Author Topic: Bully gets confronted and the other dude gets punished  (Read 5818 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Bully gets confronted and the other dude gets punished
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 06:16:54 pm »
CrAz3D, you have no idea what these kids go through.  They learn that "beating your family the the way to solve problems, so why not beat other people to solve other problems?"  You were lucky.  These types of kids don't learn stuff like "beating people solves nothing".

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 06:35:53 pm »
CrAz3D, you have no idea what these kids go through.  They learn that "beating your family the the way to solve problems, so why not beat other people to solve other problems?"  You were lucky.  These types of kids don't learn stuff like "beating people solves nothing".
...but that also suggests that they dont have free thought and choice.
Beating people visibly hurts them, they must know that much.  So by continuing the beating they are choosing to participate in the cycle of violence.  It might be easier for someone raised "right" to not beat people senseless, however, it doesn't make it less wrong for someone raised "wrong" to beat.

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 07:09:21 pm »
I now declare this thread a Nature vs. Nurture debate.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 08:10:25 pm »
That can be applied to anything.  You were raised in a Republican environment, so that means you have no free thought or choice.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 11:56:33 pm »
That can be applied to anything.  You were raised in a Republican environment, so that means you have no free thought or choice.
...that would suggest that I have no choice in being a Republican

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 07:14:54 am »
No.  It means despite all common sense you're a Republican.