Author Topic: Hosting games with JavaOP  (Read 9080 times)

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
Re: Hosting games with JavaOP
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 11:12:09 pm »
Nice, I remember somebody (likely you) mentioning that bot, but I don't remember reading that it could do War3 games. That means little, though. :)
Indeed, it -only- does W3XP games.  Actually, fully functional is probably not even accurate since it only does one specific type of game (dota) with one specific setup.

Offline DBX_5

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 04:26:17 pm »
Talk to Leax about his bot, it can do other Games aside from "DotA" as well, it just needs to be coded for it.

Offline dotagosu22

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 05:04:16 pm »
I need it EXACTLY for dota, though i have almost solve my need with Leax's help. I need a new bot, that can join game sit there and say something when players enter. Is this possible with javaop?

Offline Tennis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 02:29:11 am »
I didn't realize that there was a thread about this!

So, yes, I developed a few different plugins that have to do with W3XP games. I have one to "join" games (it was used internally inside TDA to police games before IceFrog agreed for TDABot to have that functionality), one to host automatically refreshing download only games without Warcraft III (to be used to distribute DotA, but was never put to use for that purpose), one to host games without using a Warcraft III client (somewhat outdated), and a "Listchecker" plugin. Since it's just a Battle.net wrapper around Warcraft III's LAN interface, like Listchecker, it can host any game and on multiple realms at once (which is very useful for getting players).

However, the "Listchecker" plugin has not been distributed because of how abusable its functions can be. The host can spoof chat messages, kick players from the game while making it look like they left (this is very important in TDA games with how the replay parser handles it), and intentionally make players lag. If one were to use it inside of TDA games, he would easily be able to get anyone inside of his games banned with little chance of being caught.

Offline DBX_5

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 02:32:44 pm »
that finaly finishes my question why you havent released it, thanks for that info Wuffle.

Offline Samsunait

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 01:28:09 pm »
If someone want Wuffle.host Bot Source / Files to work with, here we are: http://rapidshare.com/files/103985517/Host.zip.html
i'm not the uploader of this, btw

Offline Net_Creator

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 05:19:09 pm »
Anyone have the slightest clue how I can make this appear and run in my JavaOp? I've actually completely modified the thing to run a different game. :P