Author Topic: Folding Table  (Read 3748 times)

trust

Folding Table
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:36:18 am »
Does anyone know where I can get a folding table (approx. 6-7ft by 3ft) that doesn't just have folding legs but folds all the way in half, and more preferably folds 3 times so that it can store away easily (like under the bed). I've been planning on buying a beer pong table like this http://www.pongalong.com but then had the idea of making my own and painting Hampden-Sydney stuff on it. I considered ordering a custom one from http://www.bjsbeerpong.com but there is a 3-4 week wait and it's $109 for their tables. So to avoid that I'm exploring the idea of making my own. Preferably I'd like some sort of already folding plastic table which I could paint on and then seal with some sort of weather resistant sealer. (Or I could design it on the computer and have a print shop print it out on vinyl or something, I don't know yet.)
My other idea was to take plywood and hinge it together so that it could fold down how I want it, I can buy table legs for like $25, but it would be more annoying to setup.

Any advice would be great, since a google search didn't return much. (except 1 $75 table on Amazon)

Alternatively I might just buy a pongalong ($70 I think) and maybe try to remove the finish, paint my stuff, then recoat it again? That might be kind of hard.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Folding Table
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 12:38:25 am »
Haha, I don't think I'm going to read all of that just to say this:

My mom bought one that folds once in half a few weeks ago.  I think she got it at Sam's Club, but I'm not sure.  I can ask her if you'd like.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:50:24 am »
I considered ordering a custom one from http://www.bjsbeerpong.com but there is a 3-4 week wait and it's $109 for their tables. So to avoid that I'm exploring the idea of making my own.

$109 would be worth it, especially when it's done right. You're going to spend money on this, might as well go the extra mile and be guaranteed quality. Just charge to get into your parties. Buy like two kegs and charge at the door. Pay for the kegs and leftover can eventually pay for the table. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 02:19:28 am »
Beer pong FTL.  Do you use paddles (i've heard of some people that ACTUALLY use paddles, WTF)

Flipcup/boat racing FTW!!!

trust

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:47:23 am »
I considered ordering a custom one from http://www.bjsbeerpong.com but there is a 3-4 week wait and it's $109 for their tables. So to avoid that I'm exploring the idea of making my own.

$109 would be worth it, especially when it's done right. You're going to spend money on this, might as well go the extra mile and be guaranteed quality. Just charge to get into your parties. Buy like two kegs and charge at the door. Pay for the kegs and leftover can eventually pay for the table. :)

I could buy beer with the extra money though, so $109 might not be worth it....but then again maybe it will be. This is for college though, for my dorm....the parties I can't charge for and I can't have a couple of kegs because my room is 14x18. I just think this would be a  fun novelty thing to have.

no paddles

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 11:30:38 am »
Why cant you ask for a pitch at the door?

All of our band parties ask that...pass out a cup at the door when you pay the $4 or whatever

trust

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 12:58:49 pm »
Why cant you ask for a pitch at the door?

All of our band parties ask that...pass out a cup at the door when you pay the $4 or whatever

because it's a dorm room, I'm not going to be throwing parties. Maybe a couple of friends will come over and some girls we know. That's one reason I want this, it'll be good for social stuff because people will want to come play, and girls will want to come back to our room.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 01:06:35 pm »
oh,k.
still ask for pitch (except from the girls, obviously)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 02:44:45 pm »
Aren't you too young to drink in the US?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 02:47:32 pm »
That would mean that he would be drinking underage!
No, it can't be.
NO ONE does that in college ::)

trust

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 03:29:12 pm »

Yes. We're obviously playing root beer pong.  ::)