Author Topic: any of you all fly much/recently? (security stuff)  (Read 6956 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: any of you all fly much/recently? (security stuff)
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 06:11:52 pm »
So wait, you're supposed to put your suit in a garment bag, and the rest of your garments in a suitcase? 

if that's correct (I've never heard of a garment bag before), it's funny how language evolves (a suitcase probably was originally intended to carry suits)? :)

trust

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 06:14:19 pm »
So wait, you're supposed to put your suit in a garment bag, and the rest of your garments in a suitcase? 

if that's correct (I've never heard of a garment bag before), it's funny how language evolves (a suitcase probably was originally intended to carry suits)? :)

yeah I guess. maybe suitcases were used before we had the modern day type suit, I don't know - it is interesting though.

garment bags fold open and you can place like suits, overcoats, dresses, etc. in there so they won't get all wrinkled and move around and stuff.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 06:20:41 pm »
garment bags fold open and you can place like suits, overcoats, dresses, etc. in there so they won't get all wrinkled and move around and stuff.
Ok, that's what I figured. I only have one suit, and I've never traveled with it, so that has yet to become an issue.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 06:24:49 pm »

lolwtfmate

I never even thought of that!

...stupid language.

I meet on campus at 2pm tomorrow to head out for airport ... I'm still awaiting the arrival of my shirt & jacket while still needing to buy a matching tie once all of that gets here!!!  :o
UPS said I can call them in the morning and ask to have the package set aside for will call (and explain my situation so that they're more compassionate) & get it after 10am.  The UPS tracking system thing says it ought to be delivered to my house tomorrow ... sometime, sometime just not being good enough for me :(.

YIKES

trust

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 07:00:13 pm »
woah you're having a jacket come tomorrow? I hope it fits...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 08:00:56 pm »
woah you're having a jacket come tomorrow? I hope it fits...

I know what size I needed, I tried on other colors @ the store...just a matter of it getting here.

BUT, just in case I went and bought one @ Men's Warehouse just now + picked up a shirt & tie...looks nice (just not sure which tie to wear w/ it...they all look pretty good)