Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Downtime

<< < (6/8) > >>

Ergot:

--- Quote from: CrAz3D on July 05, 2007, 08:02:35 pm ---200mb per day?
How are you supposed to pirate movies?
LAME

--- End quote ---
Over a span of a week.

CrAz3D:

--- Quote from: Ergot on July 05, 2007, 08:32:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: CrAz3D on July 05, 2007, 08:02:35 pm ---200mb per day?
How are you supposed to pirate movies?
LAME

--- End quote ---
Over a span of a week.

--- End quote ---
still gh3y

iago:

--- Quote from: RoMi on July 05, 2007, 03:21:28 pm ---How much bandwidth does this site serve out on average anyways?

--- End quote ---
I've never checked, but likely not much for the site. I'm more worried about my family's usage.

--- Quote from: Joe[x86/64] on July 05, 2007, 06:09:41 pm ---iago, Google for inadyn. It's a bit of a pain to set up, but once you do that, just run it in a screen and it'll check your external IP every ~10 minutes (configurable) and update if needed.

--- End quote ---
Running it in a screen is eww. Doesn't it have daemon mode? Plus, the name sounds way too much like "Initech", and that's not cool. And if you don't know what "Initech" is, you don't watch enough movies.

Some day, I'll bring my server to Calgary. It's just a matter of driving from Winnipeg to Calgary, since I can't really take it on a plane with me and I wouldn't want to check it (or ship it).

Newby:
DynDNS's update client worked for me on FreeBSD. Linux must suck. :)

Sidoh:

--- Quote from: Newby on July 08, 2007, 02:35:51 pm ---DynDNS's update client worked for me on FreeBSD. Linux must suck. :)

--- End quote ---

Are you sure it was the same client?  They have a couple different ones written by members.  All of the ones for Linux (that I've tried anyway) suck nuts.  They were a bit cumbersome to configure and the documentation on them wasn't very good either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version