Author Topic: Virginia Tech Shooting  (Read 19629 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Virginia Tech Shooting
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »
Yeah, as long as you want to allow people to be free, you have to accept that some people may use the freedom to do horrible things. That's life!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2007, 11:03:40 pm »
his parents, better than anyone, should've known he was unstable and should've gotten him help...not lock him up

How would they know that he's unstable?  He writes screwy scripts... so what?  That doesn't mean that he's going to go on a rampage.

I totally agree with iago on this one... there's little that could have been done.  It's sickeningly tragic, but it's just the way things are.
news reported that they thought he was suicidal

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2007, 11:08:32 pm »
Kids at his school also said that they would not be surprised if he did go on a rampage.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2007, 11:10:06 pm »
Kids at his school also said that they would not be surprised if he did go on a rampage.
friend saw an interview w/teacher of seung.
teacher said that she couldnt leave room of students while he was there because they were afraid of him.  they wouldnt enter class if he was the first one there.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2007, 11:40:59 pm »
... so? Lots of people are suicidal. What do you suggest, we line them up in front of a ditch and shoot them?

If we expect to have the freedom to live our own lives, we have to allow others that same privilege (right?). If my parents both die tomorrow, and I'm suicidal (note that I also read macabre literature), I don't want people locking me up.

I'm sure that's said about a lot of people. Hindsight is 20:20 -- again, without locking up people randomly, there's nothing that could prevent it.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2007, 11:49:03 pm »
... so? Lots of people are suicidal. What do you suggest, we line them up in front of a ditch and shoot them?

If we expect to have the freedom to live our own lives, we have to allow others that same privilege (right?). If my parents both die tomorrow, and I'm suicidal (note that I also read macabre literature), I don't want people locking me up.

I'm sure that's said about a lot of people. Hindsight is 20:20 -- again, without locking up people randomly, there's nothing that could prevent it.
his parents, better than anyone, should've known he was unstable and should've gotten him help...not lock him up

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2007, 12:18:03 am »

And if he refused? Then lock him up?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2007, 12:27:23 am »
I've written some pretty fucked up shit. Doesn't mean I'm gonna shoot up a school any time soon.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2007, 02:00:55 am »
I've written some pretty fucked up shit. Doesn't mean I'm gonna shoot up a school any time soon.
Well, I wouldn't go *that* far. :P

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2007, 07:55:51 am »
The kid wanted to be Gangsta Jesus:
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm??g=0158bd35-c228-40ed-b9c4-1782b256f1fe&f=00&fg=copy&

It doesn't work in Firefox because MS is stupid.

trust

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2007, 08:06:41 am »
It works in Firefox for me, you just suck.

And that video is fucked up. It sounds to me like he was pretty jealous of his classmates.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2007, 08:11:47 am »
He hated rich people.....and blacks.  And whites.  Also, Mexicans, Native Americans, Indian, Europeans, other Asians, and just about everyone who wasn't him.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2007, 01:52:17 pm »
He shrouded himself in a delusional world... wow, what a nutcase.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2007, 01:57:37 pm »

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2007, 02:16:57 pm »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org