Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Forum Errors

<< < (3/8) > >>

Towelie:

--- Quote from: Newby on July 30, 2007, 11:14:48 am ---It appears the move dicked with the forum timezone. If you're having issues with your timestamps on posts, go to your Profile (click the button on the menu), go to Look and Layout Preferences, and have it auto-detect the offset. I just tested it, and that fixed it. :)

--- End quote ---
its off by 10 mins for me now :P

iago:
I have no idea why the clock was so far off on that server, it was likely due to testing stuff. I fixed it now, though, so change your timezone back to where it ought to be :)

CrAz3D:
hmm, so is it still at your house?

chuck:
You should install ntpdate, and make it sync the clock every few hours.

And you killed my avatar! *Goes hunting for it on his harddrive*

EDIT:
Ahh, this makes sense now.

--- Code: ---An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

--- End code ---

iago:

--- Quote from: CrAz3D on July 30, 2007, 05:39:23 pm ---hmm, so is it still at your house?

--- End quote ---
Yes, until somebody provides better hosting it's going to live there. I just merged the two Web servers, which I didn't really want to do but was kinda forced into it.

--- Quote from: chuck on July 30, 2007, 05:44:46 pm ---You should install ntpdate, and make it sync the clock every few hours.

And you killed my avatar! *Goes hunting for it on his harddrive*

EDIT:
Ahh, this makes sense now.

--- Code: ---An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
I use ntpdate, it's set to run every night. To update the time to the proper one, I just ran it manually (/etc/cron.daily/updatetime.sh) and it worked fine, so I don't know what happened there.

I thought I made the folders writable by the Web user, but maybe I screwed up. Try again?

<edit> Better yet, why don't I fix the path to the one where the files actually are? Avatars fixed! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version