Author Topic: AP Computer Science  (Read 9963 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
AP Computer Science
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:59:01 am »
Since my school blows donkey cock, I'm going to study + take the AP Computer Science test out of my own will.

After looking through some of the multiple choice questions in the study book I got, I won't have to learn much more. :)

The reason I'm posting here? What's the difference between the A/AB tests?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

Re: AP Computer Science
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 11:57:16 am »
Computer Science AB includes all the topics of Computer Science A, as well as a more formal and a more in-depth study of algorithms, data structures, and data abstraction. For example, binary trees are studied in Computer Science AB but not in Computer Science A. The use of recursive data structures and dynamically allocated structures is fundamental to Computer Science AB.

Don't worry, the class is a joke. Aside from some familiar coding examples that will be similar to those on the AP test, you aren't missing much. I had the highest grade in my CS class, A's on everything, perfect of near perfect on all coding projects, etc. I got a 3, and didn't even finish the test. You're probably better off doing it yourself.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 04:25:33 pm »
Don't worry, the class is a joke.
Agreed. I did awesome in the class, and got a 5 on the test. The hardest thing you're going to have to deal with is recursion. (which is easy after like 5 minutes) You're also going to need to be familiar with the new case study. There will be an open response question about it.

And uh, I dunno if you've ever used java, so you might want to at least familiarize yourself with it.

And take the AB test. You could pass the A in your sleep. According to the college board site the things you don't need to know for A are: two dimensional arrays, linked lists, stacks, queues, trees, heaps, priority queues, sets, maps, iterators, Big O notation, and throwing runtime exceptions. I can't imagine you having trouble with any of that :P
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 04:52:39 pm »
The AB is a joke.  It was so freakin easy.  I finished it up early and took a nap :P

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 08:49:14 pm »
The AB is a joke.  It was so freakin easy.  I finished it up early and took a nap :P
:D I got worried when I finished way before the one super smart kid taking it (who the fuck gets a 4.6 GPA on a 4.5 scale?! being in a room with him made me feel dumb) But I think he was just taking it because it was an AP class, not because it was something he was actually interested in...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 09:24:31 pm »
But I think he was just taking it because it was an AP class, not because it was something he was actually interested in...

I know shitstabbers like that. Well, that I can live with. It's the fucks who grub over their grades and strive for anything that'll make it easier for them to get an A. Can't handle tests? Your 4.5 GPA isn't going to be anywhere near that close in college where homework doesn't account for 50% of your freaking grade. :|
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Darkness

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 09:35:10 pm »
But I think he was just taking it because it was an AP class, not because it was something he was actually interested in...

I know shitstabbers like that. Well, that I can live with. It's the fucks who grub over their grades and strive for anything that'll make it easier for them to get an A. Can't handle tests? Your 4.5 GPA isn't going to be anywhere near that close in college where homework doesn't account for 50% of your freaking grade. :|
Hey, dont diss us shitstabbers who do anything for the easy As (such as stab shit, or threaten to stab our shitty teachers). Its the only way to get into med school! But yea anyone who can't handle tests is pretty much fucked in college. I took a class over the summer where our final exam was half our grade. Everyone sucked it up too, we had one test where the average was 65%.
(01:22:35) Newby: I am listening to 9989. Torsofuck - Fistfucking Her Decomposed Cadaver (0:07 / 2:37 320kbps)
(01:22:39) Newby: I am listening to 9990. Torsofuck - Worm Infested Anal (0:01 / 3:02 320kbps)
(01:22:43) Newby: I am listening to 9991. Torsofuck - Raped By Elephants (0:02 / 4:14 320kbps)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 10:24:24 pm »
lol. He's not like that, he's just really really really smart. He came in second place in some science fair thing at MIT or something like that? I don't remember, it was in the school announcements some time last year :|

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 11:43:46 pm »
Hey, dont diss us shitstabbers who do anything for the easy As (such as stab shit, or threaten to stab our shitty teachers). Its the only way to get into med school! But yea anyone who can't handle tests is pretty much fucked in college. I took a class over the summer where our final exam was half our grade. Everyone sucked it up too, we had one test where the average was 65%.

Hah! I'm talking mainly at kids that will take homework OVER tests, because it's easier to get full credit on homework. I was in an AP US History class FULL of them. Our teacher offered to drop a huge project if we listened to lectures on random historical subjects (i.e. how the U.S. flag came about, etc.) and the ENTIRE FUCKING CLASS (save me and another kid) voted for the huge project instead of lectures.

I guarantee you none of them even remembers a handful of information they learned from that project. :|
- Newby

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 12:26:38 pm »

Your parents decided medicine would be a good career for you? I'm so sorry.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 12:39:27 pm »

Did I miss something?

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 01:02:36 pm »

Did I miss something?

Obviously ^^

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 01:36:49 am »

That's what boggles my mind about people complaining about standardized tests and NCLB.  It seems that for the majority of professional jobs you have to pass standardized tests otherwise you're out on your keester.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 02:04:01 am »
That's what boggles my mind about people complaining about standardized tests and NCLB.  It seems that for the majority of professional jobs you have to pass standardized tests otherwise you're out on your keester.
There was one standardized test for NCLB I had to take, and it was way easy. The rest of the crap I had to do involved mundane and tedious projects, which kept us on a topic we had already been tested on for another week or two.
errr... something like that...

Offline Darkness

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 08:48:34 pm »

I choose medicine on my own. Math would be interesting, but pretty much all you could do is become a professor which would suck as a job. And I've tried sitting around doing computer science at my computer and it isnt very exciting.
(01:22:35) Newby: I am listening to 9989. Torsofuck - Fistfucking Her Decomposed Cadaver (0:07 / 2:37 320kbps)
(01:22:39) Newby: I am listening to 9990. Torsofuck - Worm Infested Anal (0:01 / 3:02 320kbps)
(01:22:43) Newby: I am listening to 9991. Torsofuck - Raped By Elephants (0:02 / 4:14 320kbps)