Author Topic: Call for opinions on human life!  (Read 6051 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Call for opinions on human life!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 11:58:55 am »
I don't know much more about iago.  However, I can already say that iago and I match up on at least two social groupings. I try not to toot my own horn frequently, so I'll forego claiming that I'm smart.  However, during the course of this exercise, I can at least assert that this quality is one I would like to have, if I don't already.
Does that answer your question?

Very good post by the way Myndfyre.  Rather very interesting.
It was 7am (in the morning), come on! :P
As opposed to 7am at night? ;)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 01:14:56 am »
(truncated)

I don't think the title of this thread was "Call for passive aggressive personal insults".
Surely you know more about me than the three qualities you listed, and listing "iago" as smart and then going on about how you want to think you are intelligent (which supposedly puts you more in iago's "in group"), and then quietly leaving that attribute off of my description, was just a little over the top.  You try too hard - I'm flattered.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:22:06 am by Rule »

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 01:31:10 am »
I don't think the title of this thread was "Call for passive aggressive explanations for why you don't like me".
Wow....  You think I would write all that just to disparage you?  I think I should have included "self-important" on that list.

Surely you know more about me than the three qualities you listed,
No, I really don't.  I think you're Canadian, but I'm not sure, because I don't remember.  I know you're into math and logic, but beyon that, I don't know whether you're still in school, if you are what your major is/was, etc.  I really don't know that much more about you.

and listing "iago" as smart and then going on about how you want to think you are intelligent (which supposedly puts you more in iago's "in group"),
It doesn't "supposedly" do so - it does.  People assign group membership not only based on the apparent identity, but also on traits they perceive as desireable or undesireable.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 01:34:06 am »
I don't think the title of this thread was "Call for passive aggressive explanations for why you don't like me".
Wow....  You think I would write all that just to disparage you?  I think I should have included "self-important" on that list.

Surely you know more about me than the three qualities you listed,
No, I really don't.  I think you're Canadian, but I'm not sure, because I don't remember.  I know you're into math and logic, but beyon that, I don't know whether you're still in school, if you are what your major is/was, etc.  I really don't know that much more about you.
Having requested to co-moderate a philosophy and science forum with me where my specialization is listed in a sticky post it seems that you should probably know that. 

and listing "iago" as smart and then going on about how you want to think you are intelligent (which supposedly puts you more in iago's "in group"),
It doesn't "supposedly" do so - it does.  People assign group membership not only based on the apparent identity, but also on traits they perceive as desireable or undesireable.

I think you are extremely insecure, and believe that I have all of the intellectual qualities you would so love to have yourself, which is responsible for how sickeningly pedantic you can be and this sort of petty attitude you have towards me.

And yes, I am arrogant towards most people who I think are less thoughtful/intelligent than I am.  I guess that's why you feel a lot of arrogance being projected towards you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 02:07:17 am by Rule »

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 02:31:41 am »
And yes, I am arrogant towards most people who I think are less thoughtful/intelligent than I am.  I guess that's why you feel a lot of arrogance being projected towards you.
Ouch!  Asshole much?
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 02:56:19 am »
Hmm.  I shouldn't have responded to his original post the way I did.  It really rubbed me the wrong way that he would use this as an opportunity to try and get a little passive aggressive jab in at me like that, especially considering how hard I was trying to be receptive, but whatever.  And I am trying to be more humble, because I know I am arrogant and for the most part it doesn't do me good.  I wouldn't advise taking my two previous posts too seriously, but I wouldn't take (any of) Myndfyre's posts in this thread that seriously either for the same reasons.  He could have made his point without referencing me in the way he did, and in fact, I think he and iago have very little in common: they pretty much differ in their opinions and attitudes about everything from politics and general beliefs about life right down to technical preferences like operating systems.  His post basically translated to, "I like iago right now because he wrote an article to discuss something I did" (e.g. stroked his ego), and "I am angry with Rule about our past arguments".

« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:20:01 am by Rule »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 09:06:30 am »
Having requested to co-moderate a philosophy and science forum with me where my specialization is listed in a sticky post it seems that you should probably know that. 
To be honest, I talk to you on a somewhat regular basis, and I don't remember what your major is either. There are a lot of good friends who I forget what their major is.

I think you're reading way too much into Mynd's post, though. :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 10:14:36 am »
Ouch!  Asshole much?
I tend to use the term "douche", but I'm not why I call him a woman washing or a shower(in French)...odd language evolution