Author Topic: Virginia Tech Shooting  (Read 19637 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Virginia Tech Shooting
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2007, 12:07:23 pm »
And incidentally, if it took professional police/sharp shooters 2 hours to bring him down, do you really think untrained (or less-trained) civilians would have had more luck? There's a good chance that they'd injure somebody else or get themselves killed if they'd tried.
...where did you read/hear that?
All day I heard that he took his own life in Norris Hall after chaining the doors shut and killing most people in there.
Sorry, I worded that wrong. It was 7 in the morning!

What I meant was, police (ie, trained professionals) were involved, and he was still running around for 2 hours.

If this had happened in a shopping mall where people were armed, do you really think less people would have been injured/killed? I think if somebody else had pulled out a gun, it would have been mass chaos, with people being caught in the cross-fire, people who didn't know who the real "bad guy" was, etc.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2007, 01:53:23 pm »
Yeah, the cops sucked at making sure everything went down correctly. but hindsigh is 20/20

Assuming that only a few of the persons (if that many) were armed, the "friendly fire" injuries would be minimal.
If EVERYONE was armed, then the likely hood that the attack would happen would most likely decrease, and even if it did still occur, then once the gunman was down he wouldn't've been able to shoot-to-kill random people.
It seems reasonable that once the gunman was stopped then the shooting would stop.  And more likely than not, stray bullets from good samaritans would cause fewer fatal injuries than a man aiming to kill everyone he can.

...as it stands now, weapons are ok for legal adults on the streets, weapons are available to ALL criminals anywhere...why not allow students to carry is they so choose?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 02:12:46 pm »
Liviu Librescu ... wow.
Survived Holocaust, escaped Iron Curtain to the US, and tried to protect students from this crazy shooter dude.
This man has lived one HELL of a life
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:16:09 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 02:43:59 pm »
So why can't highschool students carry guns? By your logic (..), it would make schools safer.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 02:47:49 pm »
So why can't highschool students carry guns? By your logic (..), it would make schools safer.
why cant 8 year olds vote?
...society has created a point at which it deems a person can handle certain responsibilities and what not.

In NM you must be 21 to have a CCW license, 18 to buy a rifle/bullets, and I think 19 for handgun/bullets.
So long as you meet society's standards you should be able to function as a citizen.

Some highschool students might meet the requirement for carrying a weapon, most dont.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 05:52:47 pm »
...society has created a point at which it deems a person can handle certain responsibilities and what not.
Yeah, as proven by a guy (over 18) who killed 32 people a couple days ago. Apparently the age cut-off is flawed.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2007, 06:05:51 pm »
...he was a criminal who had weapons with serial numbers scraped off...so quite possible & probably those were illegal obtained weapons.

trust

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 06:08:34 pm »
I definitely disagree with handguns being ALLOWED on campus, definitely too many highly stressed out kids high on caffeine and lacking sleep.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 06:30:17 pm »
...he was a criminal who had weapons with serial numbers scraped off...so quite possible & probably those were illegal obtained weapons.
scratch that, this weird ass kid bought the 9mm for $600 1 month ago straight out

even then, he is the rare occurrence of a school shooter & I'd guess that an even more rare shooter that obtained his gun(s?) legally.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 07:38:15 pm »

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 07:48:51 pm »
I was looking at that earlier Killer. the guy looks totally scary and unAsian like

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2007, 07:50:02 pm »
he's a S Korean I read...
...they seem to be crazy!

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2007, 07:50:40 pm »
Yeah, as proven by a guy (over 18) who killed 32 people a couple days ago. Apparently the age cut-off is flawed.

You can't judge the entire population (of 18 year olds) by one (or even a couple) person.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2007, 07:50:49 pm »
south i thought he was north? let me check again

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2007, 07:52:45 pm »
south i thought he was north? let me check again
he came over in 92, the Northerners cant leave...???