Author Topic: The Wierdest Thing You Will Ever Hear Me Ask  (Read 17260 times)

trust

Re: The Wierdest Thing You Will Ever Hear Me Ask
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2007, 05:05:39 pm »
Trust, not all guys need to put up a front to get laid, and it is definitely not proven to be instinctive. We are not wild animals, not even in the heat of passion. Unless you hold some degree in Sociology or something of that nature, how can you possibly assert that males are only driven by their dick?

While it's true that I didn't retain much from AP Biology last year, I do remember being taught that the need to reproduce is the driving force of any species. Many different animals go through elaborate courtship ceremonies to woo either the male or female into procreating with them. This is no different in our species, and is done through physical appearance (clothing, hair, etc.) and temporarily altering ones personality (pretending to like something, being in that initial "love bug" stage where everything is perfect, etc.). If it comes down to either getting laid by telling someone you love them, or not getting laid by remaining silent...we're instinctively going to say we love them, even if it's not true...because it's what is required of us to continue our species. While you may argue that you aren't a wild animal and don't have these urges, it's not true...it's still something that we think about on the subconscious level. And even though most of us are having sex with the idea of pleasure in mind and not reproduction, the biological part of us doesn't think that way.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2007, 05:20:39 pm »
I did not mean that we do not have instinctual urges, but rather in many people, our evolved logic and intelligence can dominate it. At least, that is the case for me.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2007, 05:24:22 pm »
Trust, not all guys need to put up a front to get laid, and it is definitely not proven to be instinctive. We are not wild animals, not even in the heat of passion. Unless you hold some degree in Sociology or something of that nature, how can you possibly assert that males are only driven by their dick?

While it's true that I didn't retain much from AP Biology last year, I do remember being taught that the need to reproduce is the driving force of any species. Many different animals go through elaborate courtship ceremonies to woo either the male or female into procreating with them. This is no different in our species, and is done through physical appearance (clothing, hair, etc.) and temporarily altering ones personality (pretending to like something, being in that initial "love bug" stage where everything is perfect, etc.). If it comes down to either getting laid by telling someone you love them, or not getting laid by remaining silent...we're instinctively going to say we love them, even if it's not true...because it's what is required of us to continue our species. While you may argue that you aren't a wild animal and don't have these urges, it's not true...it's still something that we think about on the subconscious level. And even though most of us are having sex with the idea of pleasure in mind and not reproduction, the biological part of us doesn't think that way.

It's really the fact that people can and do resist the urge to rip off their clothes and engage in steamy-hot sex in a phone booth with a gorgeous looking woman (or man, if that's what you're into) that sets us apart from all other species.  That, and we have the thought capacity to weigh out the various consequences that could come as a result of giving into "the urge".
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 05:42:15 pm »
I did not mean that we do not have instinctual urges, but rather in many people, our evolved logic and intelligence can dominate it. At least, that is the case for me.
maybe most people arent as ub3r 1337 as you...

trust

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2007, 06:08:03 pm »

I'm willing to bet that societal boundaries play more of a role in suppressing instinct than evolved logic and intelligence.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 06:13:05 pm »

I'm willing to bet that societal boundaries play more of a role in suppressing instinct than evolved logic and intelligence.

Aren't societal boundaries a product of logic and intelligence?
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 06:19:21 pm »
maybe most people arent as ub3r 1337 as you...
Sorry, I think I worded it incorrectly. As humans, we, as Explicit said, are able to judge the consequences of our actions and act appropriately. I said that's how it is specifically for me as not to generalize.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 06:38:51 pm »
but seriously, not all people are as logical as the next.

I have friends purposefully & knowing drink until they cant stand...get sick...and do it all over again the next night.
My ex purposefully & knowingly got drunk to the point to where (she knew beforehand) she couldnt control herself & went and cheated on me...then didnt tell me...then lied to my face...then continued to 'toy' with my emotions.

Logic isn't always (or even mostly I'd say) the prevailing factor in why people do things.

trust

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2007, 07:07:35 pm »

I think that could be argued, but in any case it doesn't remove the subconscious playing a role in decision making.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2007, 11:48:27 pm »
but seriously, not all people are as logical as the next.

I have friends purposefully & knowing drink until they cant stand...get sick...and do it all over again the next night.
My ex purposefully & knowingly got drunk to the point to where (she knew beforehand) she couldnt control herself & went and cheated on me...then didnt tell me...then lied to my face...then continued to 'toy' with my emotions.

Logic isn't always (or even mostly I'd say) the prevailing factor in why people do things.

It's not so much the fact that they aren't as "logical" as the next person, but more that they are actually fully capable of thinking logically.  If someone is mentally unstable, then that I can understand, but otherwise, it's no excuse.

I think that could be argued, but in any case it doesn't remove the subconscious playing a role in decision making.

It doesn't have to remove the subconscious.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2007, 12:31:49 am »
Sorry it took me so long to respond. :) Been playing so much WoW lately, I completely forgot I even wrote this post... Amazing.

Anyways, thank you all a lot for your opinions. I haven't gotten to read all of them completely yet, but I've sort of gotten the jist of it all. Right now, it's still pretty hard, but, the fact that I know some people still care about me, and that he's probably just being a typical guy -- and not the perfect being I thought he was -- makes it a lot easier to get over him. It's amazing how a bunch of nerds can make me feel better all at once. How cute.

If anything, this was a learning experience for me, to not put all my eggs in one basket.  I was out of school for three weeks because of how physically sick I became over the stress from this.. Something that shouldn't happen normally and makes me feel pretty stupid for. The guy was amazing, but only in that he was so much better than anything I've ever had. He raised my standards. Now, I know what to expect, and what to look for a lot more. Even if it doesn't feel that way now, I came out better than I went in. No matter how amazing he was, there's someone more amazing out there.

All you guys should remember that in the future, I guess. Cept, the other way around... Yeah. Girl guy-guy girl thing. Whatever. I'm going to stop talking.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 01:53:13 am »
hope you work stuff out best for you

you seem like a cool chick, and look pretty damned cuyte as i recall from poictures.....
....yeah, after i found out my exbitch fucking cheated on me i became physically sick for a week or some, so lame.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2007, 12:40:31 pm »

you seem like a cool chick, and look pretty damned cuyte as i recall from poictures.....
....yeah, after i found out my exbitch fucking cheated on me i became physically sick for a week or some, so lame.

When you let someone like that control your emotions as you did CrAz3D thats when stuff gets unhealthy and I am not surpised that you did get sick over some stupid bitch. Realtionships in my book are just a compelte waste of time and effort. After the fucking what else is their to look forward too?
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2007, 12:49:37 pm »

When you let someone like that control your emotions as you did CrAz3D thats when stuff gets unhealthy and I am not surpised that you did get sick over some stupid bitch. Realtionships in my book are just a compelte waste of time and effort. After the fucking what else is their to look forward too?
For one, there's more sex. And if you actually find a woman that's cool, you'll have conversation.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2007, 01:19:44 pm »

For one, there's more sex. And if you actually find a woman that's cool, you'll have conversation.

+1

-or-

/signed
as Zero would say :P
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.