Author Topic: Are We Eating vL?  (Read 11995 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Are We Eating vL?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 01:15:55 pm »
Well, here I want to see all threads, since it's my home forum. And at vL, I want to see all threads because I don't really post. But I know what you mean, and it's handy.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 01:25:50 pm »
I came here not knowing many people - I talked to Trust, Sidoh and rabbit on BNET, but I didn't know anyone else.  The only reason I'm still here is because the community is very welcoming, everyone gives you a chance when you come here.  Regardless, I stopped going to vL quite some time ago,  it really seems like if you aren't in their little 'group' that you aren't welcome and it discourages people from going there IMO.
Very true.  Except for the difference of people that brought me here, that is the exact same reason I am still here, why I became an actual** member of these forums, and why I left the vL forums.

** By actual I mean I am listed as a clan(?) member and have a say in what goes on around here.  I'm able to directly affect the community.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 01:32:50 pm »
The vL forum never really seemed all that active to begin with, imo.  Maybe it's because I visit larger forums, or always just skimmed past all the boards between "The Media Motel" and "Thing-O-Rama ™" ( ::)) but even when I first heard about vl back in early '04 it didn't seem to be very hoppin.

Or maybe it's just cause I'm a noob who didn't hear about vL until early '04...

That's why you've never seen it *really* active.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 03:25:48 pm »
** By actual I mean I am listed as a clan(?) member and have a say in what goes on around here.
We like to let you think you have a say. But really, it's run by a select few, the Illuminati, who decide the results of all votes and elections. Sorry!

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 04:16:54 pm »
We like to let you think you have a say. But really, it's run by a select few, the Illuminati, who decide the results of all votes and elections. Sorry!
I demand  to be let into this selective group or I'll call it a hate crime. :D
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 05:45:06 pm »
** By actual I mean I am listed as a clan(?) member and have a say in what goes on around here.

I love you!

But yeah, vL has gone downhill over the past year or two, while x86 has gone uphill. For example, I used to take all my serious questions (examples, the copyright thing and the HD copying) to vL, and now I wouldn't think twice about posting it here instead.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 06:06:26 pm »
If I have a very technical question, I still post it at vL. I tend to get better technical answers there, like about assembly or something.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 06:21:23 pm »
.... *cries*
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus