Author Topic: Virginia Tech Shooting  (Read 15442 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Virginia Tech Shooting
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2007, 07:40:13 pm »
...I guess in 05 dude was declared "danger to society"

anyone seen this?

my bud is saying that it was declared by court, so it wasnt able to be held against him or something?
maybe dude SHOULD'VE been locked up a while ago!

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2007, 08:54:23 pm »
his parents, better than anyone, should've known he was unstable and should've gotten him help...not lock him up

How would they know that he's unstable?  He writes screwy scripts... so what?  That doesn't mean that he's going to go on a rampage.

I totally agree with iago on this one... there's little that could have been done.  It's sickeningly tragic, but it's just the way things are.
See, the thing that I don't really understand about that is like, "Hamlet," written by the grandfather of the modern english language, had the same concept. When I read that kid's play, that's all I could think of, the paralels between that and Hamlet. I mean, it's creepy yes, but if we didn't lock up Shakespeare, why lock up this kid?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2007, 09:37:39 am »
his parents, better than anyone, should've known he was unstable and should've gotten him help...not lock him up

How would they know that he's unstable?  He writes screwy scripts... so what?  That doesn't mean that he's going to go on a rampage.

I totally agree with iago on this one... there's little that could have been done.  It's sickeningly tragic, but it's just the way things are.
See, the thing that I don't really understand about that is like, "Hamlet," written by the grandfather of the modern english language, had the same concept. When I read that kid's play, that's all I could think of, the paralels between that and Hamlet. I mean, it's creepy yes, but if we didn't lock up Shakespeare, why lock up this kid?
because of ...
...I guess in 05 dude was declared "danger to society"

anyone seen this?

my bud is saying that it was declared by court, so it wasnt able to be held against him or something?
maybe dude SHOULD'VE been locked up a while ago!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2007, 05:46:35 pm »
So you heard from someone who heard from someone who may have read somewhere that he was declared dangerous by some court. That's fantastic! I don't see how anybody can cast a doubt on that!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2007, 07:14:03 pm »
...thats why I asked about it...
...today I heard that the court only declared kid danger to self ::)
who knows at this point

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile