Author Topic: Regarding a topic...  (Read 13264 times)

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
Regarding a topic...
« on: March 01, 2007, 11:29:57 pm »
I'd like to make a comment about the following topic: http://www.x86labs.org:81/forum/index.php/topic,3633.0.html

This is c0n, as you all will obviously figure out (because I couldn't care less). iago, you said that I have never been able to get back here. Sorry, pal, but back then after I got banned, I would still read this forum for fun. Second, about deadly7, who said: "Ha. c0n is a little douche.. nobody actually likes him [that matters in life]. He's arrogant, egotstical, stuck-up (them's synonymous, shut up), and just thinks he knows it all. Ooh wow, he uses linux, that makes his epenis grow to 1cm! (Still 3x the size of his normal, but that's for another thread)."

It sounds like you're pretty sure of your words, even though I don't believe we've ever talked. Nobody in these forums likes me. I make friends with who I want, and none of you have ever been on that list. No, I don't use Linux. I hate Linux... in fact, anybody that knows me would know that. So obviously your blind judgement on me is just that, a blind judgement.

Also, that was me, Screenor. I am SPARC Assembly. I purposely rm'd all the bnetaxe.com shit, and put that page up, to subtly make fun of denial.

BnetAxe was just something I did when I was bored. A lot of it was boring, cliche, and stupid. But I did have fun making fun of random people who I didn't even know.

Actually, I'm surprised I never came about this topic when it was first started. For awhile I decided it wasn't worth my time messing with your minds. There was some truth to BnetAxe, however.

Anyway, BnetAxe was a great trolling device, apparently. I'm glad you guys took the time to actually write a whole topic about it. Also, I think BnetAxe is lame too.

One more thing: There were actually five people involved in BnetAxe. Not that you care.
I just thought it would be nice to spill the beans, and let you know that it was only used to entertain myself through stirring up shit on the net a little. And yes, it was very immature. But I haven't changed--I still own you all.  ;D

I will be expecting iago to ban me for the ~5th time very soon now. I'll be back later, though. Have fun!

Sincerely,

Your Friend C0n

P.S. I do know that I will probably not get many, if any, replies. Don't reply, this is only to read. If you reply, you are only giving in to my trolling techniques. Thanks. And yes, I realize that you know that was a very bad attempt at reverse psychology.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:40:48 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Regarding a topic...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:49:06 pm »
I will be expecting iago to ban me for the ~5th time very soon now. I'll be back later, though. Have fun!
Believe me, I almost did. But then I read your post, and it seemed rather more well-behaved than I've learned to expect. So I'll leave it for now, provided you're well behaved.

But I can't speak for other admins, of course :P

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:50:41 pm »
I love the pigs.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 11:58:36 pm »
You're acting like a normal human being. I have no quarrels with you being here.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 12:06:03 am »
I personally like ASCII art. That must have taken lots of time to draw up. Not so much thought but lots and lots of time.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 12:23:21 am »
I personally like ASCII art. That must have taken lots of time to draw up. Not so much thought but lots and lots of time.

It didn't take much time at all, because the ASCII art sucks. Plus a lot of that ascii art was created by a generator, because I suck at it.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 12:28:27 am »
Weren't you the guy that got multiple blood clots in your chest and went into intensive care?
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 12:56:10 am »
You're acting like a normal human being. I have no quarrels with you being here.
Exactly.

Weren't you the guy that got multiple blood clots in your chest and went into intensive care?
No.  Different con.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

trust

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 07:58:23 am »
hi.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 02:35:38 pm »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 03:04:44 pm »
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 04:37:38 pm »

false.

Also, I'm replying just for the hell of replying. The reverse psychology worked.

Hi c0n!
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 06:23:08 pm »
I'm the only c0nfu53d]ZeR0[... so yes, that was me. The hospital sucks, and I still have disturbing memories lingering from that experience. And it wasn't exactly my chest, it was my lungs that got multiple blood clots (in the double digits, apparently). If I waited another day to go to the hospital, they said I could have probably died due to my respiratory system shutting down. The annoying part is that they said that my lungs would heal in 6 months to a year. They're not healed completely, so I do not have 100% capacity. Although, I smoke a lot of weed, so that has probably helped stop it from healing a bit. A lot of people were saying I got that because I sit around too much, which is not true, since it's actually a genetic blood disorder (my blood is too thick naturally, so I have to take blood thinners).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:28:56 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 07:24:52 pm »
I'm in shock that you said you just about died due to lung problems, and almost in the same breath you add that you still "smoke a lot of weed."  I guess that's more proof that marijuana is an extremely addictive and dangerous drug.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 08:15:40 pm »
I'm in shock that you said you just about died due to lung problems, and almost in the same breath you add that you still "smoke a lot of weed."  I guess that's more proof that marijuana is an extremely addictive and dangerous drug.
If you're going to die, what's the point?
Any how, pot's not physicaly addictive. It's like bighting your nails. Only the weak get addicted to things like that.

Back on topic:
I never had any problems with c0n, but I would stay away from big arguments so I usually didn't have any problems with him. (In fact, there were no topics that he posted in that wern't big arguments. I wonder why that is. ;) )

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 08:23:43 pm »
So you're saying marijuana is a psychological disorder and should be treated?  Or is it use of a controlled substance and should be punished.  Hm.  Way to punish mentally unstable people, or rather, way to medicate criminals.

Hmmmmm.....

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 08:30:15 pm »

Or, maybe the Marijuana wasn't a threat to his lung problem in the first place? Blood clots located in your lungs aren't exactly lung cancer. Even if it was, Marijuana hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:33:17 pm by Metal Militia »

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 08:33:27 pm »

Or, maybe the Marijuana wasn't a threat to his lung problem in the first place, or even a small threat? Blood clots located in your lungs aren't exactly lung cancer. Even if it was, Marijuana hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.

Oh please.  And tobacco hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.  It's impossible to prove anything conclusively in the real world.  Keep living in denial though.  Anyone who continues to smoke after he has had a life-threatening lung problem, whether or not that was a problem related to the smoking or not, has a serious dependency issue.  Also, if you were to ask any medical doctor whether smoking marijuana would aggravate his condition, the answer would be a strong and unanimous "yes".  Further, smoking marijuana almost certainly contributed to his problem in the first place.  Perhaps you should read about the effects of smoking in regards to blood vessels and clotting. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:38:14 pm by Rule »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 08:41:19 pm »
http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/mj-health-mythology.html#myth3

You have you're facts wrong. Tobacco has been proven to cause lung cancer, while second hand smoke hasn't.

It's not whether the problem was related to smoking, it's whether smoking will threaten the problem further. If there is no threat, then there's no worries. Or, perhaps the user was ignorant and did not believe marijuana would threaten the lung problem.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 08:45:29 pm »
You obviously didn't understand my point.  Tobacco hasn't been proven to do anything, because it's IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE ANYTHING IN SCIENCE.

Also, I already said that marijuana smoking, or any sort of smoking directly aggravates or is in a large part responsible for his problems.  Any kind of smoking contributes to blood clotting, Coronary Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Aneurysm, Peripheral vascular disease (PVD), Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger's Disease), stroke, and circulatory problems.  This is extremely well known in the medical profession.
Just look up "smoking blood" in google, and see what you get.  This is not to mention the obvious deleterious effects on your lungs via inhaling large quantities of smoke into them.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:47:08 pm by Rule »

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 10:43:26 pm »

Are you trying to troll? Because Cannabis is not a bad drug at all. Super_X is correct. I've done a lot of research on it. If Cannabis was such a bad drug, then there wouldn't be any Marijuana Legalization Advocates like NORML. Do you see people saying Crack or Methamphetamine should be legal? Cannabis is psychologically addictive, and it actually has a very high medicinal value. It looks like you are a victim of the propaganda spread throughout the 1930's and mid-20th century. Usually people who have never even tried it think it's bad. You probably will not read this, because it will prove you wrong, but here you go anyhow:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_medical.shtml
http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/3-mj-myths
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html
http://www.counterpunch.com/gardner07022005.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4286435.stm
http://www.norml.org/
http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3475

There are many more, but I won't put the time and effort into finding and pasting them, since you probably won't read any of them anyway. If you do decide, there they are. The idea that Cannabis is phsyically addictive is one of the government propaganda lies. Sure, it's not a harmless drug, but it does have benefits, and it's not even very harmful at all. Everything can harm you, even food. Nothing is harmless. Cannabis is actually one of the safest drugs, and it's illegal because of greed and racism.

http://www.cannabis.com

Have fun. And before the problem with my lungs, I didn't smoke Cannabis. In fact, directly after that it was not much, because I didn't have much interest in it. But I have insomnia, and it allows me to sleep better than any sleeping pill available. Also, Cannabis is safer than MANY legal prescription drugs. It's even safer than alcohol, which is obvious, since Alcohol causes more death per year in the U.S. than all other illegal drugs combined. Also, Cannabis has absolutely no OD potential, as you would need to smoke, or ingest hundreds of pounds of it in a very short period (about 15 minutes) to cause a fatal THC overdose. This is humanly impossible, and it has never happened. Anyway, have fun. I hope you read some of this stuff, and stop being a victim of government propaganda which had no purpose but to serve people's greed and racist ideals. There are more reasons, but none of the reasons have anything to do with the drug itself.

Thus proves my point that Cannabis is not an extremely addictive (psychologically addictive, yes, since anything can be psychologically addictive) or dangerous drug (in fact, it's not dangerous at all). In all honesty, though, I don't blame you for being ignorant about Cannabis. I, too, was ignorant and thought the same things as you. One day I decided to research it to see exactly how accurate the government was. Overwhelming scientific evidence that was covered up by the government actually points to it being one of the safest drugs in the world... even safer than many legal drugs.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:16:38 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 10:44:40 pm »

Or, maybe the Marijuana wasn't a threat to his lung problem in the first place, or even a small threat? Blood clots located in your lungs aren't exactly lung cancer. Even if it was, Marijuana hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.

Oh please.  And tobacco hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.  It's impossible to prove anything conclusively in the real world.  Keep living in denial though.  Anyone who continues to smoke after he has had a life-threatening lung problem, whether or not that was a problem related to the smoking or not, has a serious dependency issue.  Also, if you were to ask any medical doctor whether smoking marijuana would aggravate his condition, the answer would be a strong and unanimous "yes".  Further, smoking marijuana almost certainly contributed to his problem in the first place.  Perhaps you should read about the effects of smoking in regards to blood vessels and clotting. 

Sorry for the double-post, but most medical doctors are not educated about Cannabis. Tobacco has been linked to all of the diseases you listed there. Yes, any smoke you inhale has carcinogens, however THC (Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannibinol) has been found to actually help prevent cancer. Look at my previous post, and you will see a link to many things which will contradict your ignorant statements with valid scientific evidence. Sure, science isn't exact, but it beats your ignorant statements based soley on biased unscientific evidence. Read the facts, and you won't look ignorant. Because I'm sure everyone here has read your posts, and realized that none of your statements have any evidence to back up your bad claims about Cannabis. Smoke a spliff, and have a great day. And no, I am not dependent on Cannabis. I have gone months without it at times (but only to lower my tolerance so that I can get more baked :) ).

P.S. Did you know that George Washington grew hemp? :) It's in his journals.

Oops, forgot this:

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4453
and this one is important. If you don't read the ones above, at least read the following one:
http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

Aha, man, this is getting lengthy, because I keep adding on to my posts. Prohibition of Marijuana actually causes more problems than it was intended to fix. It's a huge failure, and you will see why on the link to the NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) site.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:23:38 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 12:30:36 am »
:rolleyes:
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 12:36:23 am »
Would you please stop calling me "ignorant" without knowing anything about my background at all? I'm not trying to start a fight or troll, I posted because I was concerned about what you were doing given your condition. 

