Author Topic: Epic. Own.  (Read 2248 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: Epic. Own.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 03:28:45 am »
Seen it on my Honda forum. What a sick wierdo..
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:07:37 am »
This story is probably fake, else there would be a famous lawsuit in progress. Also, who is so dumb as to tell their boss that they committed a crime against an intern?

By the way, I love how stupid the responses are. They just completely ignore the invasion of privacy and cruel internet slandering. The coworkers in the (fake?) story are creeps, and the f150 users not far from it >_>

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:10:15 am »
Yeah, that totally sounds fake. It just doesn't have that ring of truth to it.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:19:07 am »
Not that I disagree, but are you sure it's a crime?  I mean can't companies legally do that thing if they inform you it's possible they do it?  I'm pretty sure I've heard of larger corporations having security cameras in cube farms.  I'm not trying to say the kid verbally agreed to be spied upon, but I'm sure there's a contract of some sort he signed before he started.

Regardless, I can see this being fake, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least partly legitimate.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:27:40 am »
Not that I disagree, but are you sure it's a crime?  I mean can't companies legally do that thing if they inform you it's possible they do it?  I'm pretty sure I've heard of larger corporations having security cameras in cube farms.  I'm not trying to say the kid verbally agreed to be spied upon, but I'm sure there's a contract of some sort he signed before he started.

The coworkers initiated the spying without the knowledge of their boss, and revealed the information on the internet. That must have violated any kind of contract he may have signed (keeping in mind this story is probably fake...)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:29:11 am by Ender »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 11:57:40 am »

Regardless, I can see this being fake, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least partly legitimate.
I think it's illegal to surveil specific people (as opposed to locations) without informing them beforehand, but I could be wrong.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 12:09:55 pm »
We have security cameras in our building, inside and out, near all the keycard-protected doors. Probably half of the cubicles are visible from those cameras. The labs are most certainly under complete surveillance. That's why it's important to get to know the security guys before borrowing company equipment ^^

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 04:09:56 pm »
I lol'd. Hard.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 09:20:35 pm »

The coworkers initiated the spying without the knowledge of their boss, and revealed the information on the internet. That must have violated any kind of contract he may have signed (keeping in mind this story is probably fake...)

It might have been the case that the people who installed the camera were his managers or superiors.  I'm not convinced that what they did is illegal.  I don't think it's ethical, but whether or not it's illegal is questionable, imo.