Author Topic: Bye' Bye' Plane  (Read 4695 times)

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
Bye' Bye' Plane
« on: July 13, 2007, 12:39:27 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070712/ap_on_re_us/toddler_booted

so it seems people get paranoid over anything these days. first some liquid and now some baby is supposedly posing a threat... just plain ridiculous.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Bye' Bye' Plane
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 09:35:33 am »
Paranoid? Did you read the story?

They didn't think the baby was a threat, they thought the baby was driving everybody crazy because it wouldn't shut up. I, for one, support throwing annoying babies out of planes without parachutes.

Plus, based on the quote from the mother, she sounded really selfish.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 10:01:01 am »
I hate babies.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 10:03:13 am »
Babies and little kids are both terribly annoying on planes.

Babies won't shut up. And little kids keep staring at you and kicking your seat.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:07:38 am »

They didn't think the baby was a threat, they thought the baby was driving everybody crazy because it wouldn't shut up. I, for one, support throwing annoying babies out of planes without parachutes.

well actually the flight attendant sounded like a bitch cause the passengers stood up for the baby and the attendant still booted them off the plane

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 10:27:52 am »

well actually the flight attendant sounded like a bitch cause the passengers stood up for the baby and the attendant still booted them off the plane
Right, the passengers didn't mind the screaming baby.

Did you happen to notice who was telling the story? The mother. They obviously didn't turn the plane around for a baby that was quietly saying "bye bye plane" as she claims.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 05:49:54 pm »
While I have nothing against killing babies, they should have at least let the mother stay on the plane. And selfish mother or not, some kids are *impossible* to shut up, short of hitting them... which would probably end up with it crying louder than it was talking/yelling to start with. I really don't see it as a good reason to throw someone off a plane. Plus, who would travel on a plane without headphones anyway? I blame the stupid passengers for being underprepared!
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 10:01:20 pm »
While I have nothing against killing babies, they should have at least let the mother stay on the plane. And selfish mother or not, some kids are *impossible* to shut up, short of hitting them... which would probably end up with it crying louder than it was talking/yelling to start with. I really don't see it as a good reason to throw someone off a plane. Plus, who would travel on a plane without headphones anyway? I blame the stupid passengers for being underprepared!
I do! :P

Did you suggest that she should have left the baby at the airport? :)

From reading the article, the lady sounds rather selfish and self-righteous. It wouldn't surprise me if she got into a fight with a flight attendant or something. There's no way they would turn around a plane just for an annoying kid.

And by the way, they suggested that she drug the baby to shut it up. That tends to be effective! But I agree with her on that point, that she shouldn't be forced to drug a baby :)