Author Topic: I got bored yesterday...  (Read 13340 times)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: I got bored yesterday...
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 12:37:10 pm »
Go level a Warrior.
I leveled a prot warrior to ~46, playing pretty much exclusively solo. It sucked. It was my first character too, so that didn't help. Fury would probably have made things a bunch easier. My second character (a warlock) was totally ezmode though. But it was way more fun too.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 02:07:59 pm »
I love ego boosts ^^;  The huntard was pulling two groups at a time.  We had 9 elites on as at one point, and aggro'd the first boss right after they died.

1x60 hunter ; 1x60 rogue ; 1x64 rogue ; 1x67 paladin ; 1xMe :P
Ramparts is ez mode. lol.

Didn't you play a Warlock?

Warlock is ez mode. lol.
Yes they are, but I was pretty much forced to play one. :P

EDIT: Actually, I think all classes are ez mode.

Warlock = uber ez mode.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 05:51:49 pm »
I just finished solo questing a warrior to level 51, over the past month, or so. He hasn't been tough to level, at all. I've been able to quest on mobs 2 to 5 levels higher than I have been the entire time, taking 2 or 3 guys at once. I constantly have good gear for my level, though, that I buy with my 70 main, but still - Warriors are fun, and easy. I already enjoy the warrior more than my priest.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 07:08:38 pm »
I just finished solo questing a warrior to level 51, over the past month, or so. He hasn't been tough to level, at all. I've been able to quest on mobs 2 to 5 levels higher than I have been the entire time, taking 2 or 3 guys at once. I constantly have good gear for my level, though, that I buy with my 70 main, but still - Warriors are fun, and easy. I already enjoy the warrior more than my priest.

I'm curious, what spec are you? Warriors when compared to other classes imho are hell to level. I constantly, up until recently have had to regear every few levels to keep up with the tanking demand placed by bosses. Besides having a lot of downtime while leveling (bandaging, pots, or food), having a tough time in PvP, and having 10g a day repair bills..I'd say Warriors were pretty enjoyable for their ability to take a few hits.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 09:57:39 pm »
Quit bashing Warlocks unless you leveled one in 1.3. They were by no means ez-mode.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 10:02:05 pm »
Quit bashing Warlocks unless you leveled one in 1.3. They were by no means ez-mode.

I did.  I still thought they were pretty easy. :-\

Way easier than a holy priest, anyway...

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 10:06:17 pm »
I did.  I still thought they were pretty easy. :-\

Way easier than a holy priest, anyway...
I have a level 12 holy priest and it *already* sucks to level.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 10:21:36 pm »
lol.  Yeah, they suck pretty badly.  After a while, though, I pretty much got all of my XP from doing instances.  At lea st finding a group was really easy.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 02:29:59 am »
That's because you don't level a priest as holy - who does that? A shadow priest can heal just fine for lower level things. I didn't go holy until I was 70.

My warrior is purely fury spec. I'm constantly buying him new gear off the auction house, though. I'm bored of my priest, so I'm really hoping to make the warrior my main.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 02:40:36 am »
That's because you don't level a priest as holy - who does that? A shadow priest can heal just fine for lower level things. I didn't go holy until I was 70.

No shit?

I was Shadow until 40, at which point I respeced because I was getting all of my XP doing instances.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 08:32:01 am »
I love MHing with shadow priests in the group.

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 10:49:53 am »
I hate anyone who would have a shadow priest between 41 and 59. Not only is it annoying to me, but it *should* be annoying to you as well, not being able to find a group. At 60+ there's enough tiered holy priests to go around and PvP is a good excuse to go shadow, but you should level from 40+ as holy, I'd think. Nothing pissed me off more while leveling than wiping over and over because our MH was shadow.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 12:02:35 pm »
I hate anyone who would have a shadow priest between 41 and 59. Not only is it annoying to me, but it *should* be annoying to you as well, not being able to find a group. At 60+ there's enough tiered holy priests to go around and PvP is a good excuse to go shadow, but you should level from 40+ as holy, I'd think. Nothing pissed me off more while leveling than wiping over and over because our MH was shadow.

VT + VE = Healers best friend.  I'm spec'd to heal and I do fine without a SP, but with a SP it lets me divert more attention to the MT (( the small heals are taken care of via VE )),  anywho, since you don't have a healer you shouldn't care too much <3

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
Why don't you try leveling a priest in a holy spec?

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 01:16:53 pm »
My warrior is purely fury spec. I'm constantly buying him new gear off the auction house, though. I'm bored of my priest, so I'm really hoping to make the warrior my main.

That's true, Fury makes things very easy. Unfortunately I didn't figure this out until around 55. Once I figured that out I flew through my levels, quests, and grinding became incredibly easy.

I still have moderate downtime (Much less than with Arms or Prot spec) but it's understandable. I think Fury doesn't ramp up until you get Rampage (And Victory Rush at 60).

Also, I enjoy kicking the shit out of Warlocks with my Warrior.

Here is my armory (Needs a little work): http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maelstrom&n=Xalis
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling