Author Topic: iPhone  (Read 8611 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 11:51:24 pm »
lookin at att map their service is horrible outside of cities :(

Their service coverage map looks like it hits nearly 80%+ of every state except... Wyoming. And the only places I end up in (San Diego, Phoenix/Mesa, Texas, Florida) have great coverage.

Apparently, the plan they have will end up saving money too, since I talk/text a lot. I guess I'm a social whore? :|
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline psychspy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 12:01:28 am »
It doesn't seem too bad, but no video recording?? That takes away some fun.  I guess if I compared the iPhone to comparable phones like those in the Nokia N-Series, I'd stick with the N-Series.  A good one's the N95.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 01:33:41 am »
I'm not worried about the camera, persay. I'm not a big fan of cameras in phones. If it didn't even have one, I'd be happy. :)

Compared to my current phone, it's feature-rich. I just like my phone now, though: it's just a phone! I call people, I text people. I'm happy. I figure if I get an iPhone, I'll get bored as hell of it.

The YouTube is pretty damn neat. Videos load in ~10-15 seconds, and the quality is good enough. It'll make for an entertaining senior year in high school if I get one. :P
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 01:52:58 am »
Their service coverage map looks like it hits nearly 80%+ of every state except... Wyoming.
Wyoming is above all this cell phone technology and whatnot. :D
errr... something like that...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 02:37:46 am »
This reminds me of something funny that happened.

Last week, Rogers (AT&T's Canadian division) called me and offered me a package that, for a month, would give me free voicemail, as well as a whole bunch of picture/video sending. He was surprised to find out that my phone doesn't do pictures or videos. And I hate voicemail.

I love my ancient old phone, with a 2-colour LCD display and 4 really crappy games. It can phone and text, it's fairly small, and I like how it looks better than a phone.

Personally, I wouldn't take an iPhone as a gift. I don't want to have that much power carried with me, it would just become a nuisance.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 03:12:38 am »

Last week, Rogers (AT&T's Canadian division) called me and offered me a package that, for a month, would give me free voicemail, as well as a whole bunch of picture/video sending. He was surprised to find out that my phone doesn't do pictures or videos. And I hate voicemail.

I love my ancient old phone, with a 2-colour LCD display and 4 really crappy games. It can phone and text, it's fairly small, and I like how it looks better than a phone.

Personally, I wouldn't take an iPhone as a gift. I don't want to have that much power carried with me, it would just become a nuisance.

The only thing that appeals to me is that I would have my iPod on me at all times :P

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 03:27:38 am »

The only thing that appeals to me is that I would have my iPod on me at all times :P

i will have you burned at the stake for even doubting the iphone's magnificence
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 03:39:42 am »
A phone is a phone. You need it to call people. Want to use the internet? get on a computer

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 03:46:05 am »
I'm not worried about the camera, persay. I'm not a big fan of cameras in phones. If it didn't even have one, I'd be happy. :)

Compared to my current phone, it's feature-rich. I just like my phone now, though: it's just a phone! I call people, I text people. I'm happy. I figure if I get an iPhone, I'll get bored as hell of it.

The YouTube is pretty damn neat. Videos load in ~10-15 seconds, and the quality is good enough. It'll make for an entertaining senior year in high school if I get one. :P

You'd be surprised how much new features change your current habits. I've found that as soon as I changed to Verizon (like 3 days ago) and got the enV (with a full keyboard and plenty of features.. and much better service everywhere then T-Mobile), I've utilized the texting features 10fold. As soon as things become easier to do or more available to you, it just happens that you will adapt.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 04:14:11 am »
A phone is a phone. You need it to call people. Want to use the internet? get on a computer

DO YOU WANT ME TO SET YOU ON FIRE FOOLISH ONE?
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 10:13:17 am »

no voicemail ::)?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 12:16:24 pm »
They gave me voicemail for free, and after a couple days I specifically requested that they get rid of it. I hate leaving people messages, and I hate listening to messages left for me.

If somebody calls me, their number will show up on call display. When I see it there, I call them back, unless I hate them. Why spend all the time checking my voicemail, then? I'd rather just talk to them.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 12:19:49 pm »
You'd be surprised how much new features change your current habits. I've found that as soon as I changed to Verizon (like 3 days ago) and got the enV (with a full keyboard and plenty of features.. and much better service everywhere then T-Mobile), I've utilized the texting features 10fold. As soon as things become easier to do or more available to you, it just happens that you will adapt.

I'm not too happy with Verizon. I loooooved T-Mobile, though. I had the first sidekick when I was with them, and could hop on AIM and shit. It made me so happy. Then I had to get rid of it for some POS free Verizon phone.

I'm thinking it's time for another superphone. :P

@ towelie: Yeah, 8GB of iPod is nice. And since I hardly ever use my phone enough to drain the battery to the point where it's nothing (I can go 4+ days easily on a full charge) I figure cycling the battery by draining it listening to music will be nice to keep it in shape. :P

@ iago: I hate voicemail too! And I could care less about photos/videos on my phone. The Safari browser in the iPhone is pretty neat, though.... if I get one I'll post on here more often! :)
- Newby

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 12:33:04 pm »
T-Mobile sucks in every way possible.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 12:33:49 pm »
The Safari browser in the iPhone is pretty neat, though....
Except for the vulnerabilities that were found. Rather, that were known before the release and unfixed. :)