Author Topic: Alternative to Vonage?  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Alternative to Vonage?
« on: July 13, 2007, 01:51:37 pm »
What other companies offer VoIP in the fashion that Vonage does? Vonage isn't working out here.. and we'd like to venture out and find an alternative.

Thanks in advance.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative to Vonage?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:42:23 pm »
Comcast Digital Voice?
AT&T CallVantage?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 02:45:05 pm by Ergot »
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 06:33:14 pm »
Comcast sucks at everything they do.  Don't bother with them.  I've only dealt with AT&T since the Cingular merge, but everything has been great.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:43:53 pm »
Comcast sucks at everything they do.
I have had quite the opposite experience, to be honest. I had RCN for a while for internet/cable/phone and my mom switched to Comcast after RCN were being douchebags about billing or something, and we're now paying less money and getting better service (at least internet-wise, the other two are pretty much exactly the same), as well as having much easier to deal with customer service. They've been especially nice about offering free upgrades and stuff now that they are competing with the verizon fios thing.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 03:47:06 am »
What other companies offer VoIP in the fashion that Vonage does? Vonage isn't working out here.. and we'd like to venture out and find an alternative.

Thanks in advance.

Packet8 is really good.  I've had them for about 2 years now...I've never had problems or outtages with them.

http://www.packet8.net/
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 11:50:13 pm »
Packet8 is really good.  I've had them for about 2 years now...I've never had problems or outtages with them.

http://www.packet8.net/

Ahh! A response with experience behind it. Awesome. We'll check it out, and if those don't work, it looks like we'll be checking out the ones Ergot posted.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 11:59:25 pm »
I wouldn't go with my suggestions at all :P!
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology