Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Forum Errors

<< < (2/8) > >>

Sidoh:

--- Quote from: iago on July 24, 2007, 02:15:05 pm ---If that were true, why did that file end up empty? 

I really don't know what happened, but whatever. Hopefully it won't happen again :)

--- End quote ---

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the only times that Settings.php is modified is during the installation process and when you change something in the administration panel.  It went down at around 1:30 AM MST.  I know I wasn't doing anything then.  Can the other admins say the same?

I'm not saying chuck's hypothesis is conclusively incorrect.  I just don't think Settings.php is modified except in special situations.

iago:
The only related incident I can think of is that the harddrive on the server was almost completely full. This is a result of my negligence, since I do a nightly backup and hadn't bothered deleting old ones in awhile.

But I don't see how that could affect it.

chuck:

--- Quote from: Sidoh on July 24, 2007, 02:24:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: iago on July 24, 2007, 02:15:05 pm ---If that were true, why did that file end up empty? 

I really don't know what happened, but whatever. Hopefully it won't happen again :)

--- End quote ---

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the only times that Settings.php is modified is during the installation process and when you change something in the administration panel.  It went down at around 1:30 AM MST.  I know I wasn't doing anything then.  Can the other admins say the same?

I'm not saying chuck's hypothesis is conclusively incorrect.  I just don't think Settings.php is modified except in special situations.

--- End quote ---
Its just a guess, I sometimes fiddle with scripts and find every way I can to break them. I've found when some scripts are terminated while writing to files, strange things happen. I'm not saying this happened, its just a possibility.

--- Quote from: iago on July 24, 2007, 02:29:40 pm ---The only related incident I can think of is that the harddrive on the server was almost completely full. This is a result of my negligence, since I do a nightly backup and hadn't bothered deleting old ones in awhile.

But I don't see how that could affect it.

--- End quote ---
Linux sometimes does strange things to me when the hard-drive is near full. I've opened a web browser and got garbage all over the screen, and ctrl+alt+f1'ed and saw errors spitting out on the console about a full disk.

Sidoh:

--- Quote from: chuck on July 24, 2007, 02:32:30 pm ---Its just a guess, I sometimes fiddle with scripts and find every way I can to break them. I've found when some scripts are terminated while writing to files, strange things happen. I'm not saying this happened, its just a possibility.

--- End quote ---

It's definitely a possibility.  I don't disagree at all there. :)

Newby:
It appears the move dicked with the forum timezone. If you're having issues with your timestamps on posts, go to your Profile (click the button on the menu), go to Look and Layout Preferences, and have it auto-detect the offset. I just tested it, and that fixed it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version