Author Topic: Ultima Online Server  (Read 3403 times)

Offline LordVader

• Knowledge is power.
    • View Profile
    • James Moss on the web!
Ultima Online Server
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:47:02 pm »
Anyone interested, a long time friend of mine is running dedicated box to run a UO server(runuo) on.
The shard is in it's infancy still being developed, and will open for testers in a week or so.

I'm doing the general network admin and webstuff for him which is all still in it's infancy as well.
The web is still being built up by me using php and the simplemachines forum + mods/addons to help deliver content when finished.
The webpage is bland/basic at the moment, still building everything up =p
While my friend and other's are doing the majority of the Shard related things.

I realise UO is majorly outdated game, and since the shift to EA alot of people have left the OSI Servers to private servers so there is a larger community now on the free shards.
I have several friends who have always enjoyed UO on both OSI and free shards and have hosted there own off and on over the years which has lead to this server.

The server will only be using the classic character and skill types no samuri/ninja etc..
But will make use of the whole map.

More details will be mapped out as they're known to me, and will be available on the main site and forums.
Anyone willing or wanting to be apart of the test playing pool is welcome to sign up on the forums and request an account, should be open for test players in a week or so.

Main site:
http://www.wastelandsredux.com
Forums:
http://forum.wastelandsredux.com

Server specs:
Dell PowerEdge, Intel 3ghz processor's
2GB Ram
Windows 2003 Server for the OS

I realise that's overkill for a UO Server, but ideally they're wanting to compete with the larger free UO servers.
Which actively have something like 5-6k players online at a time and they're willing to foot the bill so I'm not complaining, it's a good place for me to stretch out my server/network admin skills on heh.