I've seen a lot of the sources you've listed in other arguments, and I think since you are in a vulnerable position you would be wise to listen to physicians, and not go with the attitude that you know more than they do.  Regardless of what you tell me, or what points you make, I know that you're only doing it to justify the smoking to yourself.  Maybe you disagree with that, maybe you agree with it but want to disagree with it, whatever.  Let's not fight about it.  If I were actually to start arguing with you about this seriously, it would take all of my time.  To respond to all of the logical errors you've made would be hours worth of typing; as a brief example of what I mean, you argue that people wish to legalize marijuana therefore it is not a bad drug.  But both alcohol and tobacco are legal, and are they "not very bad"?  Further, you claim that no-one talks about legalizing other drugs.  But I've observed the opposite; most people who argue that marijuana should be legal argue that all drugs should be legal -- it just seems that it is more likely that their plea will be considered or something might be done with marijuana.  Also, I feel this government conspiracy stuff is paranoid nonsense.  It doesn't surprise me that so many marijuana users subscribe to it though, as paranoia is a conclusive side-effect of cannabis use.

In short, if you want to die soon, keep smoking pot.  Otherwise I'd suggest consulting with someone who has over 8 years of university education in the medical sciences and trust their judgment.  I honestly don't have the time to go through this sort of debate with you.  I'd be happy if you actually considered what I said rather than immediately trying to argue with it or contradict it.  You don't need to justify anything to me -- I'm not going to save the world.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:35:08 am by Rule »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 12:59:48 am »
Would you please stop calling me "ignorant" without knowing anything about my background at all? I'm not trying to start a fight or troll, I posted because I was concerned about what you were doing given your condition. 
Why are you to care how others live their lives? If some one wants to do something that doesn't effect you, why do you care.
Also, you say "[...]consulting with someone who has over 8 years or university education [...]" What makes you the expert? How much time do you spend talking to doctors about this stuff?

I don't think it should be illegal. I think that if you don't want to do it, don't.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 01:11:18 am »
Way to craft an amazingly stupid reply to a post that wasn't directed towards you, SuperX.  I could guess that you would be a pothead just by reading a few of your posts that are totally unrelated to marijuana. Your marijuana-soaked brain probably failed to grasp this, but con's situation is a bit different than most people's, given his blood condition.

edit: (Removed some background info).  My academic background is none of your business, although what I say comes from somewhat of an "expert's" or informed perspective.  I could elaborate by PM to c0n, if it would make a difference.  And of course I was referring to a physician, with added emphasis on the time they have spent rigorously studying the human body and how it is effected by various drugs.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:38:51 am by Rule »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 01:50:49 am »
Way to craft an amazingly stupid reply to a post that wasn't directed towards you, SuperX.  I could guess that you would be a pothead just by reading a few of your posts that are totally unrelated to marijuana. Your marijuana-soaked brain probably failed to grasp this, but con's situation is a bit different than most people's, given his blood condition.
Way too assume, congradulations on being wrong. Any how, if you've read c0n's post he had said that he started smoking pot after his condition was at a serious state. Who's to say that c0n never asked his phisician?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 02:33:32 am »
Why are you to care how others live their lives? If some one wants to do something that doesn't effect you, why do you care.
Look at the thread where Joe talks about dropping out of school (changing to home education, whatever). See how many people gave advice to him? It's the same thing here. It's true that smoking (of any kind)contributes to blood clotting and weakens the lungs, so it seems pretty logical that you oughtn't smoke if you have either type of problem.

And incidentally, I'm sure Rule knows a little about what he's talking about. Besides his education, he lives on the west coast of Canada which is pretty well known to be one of the biggest pot-smoking areas in Canada, at least.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 03:09:13 am »
You obviously didn't understand my point.  Tobacco hasn't been proven to do anything, because it's IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE ANYTHING IN SCIENCE.

Also, I already said that marijuana smoking, or any sort of smoking directly aggravates or is in a large part responsible for his problems.  Any kind of smoking contributes to blood clotting, Coronary Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Aneurysm, Peripheral vascular disease (PVD), Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger's Disease), stroke, and circulatory problems.  This is extremely well known in the medical profession.
Just look up "smoking blood" in google, and see what you get.  This is not to mention the obvious deleterious effects on your lungs via inhaling large quantities of smoke into them.

I missed the part where he said he has a genetic order causing him to have thick blood. In that case, it might not be the best idea, but I've never researched that area, so I'm not going to guess.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 03:26:54 am »
I don't think it's really a topic of debate.  This whole discussion started by c0n bringing up that he thought his incomplete recovery was due to his substantial pot smoking.  It's sort of like saying, "Well, I have this condition that makes it hard for scabs to form.  My wound hasn't healed yet, maybe it's because I keep scratching at it."  Now if we apply this analogy to a life threatening condition, like c0n's, it becomes all the more shocking.

And, SuperX, your comment claiming that one shouldn't care about things that don't directly effect him/her sounds really selfish.  I'm not used to talking to people like you. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 03:34:03 am by Rule »

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 07:42:03 am »
"Other drugs aren't pushed to be legal" is bullshit.  Morphine (refined form of heroin) is legal and widely used.  Novocaine (refined form of cocaine) is legal and widely used.  Marijuana has no medical purpose, nor do any of it's derivatives (don't say glaucoma, as there are hundreds of brands of beta blockers that all work BETTER than marijuana).

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 10:01:11 am »
Morphine is not a refined form of Heroin...in fact, you could say it's the other way around, as heroin breaks down into morphine in your liver. Morphine is ridiculously addictive, and I'm staunchly opposed it. It, along with heroin, has ruined the lives of many people.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 10:41:20 am »
Morphine is not a refined form of Heroin...in fact, you could say it's the other way around, as heroin breaks down into morphine in your liver. Morphine is ridiculously addictive, and I'm staunchly opposed it. It, along with heroin, has ruined the lives of many people.
A friend of a friend is old, riddled with arthritis, can barely walk, and will never improve. Are you opposed with letting her ease her pain with Morphine until she dies? Taking a heavy painkiller is the only way to ensure she doesn't live out her years in agony.

And incidentally, they didn't give her morphine, they gave her another highly addictive pain killer. Oxy-something, I think. But I still support that in this case.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 11:27:40 am »
A friend of a friend is old, riddled with arthritis, can barely walk, and will never improve. Are you opposed with letting her ease her pain with Morphine until she dies? Taking a heavy painkiller is the only way to ensure she doesn't live out her years in agony.

And incidentally, they didn't give her morphine, they gave her another highly addictive pain killer. Oxy-something, I think. But I still support that in this case.
Oxycodone.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 01:41:54 pm »
"Other drugs aren't pushed to be legal" is bullshit.  Morphine (refined form of heroin) is legal and widely used.  Novocaine (refined form of cocaine) is legal and widely used.  Marijuana has no medical purpose, nor do any of it's derivatives (don't say glaucoma, as there are hundreds of brands of beta blockers that all work BETTER than marijuana).
Marijuana would play a great role for cancer patients.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 01:53:17 pm »
The active ingredient in marijuana is THC, right? As far as I know, there is a pill form of that available.  Why don't people take that instead of smoking marijuana?
errr... something like that...

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 02:11:23 pm »

Like you said, there are alternatives. If there is no other possible option, then yes, I would support its use. However, morphine is highly abused and more often than not, there are alternatives.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 02:19:50 pm »
The active ingredient in marijuana is THC, right? As far as I know, there is a pill form of that available.  Why don't people take that instead of smoking marijuana?
Smoking marijuana will allow the user to choose the perfect dosage they would need for the occasion. Not to mention that if smoked with a vaporizer, Marijuana smoke would be virtually harmless.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 03:09:49 pm »
Says who?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 03:13:54 pm »
Like you said, there are alternatives. If there is no other possible option, then yes, I would support its use. However, morphine is highly abused and more often than not, there are alternatives.
That's fine, I just wanted to show you that there are cases where it's useful. I'm not going to argue whether or not it should be legal/etc, because I don't know enough about it and really, I don't care. I'll leave the pharmaceutical stuff to pharmacists/doctors, and let them leave the computer stuff to me :)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 03:26:13 pm »
Says who?
Medical marijuana is one of the most widely supported issues in drug policy reform. Numerous published studies suggest that marijuana has medical value in treating patients with serious illnesses such as AIDS, glaucoma, cancer, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and chronic pain. In 1999, the Institute of Medicine, in the most comprehensive study of medical marijuana's efficacy to date, concluded, "Nausea, appetite loss, pain and anxiety . . . all can be mitigated by marijuana." Allowing patients legal access to medical marijuana has been discussed by numerous organizations, including the AIDS Action Council, American Bar Association, American Public Health Association, California Medical Association, National Association of Attorneys General, and several state nurses associations.
Under the "Public Support" section here.

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 05:45:35 pm »

Here's the thing. You are thinking of Marinol, which is actually synthetic THC. The problem with Marinol (and I think there's another one out there too) is that smoking Cannabis actually is more efficient, as well as the fact that the THC is not synthetic. Marinol's synthetic THC actually can CAUSE nausia and anxiety, and paranoia. Real THC actually can counter those effects. Yes, Cannabis Sativa (as opposed to Cannabis Indica) can actually cause paranoia to unexperienced users (it gives a cerebral head high, sometimes a bit trippy). Rule said that Cannabis causes paranoia to users... this is not always true, and it's only during the time that THC is active in one's bloodstream (1-4 hours, depending on the user's tolerance). Also, the paranoia that is caused isn't ever the kind of paranoia that would cause people to think that there is a government conspiracy. It's actually more of a "shit, my heart is pounding too fast, am I going to have a heart attack? Is there somebody looking at me through the window?" kind of stuff. I've experienced the paranoia before, and it's actually nothing to be worried about, since Cannabis plays a lot of mind games while one is under the influence. Cannabis Indica strains are very good for medicinal usage, as it produces a body stone that dulls pain. Cannabis plays a great role for cancer patients because THC (with good levels of CBD, since CBD (cannabidiol) regulates the levels of THC (CBD is not psychoactive)) can counter-act the nausia caused by chemo therapy. There are many medicinal uses for Cannabis, not just to help cancer patients. There is a huge medicinal marijuana movement, and there is still research going on for other things that Cannabis can do. Currently there's a study going on that says that Cannabis can possibly help prevent Alzheimer's as well.. this has not been proven yet, but given time, we will see.

Rule, I'm surprised that you still think Cannabis is a bad drug that is dangerous. I gave you many links that show all the common myths of Cannabis, all of which have been proven wrong by scientific studies. And yes, it is true that the government is trying to cover up the research that has been/is being done. Read the "Why Marijuana is Illegal" link that I posted.

Cannabis is not a bad drug, and recreational use has little to no bad effects on its users.

1. It's not physically addictive.
2. It has no bad physiological effects (except if you smoke it, you could get a cough).
3. Has no potential for overdose.

So why should it be illegal? Prohibition only causes:

1. No quality control, thus things can be laced with other drugs.
2. No quality control of Cannabis means that people could get bad Cannabis, with mold on it, that can actually be detrimental to one's physical health.
3. Causes organized crime to rise.

What happened with Alcohol prohibition? I think we all know the story.
Marijuana is a VERY safe drug. It's more safe that A LOT of legal prescription drugs.
Adderral? You can OD. It's addictive, too!
Oxycodone/Oxycontin/Morphine/etc? Very high OD risk, and it's highly addictive. And yet it's being abused by so many people. I don't think it should be illegal, because many people need chronic pain killers. But Cannabis can also kill chronic pain, with NONE of those risk factors.

I'm getting tired of typing now. I don't see what else I need to say to get you non-believers to understand that Cannabis is a drug that needs to be freed.

About Tobacco...
Tobacco alone, without any of the additives, is not nearly as harmful as people think. Tobacco companies add extra nicotine (which is actually a poison), and many other chemicals which are supposed to help smooth the smoke out (and keep people addicted). Many of those can be carcinogenic. Tobacco alone is still bad, though.

Hopefully now you know that just because something is illegal, does not mean it is bad. Later.

P.S. Rule, I think it's funny how you say it's impossible to prove anything in the real world, and then you list many things that smoke in one's lungs can cause. All of those problems were found out by scientific studies, and yet since it was included in your argument, it did not apply to your idea that you cannot prove anything in science. But I guess it doesn't matter, since you're right about smoke causing those problems. Also, the study of medicine is a very scientific thing. But I guess that doesn't matter, since it's part of your argument, and not someone else's, right?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 06:12:21 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 06:28:33 pm »
And, SuperX, your comment claiming that one shouldn't care about things that don't directly effect him/her sounds really selfish.  I'm not used to talking to people like you. 
I don't quite understand why it's selfish to let people do what they want with their lives. I'm not saying "Don't judge me. It's my life." I'm saying that every one has the right to live their life like they want, I think it's selfish to take away their privileges because you don't agree.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 06:34:32 pm »
I don't quite understand why it's selfish to let people do what they want with their lives. I'm not saying "Don't judge me. It's my life." I'm saying that every one has the right to live their life like they want, I think it's selfish to take away their privileges because you don't agree.
Who's taking away privileges? That was done a long time ago when the law was made. All that's happening here is he's giving some advice, and while I think people should have every right to do things that can hurt themselves, I also think it's everybody's right (responsibility, even) to tell somebody when they're doing something stupid/harmful.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 07:28:12 pm »
Who's taking away privileges? That was done a long time ago when the law was made. All that's happening here is he's giving some advice, and while I think people should have every right to do things that can hurt themselves, I also think it's everybody's right (responsibility, even) to tell somebody when they're doing something stupid/harmful.
But, the thing is if you only tell one set of people that they're doing something stupid and wrong it's making them feel bad about something that they should feel bad about. As has been stated before, marijuana's not as harmful as many other things. Do you tell every one that smokes that they're doing something dumb that will cause them to die? Do you tell that to every one drinking alcohol? How 'bout every one that eats too much, and drinks too much coffee? If you only tell "pot heads" that, you're just telling them that it's worse than everything else.

Dave Chapell has a joke where he talks about smoking on a bus, and every one gets angry at him but not a homless man masturbating. This is just like that, they get angry at something sort of distructive, as opposed to something that's very distructive.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 07:32:12 pm by Super_X »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2007, 07:33:47 pm »
But, the thing is if you only tell one set of people that they're doing something stupid and wrong it's making them feel bad about something that they should feel bad about. As has been stated before, marijuana's not as harmful as many other things. Do you tell every one that smokes that they're doing something dumb that will cause them to die? Do you tell that to every one drinking alcohol? How 'bout every one that eats too much, and drinks too much coffee? If you only tell "pot heads" that, you're just telling them that it's worse than everything else.
If somebody has a lung problem and smokes, yes. If somebody has a liver problem and drinks, yes. You're failing to see the point here, about having problems with blood-clots in his lungs. This topic isn't about an average pot-smoker.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2007, 08:14:12 pm »
Can we move this to GameSnake's forum please? I like reading non drug-related General Discussion on the board index.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2007, 08:23:26 pm »
Can we move this to GameSnake's forum please? I like reading non drug-related General Discussion on the board index.
In that case, we should move every topic that you post in into your forum for the same reason.  :D

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2007, 10:13:07 pm »
I think some of you misunderstood me. When I say I smoke a lot of weed, I mean that it's pretty much a daily thing, but at small quantities in each session. Anyway, I just scored a bag of some Strawberry Cough. I'm pretty excited!

I live my life every day as if I'm going to die the next, because it's very possible that I could. I'm not going to not enjoy my life just because my lungs don't have much capacity. Really, it doesn't effect me much. All I know is that I cannot breathe in as much as others. My pulse-ox levels are fine, because I have had them tested. My blood levels are fine, because I get my blood drawn every week. If I were to die tomorrow, I'd have no regrets. I think all of you should do what you want during your lives, instead of being a slave to the system. Unless that is what makes you happy. I am not saying that I go around partying and getting totally smashed every night. Cannabis has only improved my life, and I mean this. Before I started, I was pretty anti-social and shy. My social life has skyrocketed, and I'm a much more friendly person. I used to have anger problems, but not anymore. I live a much happier life, and if any of you have anything against that, then I think you might end up living unhappy lives. No, I don't do other drugs. In fact, I stay away from other drugs. I used to drink, but Cannabis makes me not want to drink. There goes the gateway effect theory down the toilet, huh? I used to pop oxycodone daily, but strangely enough, as much as Rule thinks Cannabis is a dangerous drug, it helped me get over my addiction.

Have fun with your lives, because it's short, and it's not worth not having fun. Of course, I'm not saying you should necessarily go out and smoke weed. If it's not your cup of tea (haha, you can actually make tea out of it), then don't do it and be quiet. I'd still suggest that you find some way to keep yourself happy, whatever it is... because you never know if tomorrow you will die in a car accident, or some other thing will cause your life to cease to exist.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 10:45:14 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2007, 10:26:18 pm »
I think some of you misunderstood me. When I say I smoke a lot of weed, I mean that it's pretty much a daily thing, but at small quantities in each session. Anyway, I just scored a bag of some Strawberry Cough. I'm pretty excited!

