Author Topic: Bully gets confronted and the other dude gets punished  (Read 5887 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Bully gets confronted and the other dude gets punished
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:21:21 pm »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13349379/detail.html
Saw this on Fark.  While I think that maybe the guy shouldn't've punched the bully, what the hell is with administrations!?
The "if you can't do it, teach it" theory applies in ALMOST every case.  Teachers, as I've seen, are incompetent.

My bullying stories:
I've been picked on all my educational life, less in highschool because I hung out with more people like me.

In 4th grade I snapped twice. 1) some dude (who repeatedly picked on me) shot me with a rubber band outside, I kicked him in the back of the knee. 2) one guy that was a douche punched me, I chased him down, knocked him to the ground & kneed him in the side.

In 7th grade some prick kept taking and breaking my pens & (mechanical) pencils. I told the teacher, she offered me a pencil, WTF woman!? One day he did it and we had a sub. I flipped IN class, jumped the table put the dude in a choke hold and held tight. He stabbed me with the mechanical pencil (ow) so I started beating his head.  He gave me my pencil, I sat down, and the sub did nothing.

All in all, these losers never bothered me again.
...and now, I sorta realize that if you get on my bad side and I finally snap it's gonna be crazy.

Any of you have interesting stories?

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Bully gets confronted and the other dude gets punished
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:40:11 pm »
When I was ~9 there was some kid at camp who was making fun of my cousin Jessica. He then pushed Jessica down. (Attacking a girl, lol.) Then my cousin David came at him and he pushed David down. Then I came at him and pwned him, pushing him down.

In 2nd grade some kid kept on making fun of me on the playground so I chased him down and dove on him, knocking him down, so that he was restrained by me on top. And in front of a girl I had a crush on too ~0~ Nothing ever came of that though...

In 7th grade someone made fun of me for being short so I pretty much owned him by getting him in a headlock and pressing him down to the ground. Then I let him go. He came back at me so I punched him in the forehead, which made him cry. Then a teacher walked in. We both got suspended for a day for fighting.

In middle school I always used to wrestle with my friend, especially on the bus. There were pretty much 3 people who you didn't want to fight with in middle school... and I was one of them, and he was another, and the other was some ~5'9 kid who had mad early hormones and looked like a high-schooler all throughout middle school.

I'm pretty sick at fighting, although I never do it anymore :P I've never really lost a fight. I was the wrestling champ among 3 bunks (like 50 people total) at my camp. I was never a bully though... I just pwned people who tried to bully me or bully others.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:46:12 pm »
Wonder if these punks get picked on at home so they do it to others at school....

I also wonder why teachers are horrible at conflict resolution.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 12:47:28 pm »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13349379/detail.html
Saw this on Fark.  While I think that maybe the guy shouldn't've punched the bully, what the hell is with administrations!?
The "if you can't do it, teach it" theory applies in ALMOST every case.  Teachers, as I've seen, are incompetent.

That information must be inaccurate because if the school ignored death threats against a student then they would get completely fucked in the courts. Bryan's case would be negligible compared to the case on the school.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 12:51:32 pm »
Wonder if these punks get picked on at home so they do it to others at school....

I also wonder why teachers are horrible at conflict resolution.

That's a gross overgeneralization. Furthermore, it wasn't the teachers who failed to resolve the conflict. The teachers reported the fight and did their jobs. It was the administration who failed to deal with the death threats before the fight ocurred.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 12:53:13 pm »
Not sure, some teachers maybe have just brushed the "death threat" thing off as stupid punk kids.

Yeah I know it's a generalization, but from my experience most teachers just try to push off the problems onto the administration which is incompetent as well (generally).

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 01:10:28 pm »
Not sure, some teachers maybe have just brushed the "death threat" thing off as stupid punk kids.

Yeah I know it's a generalization, but from my experience most teachers just try to push off the problems onto the administration which is incompetent as well (generally).

You're speculating.  Teachers would not brush off something as serious as a death threat, because for one, in the event that one of those threats are carried out, the teacher would be held accountable if he/she doesn't report it.  Chances are that they wouldn't want to risk their job (possibly career) over that.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

trust

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 04:15:35 pm »
In fourth grade I had this friend, we were best friends actually...but he really didn't treat me like a friend. He'd always hit me and stuff, it was weird because he'd go from being friendly to not so friendly. One day during P.E. he told me if the teacher hadn't been looking he'd kick me right there. Sometimes we'd be playing this kickball type game on the tennis court and he'd kick the fence like he was kicking me when I was on the other side. One day I got tired of it and punched him after school, he didn't bother me again and we were friends until he moved at the end of seventh grade. Other than that I can't really think of any serious bullying, I'm far too G for that shit.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 11:06:47 am »

You're speculating.  Teachers would not brush off something as serious as a death threat, because for one, in the event that one of those threats are carried out, the teacher would be held accountable if he/she doesn't report it.  Chances are that they wouldn't want to risk their job (possibly career) over that.

Seeing how negligent teachers can be, I wouldn't be surprised.  They shouldn't be, and of course it isn't insuring the safety of their careers, but they are anyways, just because many are very mediocre people.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 12:10:43 pm »
This happen last year actually. This guy name mike was the school prick and I mean prick. He would knock your shit out of your hand and laugh. He would make fun of you with all his friends and then proceed to throw more shit at you. He would just be an all around jackass.

This kinda contradicts what you all think about teachers but, We had 2nd period together and like ususal he was looking through my back pack and taking shit out and throwing it out on the ground. I guess the teacher saw it and told mike to pick it all up and put it back in my backpack. Mike being the cool guy and smartass told the teacher and I quote "fuck off or I will throw your shit on the ground." I still cant believe this ever happen but.......

The teacher walked over to mike and socked him in the face. He was on the ground next to my stuff bleeding all over it, I picked it up and wiped the blood off on him. We had a sub for the rest of the year. Havent seen mike since.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 01:44:58 pm »
This happen last year actually. This guy name mike was the school prick and I mean prick. He would knock your shit out of your hand and laugh. He would make fun of you with all his friends and then proceed to throw more shit at you. He would just be an all around jackass.

This kinda contradicts what you all think about teachers but, We had 2nd period together and like ususal he was looking through my back pack and taking shit out and throwing it out on the ground. I guess the teacher saw it and told mike to pick it all up and put it back in my backpack. Mike being the cool guy and smartass told the teacher and I quote "fuck off or I will throw your shit on the ground." I still cant believe this ever happen but.......

The teacher walked over to mike and socked him in the face. He was on the ground next to my stuff bleeding all over it, I picked it up and wiped the blood off on him. We had a sub for the rest of the year. Havent seen mike since.
*cheers for the great great man that was your teacher*

If teachers were more competent I would WAY support bringing back the paddle!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 01:56:54 pm »
*cheers for the great great man that was your teacher*

If teachers were more competent I would WAY support bringing back the paddle!

I don't think the teacher responded well...  It's quite likely Mike acted the way he did because he was physically abused at home.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 02:25:36 pm »
Obviously the teacher didnt respond well...he should've just paddled the kid.

Is being abused at home justification for being abusive towards someone else?  No.  It might be a reason, but it doesn't mean that they should be held less responsible.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 03:02:06 pm »
Obviously the teacher didnt respond well...he should've just paddled the kid.

Is being abused at home justification for being abusive towards someone else?  No.  It might be a reason, but it doesn't mean that they should be held less responsible.

You can't ignore it as a catalyst if it happens though.  And if home abuse is what is causing out-of-home abuse, adding to the out-of-home abuse, and hence adding to the overall abuse, isn't going to silence the child's abuse, rather, it will provoke more abuse.

I enjoy making my sentences unnecessarily confusing :P.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 05:34:10 pm »
So people really ARE stupid and can't think for themselves?...(from the little bit I learned in intro to psych, I did gather that "conditioning" is just submission, maybe MyndFyre can elaborate)

I agree that it's all too common that kids get beat at hom ethen they beat their wife/kids and the cycle continues.  However, I also believe that it is completely possible and likely for a person to realize that vicious beating of their children is counter productive for everyone.  So even if at-home-abuse is a reason, is shouldn't be an  excuse for a kid to bully at school.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 06:16:54 pm »
CrAz3D, you have no idea what these kids go through.  They learn that "beating your family the the way to solve problems, so why not beat other people to solve other problems?"  You were lucky.  These types of kids don't learn stuff like "beating people solves nothing".

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 06:35:53 pm »
CrAz3D, you have no idea what these kids go through.  They learn that "beating your family the the way to solve problems, so why not beat other people to solve other problems?"  You were lucky.  These types of kids don't learn stuff like "beating people solves nothing".
...but that also suggests that they dont have free thought and choice.
Beating people visibly hurts them, they must know that much.  So by continuing the beating they are choosing to participate in the cycle of violence.  It might be easier for someone raised "right" to not beat people senseless, however, it doesn't make it less wrong for someone raised "wrong" to beat.

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 07:09:21 pm »
I now declare this thread a Nature vs. Nurture debate.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 08:10:25 pm »
That can be applied to anything.  You were raised in a Republican environment, so that means you have no free thought or choice.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 11:56:33 pm »
That can be applied to anything.  You were raised in a Republican environment, so that means you have no free thought or choice.
...that would suggest that I have no choice in being a Republican

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 07:14:54 am »
No.  It means despite all common sense you're a Republican.