Author Topic: Reporter Chased out of Defcon  (Read 4406 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Reporter Chased out of Defcon
« on: August 04, 2007, 02:51:20 pm »
So long story short, an undercover reporter for Dateline NBC was trying to do a story that would connect government agents to illegal hackers. Defcon is, of course, neutral ground where underground hackers and whitehat security guys get together for a weekend.

However, the organizers were tipped off and, in the place where Defcon normally has the "spot the fed" contest, they had "spot the undercover reporter" instead. When the audience was asked what to do when they found her, they yelled "murder"! Shortly after that, she made a run for it.

A longer version of the story is here, and a video of her leaving and everything is here.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Reporter Chased out of Defcon
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 07:43:31 pm »
One word: PWN3D.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:34:19 pm »
How humiliating, but I believe she got exactly what was coming to her, as well as Dateline.

I've watched To Catch A Predator a few times, and I feel like it's just wrong.  I don't condone the actions sexual predators, and I'm no legal expert, but something inside me screams violation of rights.  We're all suppose to have the chance at "innocent until proven guilty", but the way the media works on shows such as To Catch A Predator, you don't have that chance.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:36:01 pm by Michael »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:35:48 pm »
I've never seen the show, but, if I understand it right, it basically destroys the person's life whether or not he does anything. There's definitely something wrong with that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 11:34:28 pm »
Hahahaha!  The "Murder!" is awesome.