I live my life every day as if I'm going to die the next, because it's very possible that I could. I'm not going to not enjoy my life just because my lungs don't have much capacity. Really, it doesn't effect me much. All I know is that I cannot breathe in as much as others. My pulse-ox levels are fine, because I have had them tested. My blood levels are fine, because I get my blood drawn every week. If I were to die tomorrow, I'd have no regrets. I think all of you should do what you want during your lives, instead of being a slave to the system. Unless that is what makes you happy.
Hehe, if I didn't know better, I'd call you a fucking hippie. Really though, would you rather have fun when you're young and die in your 50s/60s, or be bored when you're both young and old? If you ask me, it's all personal preference.

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2007, 10:31:35 pm »

I live my life every day as if I'm going to die the next, because it's very possible that I could. I'm not going to not enjoy my life just because my lungs don't have much capacity. Really, it doesn't effect me much. All I know is that I cannot breathe in as much as others. My pulse-ox levels are fine, because I have had them tested. My blood levels are fine, because I get my blood drawn every week. If I were to die tomorrow, I'd have no regrets. I think all of you should do what you want during your lives, instead of being a slave to the system. Unless that is what makes you happy.
Hehe, if I didn't know better, I'd call you a fucking hippie. Really though, would you rather have fun when you're young and die in your 50s/60s, or be bored when you're both young and old? If you ask me, it's all personal preference.

I'd much rather have fun when young, and die in my 50's/60's. What's the point in living if you're bored? I hate boredom. Why would anyone want to live their whole life bored? Am I a hippie? Nah. But I don't think anything is wrong with being a hippie. Hippies are people who are in search of enlightenment, and treasure the earth, and well-being of others. There's nothing wrong with that, and it's probably better if all of the world leaders were hippies, because then there wouldn't be innocent people dying because some scumbag decided he'd send his army to a country just because he wants more money. And usually hippies tend to hitchhike because they don't believe in the concept of money. Well, hmm... I take it back. Maybe I am kind of a hippie. But I don't care. I don't look like a hippie (their clothes are retarded looking) :).

Edit: Also, I don't really mess with psychedelics much. Except for Salvia, which I've tried once (didn't have too much effect). And I'm currently growing mushrooms, but all in all, it doesn't really matter. I'm mostly doing the mushroom thing because I've always wondered how it would be to hallucinate, and have my perception of reality changed completely (don't worry, I've done research, and mushrooms are very safe as well. Alcohol still beats mushrooms in a sense of dangerousness by at least 10 fold.)

You know what, I just realized now that I do share the same ideas that a lot of the hippies back in the 60's did. Interesting. But I am a computer guy, and hippies would probably disapprove of it!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 10:40:59 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2007, 01:52:03 am »
...(don't worry, I've done research, and mushrooms are very safe as well. Alcohol still beats mushrooms in a sense of dangerousness by at least 10 fold.)

As someone who regularly does "real" research, (the kind that gets published in academic journals), I think you should go talk to a doctor about your smoking and this new mushroom project rather than trolling the internet and coming up with ridiculous estimates like that.  Don't presume that you know more than your physician - it's arrogant and unwise.  I skimmed through a few of the links you posted, (mostly from the sources I recognized as being at least mildly credible, e.g. BBC), and they were filled with disclaimers such as "however, we absolutely do not want readers to take this as a suggestion to smoke marijuana or that smoking would be beneficial to your health."  I am not going to continue this discussion with you, because I've come to the conclusion that it's pointless.  You're too weak to change, or you'll have to learn the hard way (I would have thought the "hard way" had already happened, but apparently not for you).  Good luck doing whatever you do.  If you want to ignore legitimate concerns ,then that's your responsibility, and I am not going to say any more about it.

Edit:
Really though, would you rather have fun when you're young and die in your 50s/60s, or be bored when you're both young and old? If you ask me, it's all personal preference.
Does there have to be a trade-off?  I choose being healthy, living a long time, and having fun.  That sounds like the best choice to me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 02:43:52 am by Rule »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2007, 02:23:14 pm »

I'd much rather have fun when young, and die in my 50's/60's. What's the point in living if you're bored? I hate boredom. Why would anyone want to live their whole life bored? Am I a hippie? Nah. But I don't think anything is wrong with being a hippie. Hippies are people who are in search of enlightenment, and treasure the earth, and well-being of others. There's nothing wrong with that, and it's probably better if all of the world leaders were hippies, because then there wouldn't be innocent people dying because some scumbag decided he'd send his army to a country just because he wants more money. And usually hippies tend to hitchhike because they don't believe in the concept of money. Well, hmm... I take it back. Maybe I am kind of a hippie. But I don't care. I don't look like a hippie (their clothes are retarded looking) :).

Edit: Also, I don't really mess with psychedelics much. Except for Salvia, which I've tried once (didn't have too much effect). And I'm currently growing mushrooms, but all in all, it doesn't really matter. I'm mostly doing the mushroom thing because I've always wondered how it would be to hallucinate, and have my perception of reality changed completely (don't worry, I've done research, and mushrooms are very safe as well. Alcohol still beats mushrooms in a sense of dangerousness by at least 10 fold.)

You know what, I just realized now that I do share the same ideas that a lot of the hippies back in the 60's did. Interesting. But I am a computer guy, and hippies would probably disapprove of it!
Hippies are tree hugging good for nothing scumbags that complain about the system, but instead of trying to change that, or even contribute to society, they're just drug addicts that bum whatever they can from anyone and everyone.
Edit:
Really though, would you rather have fun when you're young and die in your 50s/60s, or be bored when you're both young and old? If you ask me, it's all personal preference.
Does there have to be a trade-off?  I choose being healthy, living a long time, and having fun.  That sounds like the best choice to me.

I've tried both lifestyles, and have found occasionally drinking/smoking to be more enjoyable.

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2007, 04:48:45 pm »
...(don't worry, I've done research, and mushrooms are very safe as well. Alcohol still beats mushrooms in a sense of dangerousness by at least 10 fold.)

As someone who regularly does "real" research, (the kind that gets published in academic journals), I think you should go talk to a doctor about your smoking and this new mushroom project rather than trolling the internet and coming up with ridiculous estimates like that.  Don't presume that you know more than your physician - it's arrogant and unwise.  I skimmed through a few of the links you posted, (mostly from the sources I recognized as being at least mildly credible, e.g. BBC), and they were filled with disclaimers such as "however, we absolutely do not want readers to take this as a suggestion to smoke marijuana or that smoking would be beneficial to your health."  I am not going to continue this discussion with you, because I've come to the conclusion that it's pointless.  You're too weak to change, or you'll have to learn the hard way (I would have thought the "hard way" had already happened, but apparently not for you).  Good luck doing whatever you do.  If you want to ignore legitimate concerns ,then that's your responsibility, and I am not going to say any more about it.

Edit:

Chill. I don't think I know more than doctors. But it's true that a lot of doctors (at least the ones around here) are not educated a lot about Cannabis. Cannabis is not very recognized in the world of medicine, but it should be. I already told you that I did not smoke Cannabis before the incident with my blood-clots. So it's not because I "am so addicted that I kept smoking after a life threatening condition." I am psychologically addicted, but I can admit that. I'm not in denial about it. And even though it's a daily thing for me, it's not in mass quantities. Cannabis smoke is not nearly as harmful as tobacco smoke. And yes, I do a lot of research on drugs. I know more about drugs than most people do. Tell a doctor about my grow operation? Are you an idiot? That will get me busted. Like I said, just because something is illegal does not mean it is bad. Mushrooms can really make you trip hard, but they are not very bad for your health, as tryptamine alkaloids (active ingredient in psilocybe cubensis mushrooms) are not physically addictive. Alcohol is still worse than psilocybin, and it's legal and remains the most abused legal drug in the world. It accounts for a lot of violence and death in the U.S.. And no, I am not trolling here, and making ridiculous estimates of anything. Also, you say I'm too weak to change. Why would I need to change. It really has not effected me in a bad way at all. It has only been beneficial to my life. Sorry that you don't understand this.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:50:34 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2007, 07:39:52 pm »
*Sigh*.  You're making a bunch of serious errors in your reasoning.  Why would you have to tell a doctor that you have a grow-op in order to ask him about how it would affect you to eat poisonous mushrooms? You also say that mushrooms are not bad for your health because the active ingredient isn't addictive.  Cyanide isn't addictive, do you think it is neutral for your health?  Can you find me an academic journal that says mushrooms are 10 times safer than alcohol? 

And Metal, I don't think occasional drinking is going to mean that you will die in your 50s or 60s, and I think it's possible to have an exciting life without using drugs.  That is not so for you?  That sucks.

c0n, I'm done discussing this with you.  You have shown to me through repeated mistakes in your reasoning that it's extremely dangerous for you to declare yourself an authority and take initiative based solely on your own internet research.  Of course, it would be silly for anyone to do this.

Anyways, WHATEVER.  If you want to sabotage your life (given your condition) then do so.  As I already said, I don't want to discuss it any longer so I don't know why you keep replying.

Keep thinking:
Something isn't addictive -->  It isn't harmful
Something is being pushed to be legal --> It isn't harmful
I ask for advice from a physician about drugs --> I must reveal my illegal operations

:(

Could a mod lock this thread please?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 07:43:07 pm by Rule »

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2007, 08:28:35 pm »
*Sigh*.  You're making a bunch of serious errors in your reasoning.  Why would you have to tell a doctor that you have a grow-op in order to ask him about how it would affect you to eat poisonous mushrooms? You also say that mushrooms are not bad for your health because the active ingredient isn't addictive.  Cyanide isn't addictive, do you think it is neutral for your health?  Can you find me an academic journal that says mushrooms are 10 times safer than alcohol? 

And Metal, I don't think occasional drinking is going to mean that you will die in your 50s or 60s, and I think it's possible to have an exciting life without using drugs.  That is not so for you?  That sucks.

c0n, I'm done discussing this with you.  You have shown to me through repeated mistakes in your reasoning that it's extremely dangerous for you to declare yourself an authority and take initiative based solely on your own internet research.  Of course, it would be silly for anyone to do this.

Anyways, WHATEVER.  If you want to sabotage your life (given your condition) then do so.  As I already said, I don't want to discuss it any longer so I don't know why you keep replying.

Keep thinking:
Something isn't addictive -->  It isn't harmful
Something is being pushed to be legal --> It isn't harmful
I ask for advice from a physician about drugs --> I must reveal my illegal operations

:(

Could a mod lock this thread please?

I read your post and you told me that I should tell a physician about it. Let me quote you: "As someone who regularly does "real" research, (the kind that gets published in academic journals), I think you should go talk to a doctor about your smoking and this new mushroom project rather than trolling the internet and coming up with ridiculous estimates like that. " You told me to tell a physician about the mushrooms project. And you are making assumptions. I am not saying that just because it isn't addictive that it isn't harmful. Nothing is completely harmless. You are misunderstanding a lot of what I say, and I think you are purposely trying to pick out my errors and use them against me. I don't like you, and I think you need to worry about yourself. You act as if your logic is perfect. You're just another straight-edge who acts as if smoking weed is bad. Give me a break, pal. What would I be declaring myself an authory of? I know a lot about drugs, even ones I do not do, and do not plan to ever use. You can have fun without drugs, and I do have fun without drugs too. I don't only use Cannabis to spice up the day. In fact, I often hang out with friends while sober. You also just called Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms poisonous, which is not true by any means whatsoever. In fact, it is nearly impossible to overdose on psilocybin. I have not sabotaged my life by using Cannabis as a sleep aid and recreational drug. You're gravely mistaken in this, because you do not know me whatsoever. I work full-time, and I go to college. Now tell me, other than "oh your lungs are going to fail because you are putting smoke in them", how it could possibly ruin my life. Why don't you try smoking pot once? Usually it's ignorant fucks like you who judge it without knowing exactly how it is. Unless I am wrong, and you have tried it. If you have, then I doubt you've done it much. You're just a newb, and you won't ever understand that it's not a very harmful drug (I'm willing to say that it's the safest psychoactive substance in the world).

