Author Topic: Cold Turkey.  (Read 6807 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Cold Turkey.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 10:13:41 pm »
There have always been 5 days a week and 2 days a weekend  ;)

By definition, a week is seven days. :P

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 03:42:36 am »
There have always been 5 days a week and 2 days a weekend  ;)

By definition, a week is seven days. :P
But a galactic standard week is only an hour.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

trust

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 06:50:36 am »
Of course I expect him to play multiple hours a day.  Most people that play WoW play more than an hour on average.  I could ask you how much of your day you spend playing or practicing Lacrosse and you'd probably answer more than an hour.  Most people have an activity that they spend multiple hours a day on.  Just because it doesn't involve something that you're fond of doesn't mean that it's inferior to your past times.

I spend 2-2.5 hours a day playing lacrosse, which is at team practices and sometimes I'll stay back for 15 minutes or so and shoot. Practice starts at 3 and I usually get home around 5:30-6. The difference is this is at practice, I don't just randomly decide to not sleep and go play lacrosse for 10 hours. Plus lacrosse is better for you.

Do you know that you have a ridiculous superiority complex?  Stop fooling yourself.

I'm not saying WoW is bad, as I've always wanted to like it. I just couldn't, though I've tried multiple times.

Edit: Oh yeah, and alot of my teammates play.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 07:14:17 am by OG Trust »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 11:29:27 am »
I spend 2-2.5 hours a day playing lacrosse, which is at team practices and sometimes I'll stay back for 15 minutes or so and shoot. Practice starts at 3 and I usually get home around 5:30-6. The difference is this is at practice, I don't just randomly decide to not sleep and go play lacrosse for 10 hours. Plus lacrosse is better for you.

Not everyone decides to skip sleep.  Lacrosse may (usually) be better for you physically (assuming you don't get injured.  it's hard to get railed in the face playing WoW), but I don't think that you can argue WoW is largely a social network.  You meet more people from around the world.

I'm not saying WoW is bad, as I've always wanted to like it. I just couldn't, though I've tried multiple times.

Edit: Oh yeah, and alot of my teammates play.

You seem to be saying exactly that, though...

trust

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 03:00:22 pm »
Not everyone decides to skip sleep.  Lacrosse may (usually) be better for you physically (assuming you don't get injured.  it's hard to get railed in the face playing WoW), but I don't think that you can argue WoW is largely a social network.  You meet more people from around the world.

If it's the "social network" you're after, why not join a global chatroom, Facebook, etc? Most likely the friendships you make on WoW are going to be without substance, whereas in lacrosse the friendships I make are with real people who I actually know.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 04:39:30 pm »
If it's the "social network" you're after, why not join a global chatroom, Facebook, etc? Most likely the friendships you make on WoW are going to be without substance, whereas in lacrosse the friendships I make are with real people who I actually know.

Because the community isn't driven or inspired like it is in WoW.

How can you say the friendships formed in WoW are without substance?  What's going to happen with your Lacrosse buddies when you all go away to different colleges? 

I think you're being far too judgmental.  I don't really care if you don't like WoW (I don't play it anymore, by the way), but I don't think you should make fun of people because they'd rather stab horde than throw balls with sticks into nets.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 05:18:36 pm »

Well, I'm going to say that, seeing as WoW is a computer game and it's something that I enjoy, it's more likely that people that share the same interests are going to be playing it. Not necessarily, just more probability. As for Facebook, chatrooms, and myspace, and anything else associated with them, I've pretty much blacklisted them for being drama traps.

WoW is suited for people who enjoy playing it, and sports are suited for people who enjoy playing them. I don't enjoy throwing around balls, so I don't associate myself with people that do.

(And, relationships through WoW aren't without substance. A lot of the people I play WoW with are people I've known for several years and have come to respect, and some even wanting to get together. Hell, one of my guildies from New Zealand has the money to come visit me and may do so at some point. I think in some ways these relationships do have substances because they are so able to thrive in such a long-distance environment. That's my opinion, though. Which is why I played WoW, and you do not. If everyone felt this way, then Blizzard would own the galaxy.)