Author Topic: New MMO from Blizzard?  (Read 13626 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: New MMO from Blizzard?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2007, 10:07:04 am »
No.  Heroes should not appear in an RTS at all, except in campaign mode where they are usually a mission.

<3

I hate heroes.
Agreed. It's an awful television show.

haha! But seriously, that's one of the main reasons I didn't like War3 (besides the 3d aspect.. I never liked that in RTS). I can't really explain why, but I just think that they add too much complication.

Starcraft heroes are the way to go, in my opinion. Characters that are important to the campaign that follow you through.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2007, 07:31:51 pm »
(besides the 3d aspect.. I never liked that in RTS)

Well, at least I'm not alone in that part either. I think that the UI and how you interact with a game are the single most important part of making a good game, as that's usually why I end up not enjoying games. For example, I've always liked the games in the command an conquer seiries, I started playing the first game in 1995 when I was like seven... I like all of them up through red alert 2, but since C&C generals and now C&C 3 came out, I haven't been able to really enjoy them. It's not that they're bad games, but I just hate the UI and the 3D look/feel that it's enough to keep me from enjoying it. And it's not just RTS games either... the Fallout games are some of my favorite games of all time, but one of the reasons I like it so much is because of how the game feels to play it, it's just something I've never found in another game. So yeah, I'm not sure if I would be able to play a 3D starcaft and enjoy it like the other one, or a 3d diablo type game for that matter.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2007, 07:38:14 pm »
Warcraft 3 was done well, if a Starcraft RTS is like that I'd play it.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2007, 08:10:10 pm »
(besides the 3d aspect.. I never liked that in RTS)

Well, at least I'm not alone in that part either. I think that the UI and how you interact with a game are the single most important part of making a good game, as that's usually why I end up not enjoying games. For example, I've always liked the games in the command an conquer seiries, I started playing the first game in 1995 when I was like seven... I like all of them up through red alert 2, but since C&C generals and now C&C 3 came out, I haven't been able to really enjoy them. It's not that they're bad games, but I just hate the UI and the 3D look/feel that it's enough to keep me from enjoying it. And it's not just RTS games either... the Fallout games are some of my favorite games of all time, but one of the reasons I like it so much is because of how the game feels to play it, it's just something I've never found in another game. So yeah, I'm not sure if I would be able to play a 3D starcaft and enjoy it like the other one, or a 3d diablo type game for that matter.
100% agreed. I think a 3D RTS can be done, but will be hard to achieve.
Hitmen: art is gay