Author Topic: Borat  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: Borat
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 04:40:41 pm »
I saw it for free... and in a theater :P . I found it worth the money by far. I found it funny, but still disappointing, but worth my time by far.

It was worth the $ 0 you paid?
Yes

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 07:34:36 pm »
I saw it, I didn't think it was funny, it sort of seemed like botched jokes in the sence it wasn't funny, and I wasn't offended or anything, it just wasn't funny.

The best parts were the "running of the jew," the icecream truck + bear, and the end, where they where christans and and the jew on the cross.

trust

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 05:00:55 pm »
Well I bought it on DVD on Wednesday, watched it and thought it was funny but some parts weren't as funny. Still one of my favorites.

I watched it for a third time last night. Here's a tip: It's not a movie to watch if you've done anything to intoxicate yourself, I thought it'd be hilarious but it was just kind of stupid and I couldn't concentrate on it. A funny movie when sober though.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 05:41:25 pm »
Once I watched it, I thought the only scene making the movie worth watching was the Pamela Anderson scene near the end, yet after I heard it was staged, it ruined the movie for me.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 06:00:01 pm »
I haven't seen it yet, but I've really wanted to. Just haven't gotten to it yet. Trust, I can see what you mean about being intoxicated and not being able to pay attention to movies.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 07:15:31 pm »
Once I watched it, I thought the only scene making the movie worth watching was the Pamela Anderson scene near the end, yet after I heard it was staged, it ruined the movie for me.
Yeah, the actor and Pamela are known to be friends, so it had to be staged.

I missed most of that scene because I went to the washroom. I was rather bored, and I thought there might be a lot left.

trust

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 08:25:57 pm »
From what I've read Pamela knew something was going to happen, but not the specifics. The majority of the movie isn't staged and he actually had the police called on him multiple times.

I haven't seen it yet, but I've really wanted to. Just haven't gotten to it yet. Trust, I can see what you mean about being intoxicated and not being able to pay attention to movies.

Yeah, we were either going to watch that or the Matrix. I thought Borat was just going to be the most hilarious thing ever, but it wasn't. My buddy was concentrating hard on it though but I just couldn't, and I eventually fell asleep. I woke to the sound of the pizza man knocking on the door, which scared the fuck out of me. Then I'm blitzed out of my mind trying to find my wallet and I have no clue where it is. By then the movie was ending so I missed the Pamela part. Oh well.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 08:36:55 pm by OG Trust »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 08:53:15 pm »
I thought the movie was horible. I thought that there were only about three good parts. I enjoyed the bear in the ice cream truck, the running of the jew, the "War of terror" part, and, I thought the nailing the jew to the cross at the end was funny. That's really it. And 5~ minutes of comedy in a hour and a half film, it wasn't worth it.

(The 1pt things might be concidered spoilers. So, I shrank them.)

trust

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 08:59:05 pm »
Do you like racial/politically incorrect humor generally?

I loved everything from vanilla face to the neighbor only having an iPod mini, which everybody knows is for girls. I guess I just like insulting humor though.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 01:46:11 am »
Do you like racial/politically incorrect humor generally?

I loved everything from vanilla face to the neighbor only having an iPod mini, which everybody knows is for girls. I guess I just like insulting humor though.
Usually I love not-P.C. humor, I love offensive jokes, I just didn't see anything funny in that. It had bad timing, it wasn't even very sterotypical. The whole thing was dumb, in my humble opinion. It seemed like sencless random jokes that didn't even have a punch line, or a good subject. Thw jokes were like Joe's stories.