot of friends on the way.

Uh, who here said they did?  How many hours do you play a day?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 12:04:31 pm »

For real. I haven't played WoW in a while and I honestly don't feel like playing it, considering how much shit I have to do in the next upcoming weeks.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 04:19:21 pm »

For real. I haven't played WoW in a while and I honestly don't feel like playing it, considering how much shit I have to do in the next upcoming weeks.

Well, I'm just going to say that, considering you haven't played very long, that's not very surprising..

I think that if WoW never became a replacement for life in the first place, it's never really bad to just stop playing. Though, I have seen some people that have absolutely nothing else, and practically live off what a silly computer game can give them... Hooray for losers. I could say I almost got to that point, but I've always had something to crash back on in life. I didn't  need a game for self-motivation. (Can you only imagine what people 100 years ago would have said? Though, I guess WoW is a lot like gambling...)

Basically, if you have a life, it's not a problem. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 06:45:12 pm »
I haven't played since the 15th I think, lol.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 07:55:37 pm »

He was giving general advice.  He doesn't play a lot ( I go on his server frequently to see if he's on ), but I do.  It's work, sleep, WoW and my family - that's what I do ( not in that order ).
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:01:46 pm »
While that may be true, he made a pretty serious accusation.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 11:21:20 am »
While that may be true, he made a pretty serious accusation.

To answer your question I play about 15 hours a week. Thats about 3 hours a day. I usally come home sit and play if I am bored gank horde or call up friends and see what their up too.

As long as you dont feel that you need to play wow, just want to play becuase its fun. Then your on the right track. Once you start feeling as if you need that extra +24 attackpower and Friends and School must wait for it. Then thats when you know your starting to become addicted and must simply log off.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

trust

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 01:51:21 pm »

Hahahaa I love how the question asks how many hours per day! It's like you just expect him to play for multiple hours a day, and I think that's funny. It's like asking some guy "how many hours per day are you high on crack"

And I'm not completely sure what a Stargate jacket consists of, but it sounds even nerdier than being addicted to WoW.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 02:32:08 pm »
To answer your question I play about 15 hours a week. Thats about 3 hours a day. I usally come home sit and play if I am bored gank horde or call up friends and see what their up too.

As long as you dont feel that you need to play wow, just want to play becuase its fun. Then your on the right track. Once you start feeling as if you need that extra +24 attackpower and Friends and School must wait for it. Then thats when you know your starting to become addicted and must simply log off.

Since when are there five days in a week?

I'm pretty sure that most people realize when they're "addicted" (even if they're try to convince themselves that they're not).  That's not the problem.  The problem is their inability to deal with the "addiction."

Hahahaa I love how the question asks how many hours per day! It's like you just expect him to play for multiple hours a day, and I think that's funny. It's like asking some guy "how many hours per day are you high on crack"

I expect you know that your analogy is hyperbolic.

Of course I expect him to play multiple hours a day.  Most people that play WoW play more than an hour on average.  I could ask you how much of your day you spend playing or practicing Lacrosse and you'd probably answer more than an hour.  Most people have an activity that they spend multiple hours a day on.  Just because it doesn't involve something that you're fond of doesn't mean that it's inferior to your past times.

And I'm not completely sure what a Stargate jacket consists of, but it sounds even nerdier than being addicted to WoW.

Do you know that you have a ridiculous superiority complex?  Stop fooling yourself.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 02:58:15 pm »
Most people have an activity that they spend multiple hours a day on.  Just because it doesn't involve something that you're fond of doesn't mean that it's inferior to your past times

Everyone spends multiple hours a day on my favorite activity. Sleep. 8)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 03:04:36 pm »
Everyone spends multiple hours a day on my favorite activity. Sleep. 8)

Haha.  I don't really think that classifies as an activity.  Maybe a passivity!

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 10:00:30 pm »

Since when are there five days in a week?

I'm pretty sure that most people realize when they're "addicted" (even if they're try to convince themselves that they're not).  That's not the problem.  The problem is their inability to deal with the "addiction."

I expect you know that your analogy is hyperbolic.

Of course I expect him to play multiple hours a day.  Most people that play WoW play more than an hour on average.  I could ask you how much of your day you spend playing or practicing Lacrosse and you'd probably answer more than an hour.  Most people have an activity that they spend multiple hours a day on.  Just because it doesn't involve something that you're fond of doesn't mean that it's inferior to your past times.

Do you know that you have a ridiculous superiority complex?  Stop fooling yourself.

There have always been 5 days a week and 2 days a weekend  ;)
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.