Author Topic: Nihilum may kick ass, but they hate women.  (Read 9396 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: Nihilum may kick ass, but they hate women.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 06:05:41 pm »
This seems reasonable to me... I can definitely see problems erupting from a solo (or few) female member(s).

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 06:13:41 pm »
This seems reasonable to me... I can definitely see problems erupting from a solo (or few) female member(s).

It's possible, but there are a great number of groups that will have the potential to cause problems.  For example, religious people are more likely to bring up controversial issues that cause drama.  I don't see that they've disallowed them from joining.  What's next?

I've been in two raiding guilds, both of which were ranked in the top 5 on my server and both of which had at least one female leader (plus several female members).  There were no problems of the sort.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 06:15:59 pm »

It's possible, but there are a great number of groups that will have the potential to cause problems.  For example, religious people are more likely to bring up controversial issues that cause drama.  I don't see that they've disallowed them from joining.  What's next?

I've been in two raiding guilds, both of which were ranked in the top 5 on my server and both of which had at least one female leader (plus several female members).  There were no problems of the sort.
Which is more likely to cause an issue? And they probably just want to be 100% sure no trouble arises... just because it works in one guild doesn't mean it will work for their guild.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 06:36:55 pm »
Which is more likely to cause an issue? And they probably just want to be 100% sure no trouble arises... just because it works in one guild doesn't mean it will work for their guild.

I don't know, but I doubt they do either.  I have personally seen more drama caused by religious nuts than I have PMSing succubi.

They can't be 100% sure that no trouble arises.  People are imperfect; it's unreasonable to expect that everyone will get along.  I'm fully aware that the example I gave was a personal example and not irrefutable proof.  I said it with the hope that you'd be able to understand that.  I'm attempting to show that guild-breaking drama is very unlikely to arise (in my experience) from the presence of female members.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 07:13:39 pm »
This is ridiculous. There are just as much whiney male bitches compared to females.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 08:35:08 pm »

I don't know, but I doubt they do either.  I have personally seen more drama caused by religious nuts than I have PMSing succubi.

They can't be 100% sure that no trouble arises.  People are imperfect; it's unreasonable to expect that everyone will get along.  I'm fully aware that the example I gave was a personal example and not irrefutable proof.  I said it with the hope that you'd be able to understand that.  I'm attempting to show that guild-breaking drama is very unlikely to arise (in my experience) from the presence of female members.
I am just trying to argue with you lol. I know how many things cause problems in guilds since there was so much drama etc in all the guilds I was in... Being female is a minor contributor to the problems in a guild, but it is one of the only problem sorting issues they can filter out easily. You can lie about your religion etc, but good luck lieing about your sex hahaha.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 08:50:53 pm »
I am just trying to argue with you lol. I know how many things cause problems in guilds since there was so much drama etc in all the guilds I was in... Being female is a minor contributor to the problems in a guild, but it is one of the only problem sorting issues they can filter out easily. You can lie about your religion etc, but good luck lieing about your sex hahaha.

:P

The types of religious people I'm talking about are the ones who believe they are morally superior to those around them.  They think they are entitled to judge anyone who does something that violates their moral or religious beliefs.  I'm guessing Nihilum has a few of those members, but probably lets it slide because it isn't that big of a deal.  It may cause the creation of a few enemies amongst the guild, but I'd wager they work together nonetheless (I suppose they have to, considering they are the most advanced guild the game knows).

Also, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too difficult to lie about your sex.  Changing the tone of your voice digitally is pretty simple.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 09:21:37 pm »
I have a few 12 year olds in my current raiding guild and they like to talk on vent. The things these kids say would get me in some deep shit with my mom, but the GM lets it slide since one of them is our OT and the other is our only Restro shammy (Alliance)

Things along the lines of "I saw a pussy today and I wanted to eat it" and "Dude DJ did you see the new Pokemon series that new anime bitch is HOT"

Things that would make me laugh and others but we do have people in their mid 40's in our same Kara group and dont really like what is being said over vent. One time they were singing a filthy song that they heard from some of their fellow classmates and one of the healers left the raid saying that he could not take the innapproiate comments over vent anymore.

I couldnt care less really becuase they are despite their age very good at playing thier classes and when ever I run a 5 man with them its always easy button. So I just stay out of it.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 10:06:49 pm »
Your healer needs to grow up and realize the world isn't hugs and kisses imho
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 11:48:19 pm »

I talked to him just about an hour ago and he said he would just not be on vent for raids anymore if Freyj and Freyjaa are going to be on vent "There charater names"

I mean sure its kinda immature for that to be going on but there kids having fun and they are really good at what they do especially when they are together in raids they just play off eachother really well, but I guess there are bond to be problems when you have 12 year olds and people that are married with 12 year olds playing togehter.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 11:47:17 am »
Lmfao!  That's freaking hilarious.

If I was the GM I would just tell them to shut up and behave themselves.  If they couldn't follow that, then I would have no qualms in kicking them out of the guild and just finding two others to replace them.  No matter how good they are, there are always people better that you can find and/or train. 
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 11:58:26 am »

If I was the GM I would just tell them to shut up and behave themselves.  If they couldn't follow that, then I would have no qualms in kicking them out of the guild and just finding two others to replace them.  No matter how good they are, there are always people better that you can find and/or train. 

Well the healer kinda sucks and the 12 year olds are pretty much god mode when it comes to PvE. My GM is looking into right now what he should do.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 12:15:32 pm »

Well the healer kinda sucks and the 12 year olds are pretty much god mode when it comes to PvE. My GM is looking into right now what he should do.
I am sure he can find a better healer and find two others to replace the two 12 year olds. 
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 01:47:42 pm »
Well the healer in question just left the guild from what I saw and to be honest nobody else in the guild has a probelme with them it keeps a light mood in raids instead of being so serious some times.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 05:01:40 pm »
God, people are idiots... One of my old guild leaders was female. One of our main tank warriors is a girl, me as main offtank is as well, two of our healers, as well of an assortment of other people here and there in the guild. And, our guild isn't even that big.

Some days, I'd like to kick my stilletto heel into some nub's crotch and de-manize him. (No, that's not a word.)

Hell yes. *kick*