Author Topic: New MMO from Blizzard?  (Read 13683 times)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: New MMO from Blizzard?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 11:30:45 pm »
There is good speculation from people at wowwiki.

"There is good speculation"...
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=define%3Aspeculation  (Google define: speculation)
Results: guess.

So, it is a good guess that "the next expansion will include the Naga homeworld at the Maelstorm and we fight Queen Azshara" ?  Seems more like some wishful thinking to me.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 11:46:13 pm »
I want to guess the next expansion will include the Emerald Dream World, mostly because I remember looking through the textures of WoW, and the Emerald Dream World was the next most developed area.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 11:55:20 pm »
Oh, the Emerald Dream has been done for at least 6 major patches... textures/developed wise.  Just needs NPCs/stuff to do.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2007, 01:50:38 pm »
I want to guess the next expansion will include the Emerald Dream World, mostly because I remember looking through the textures of WoW, and the Emerald Dream World was the next most developed area.

Thats going to be patched.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2007, 12:41:15 am »
Guild Wars is a horrible game. I played it for a bit, and thought it was too much like Diablo 2. It's horrible!

I hope it turns out to be Starcraft 2, or something. That would be great!

Or I've even thought that a Starcraft FPS would be really cool, too. Something like Battlefield 1942, but with Starcraft, and on different planets, etc. And along with it being a first person shooter, it should be an MMO at the same time. Wars going on in real time, all on the same server, and in a vast world/universe. MMOFPS.

It wouldn't be like "oh dude, let's go create a melee game!" It would be like, "hey, let's go over to that one clan and shoot them up." Like to make a clan, you'd have your own piece of land, and a building that you could go into... kind of like a channel. Except this would all be in-world, like WoW. Personally I think that would be the coolest game ever. They'd get my money if they made a game like that.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:46:47 am by cheeseisfun »

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2007, 10:55:18 am »
Guild Wars is a horrible game. I played it for a bit, and thought it was too much like Diablo 2. It's horrible!

Or I've even thought that a Starcraft FPS would be really cool, too. Something like Battlefield 1942, but with Starcraft, and on different planets, etc. And along with it being a first person shooter, it should be an MMO at the same time. Wars going on in real time, all on the same server, and in a vast world/universe. MMOFPS.

It wouldn't be like "oh dude, let's go create a melee game!" It would be like, "hey, let's go over to that one clan and shoot them up." Like to make a clan, you'd have your own piece of land, and a building that you could go into... kind of like a channel. Except this would all be in-world, like WoW. Personally I think that would be the coolest game ever. They'd get my money if they made a game like that.

+1

That shit would be hot.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2007, 11:31:05 am »

+1

That shit would be hot.
QFT

I think OGame is a RTT(text based) MMO, but I don't actually play it so I am not sure.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2007, 12:53:12 pm »
Eh, that sounds like it'd be impossible for the casual gamer to have a good time...
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2007, 02:38:36 pm »
Eh, that sounds like it'd be impossible for the casual gamer to have a good time...
Agreed. That would only work well if either a) You were online (or on-call, with a pager) 24/7, or b) If there were assigned times when everybody can play (has to play, even).

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2007, 06:30:52 pm »
Agreed. That would only work well if either a) You were online (or on-call, with a pager) 24/7, or b) If there were assigned times when everybody can play (has to play, even).

They could set up differnt time zones and have Netural places that you can go upgrade your weapon and buy more ammo at. But that be too much like an MMORPG and not FPS.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2007, 06:35:10 pm »
It'd be an MMOFPS. The concept of an MMOFPS is good, it's just lacking proper implementation.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2007, 12:18:21 pm »
It would be cool if they made something like a combination of rts and fps.  Like how war3 had way more usage of heros, maybe they could do the same with sc2.  You could switch between playing like a normal rts or build a hero and go into first person mode.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2007, 07:59:33 pm »
No.  Heroes should not appear in an RTS at all, except in campaign mode where they are usually a mission.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2007, 10:00:25 pm »
Why not?  To be honest, I think it makes the game more interesting.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2007, 07:41:50 am »
No.  Heroes should not appear in an RTS at all, except in campaign mode where they are usually a mission.

<3

I hate heroes.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow