Author Topic: 10k Americans flee Bush for CAN. 24k CANs flee crappy health care for US  (Read 4214 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
http://www.abcnews.go.com/print?id=3433005
Maybe I'm exaggerated about the reasons for the fleeing (or that it was even fleeing), but still, more people in Canada want to live here than Americans want to live in Canada

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
No, people who move to the US do it because American jobs traditionally pay more (now that your dollar is sucking, though, that'll likely change). I don't know anybody who's left Canada on account of healthcare.

Incidentally, the link doesn't work.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
I want to move somewhere else.  Europe and Asia have rediculously high paying jobs.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Since craz3d sucks at fixing his link, here: http://www.abcnews.com/print?id=3433005

It's too bad they only interviewed Americans moving to Canada, not the other way. I'm reasonably sure that most Canadians who move to the US would say it's because they found a job there, though.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
I was considering rather seriously moving to Canada for work at Manitoba port on cargo ships awhile back before deciding to move to Grand Rapids for vocational schooling.. I have never had a problem finding work here in the U.S.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
I was considering rather seriously moving to Canada for work at Manitoba port on cargo ships awhile back before deciding to move to Grand Rapids for vocational schooling.. I have never had a problem finding work here in the U.S.
Manitoba port? You're aware that Manitoba is almost totally landlocked, right? The only port is in Churchill (I think) on Hudson's Bay, I'm not sure that would be a nice place to work, though, unless you like fighting polar bears.