I will never ask a physician about it, why should I? There's absolutely no reason to. I know how it affects me. Also, no, I cannot find an academic journal that says psilocybin mushrooms are 10x safer than alcohol. It was a bit of an exaggeration, but people who are intoxicated from alcohol do much more retarded things than people who are tripping on psilocybin.

Let me ask you, do you argue with everyone about everything? You seem like the kind of person who tries to prove everyone wrong on just about everything. I think you need to lighten up a bit, and stop being to up-tight. Also, you say that you have fun without drugs. No you don't. Endorphins are drugs too. When you're happy, that is caused by drugs, aka: seratonin/dopamine. Your moods are controlled by lack of or an abundance of naturally occuring drugs in your body. In fact, your body naturally produces endorphins which are much like the cannabinoids found in Cannabis. Cannabis is not very harmful. If you have a problem with me, without knowing me at all, then keep it to yourself. I will live my life the way I want. You can live your life Cannabis-free, or alcohol-free, or whatever. Nobody cares that you're a straight-edge asshole who likes to nitpick errors out of people's typing over the internet. Do you think I care that I made logical errors in my typing? I couldn't give one fuck. It's the Internet. If my typing can at least pass my point to you, that's all that matters. I really hate people like you, who go around talking about how someone has "serious errors in their reasoning." If you don't like it, then shut up and don't talk. I don't know you, and you don't know me. But from what I see, you are an up-tight fuck.

Cannabis and psilocybin mushrooms have been used for thousands of years, and for many reasons. Both of them should at least be decriminalized, if not legalized.

Do you drink alcohol, Rule? Answer it truthfully.

Also, realize that you are the one who started this whole retarded argument up, by trying to put me down because I smoke weed with my lung condition; which, by the way, had nothing to do with the initial point of this thread.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 08:43:03 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2007, 09:51:43 pm »
Rule, concidering you went off topic, I don't think you should have a say in telling people to lock it.

Any how, if you read something you don't agree with (smoking, getting married at a young age, not being a jerk-off), ignore it. I really doubt that people care enough about what you say to change their minds. I mean, if that's the core of the topic, be my guest, post to your hearts content. But, don't go off topic and tell people they're wrong. Don't tell them that you, in your ivory tower, don't agree.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2007, 12:01:04 am »
Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit when I said 50's or 60's. I expect my occasional drug usage to drop a year or 2 of my life at most. I also never said it was impossible to have an excited life without occasional drug use, yet that it enhances it.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2007, 12:23:58 am »

In that case, we should move every topic that you post in into your forum for the same reason.  :D

I'm not even sure quite what you mean. I'm going to guess you mean Jesus-Related stuff, which most of what I post outside my forum isn't.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2007, 12:33:17 am »

I'm not even sure quite what you mean. I'm going to guess you mean Jesus-Related stuff, which most of what I post outside my forum isn't.
I was saying I don't like reading topics that you post in. The :D meant I was joking.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:45 am »
Any how, if you read something you don't agree with (smoking, getting married at a young age, not being a jerk-off), ignore it.

Super: Aren't you being extremely hypocritical by giving me the above quoted advice?  I hope your brain doesn't explode now.  (I'll explain this now and save myself the trouble for later, because I think it's safe to assume you won't get it.  By telling me to ignore things I don't agree with, you have not only voiced your opinion that you don't agree with me, but you have ordered me to ignore it when I don't agree with someone, and hence, you have blatantly gone against your own instructions, and not ignored that you disagree with me not ignoring issues I take issue against or am concerned with).

And c0n, I'm done talking about this with you.  Your aptitude for consistently misunderstanding and misinterpreting in combination with your inability to justify a proposition logically and indifference to rigorous thinking is a recipe for an endless, frustrating, and unproductive discussion.  Goodbye.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:39:30 am by Rule »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2007, 04:34:46 am »
Any how, if you read something you don't agree with (smoking, getting married at a young age, not being a jerk-off), ignore it.

Super: Aren't you being extremely hypocritical by giving me the above quoted advice?  I hope your brain doesn't explode now.  (I'll explain this now and save myself the trouble for later, because I think it's safe to assume you won't get it.  By telling me to ignore things I don't agree with, you have not only voiced your opinion that you don't agree with me, but you have ordered me to ignore it when I don't agree with someone, and hence, you have blatantly gone against your own instructions, and not ignored that you disagree with me not ignoring issues I take issue against or am concerned with).

And c0n, I'm done talking about this with you.  Your aptitude for consistently misunderstanding and misinterpreting in combination with your inability to justify a proposition logically and indifference to rigorous thinking is a recipe for an endless, frustrating, and unproductive discussion.  Goodbye.
I thought that you'd be intelligent enough to realize that I was quoted and talked to in this topic, making it my area to tell you this. I realized that I was almost being hyprocritical, but I also realized that I was discussing the topic at hand, and not going off on a tangent after taking some of what you said and telling you you're dumb for doing or believing it.

Any how, if you'd read my whole post and used it all in referance to what you're saying you'd understand that I wasn't being that hypocritical at all.
You can make any one seem like an idiot by breaking their single points into thoughtless phrases, and it really doesn't help you argue well if you can't address the whole thought.