Author Topic: Complete newbie in need :D  (Read 6695 times)

Offline Sourceassasin19

• View Profile
Complete newbie in need :D
« on: September 03, 2007, 11:29:27 pm »
Hello, I've just recently installed the bot and got it working and I'd just like to compliment everyone involved.  Unfortunantly, I'm completely clueless, I want to create a new clan but theres a few things I need to know how to do.

1. the ,whoami command.  I want it to tell them their rank.  Not just their flags.  So as it is if I were to do that it would tell me im a "master", when I want it to say "General".  How do I get this to work?

2. I want a command of ,ranks.  To display a list of the ranks of my clan.  Thats possible right?

3.  The bot seems to disconnect quite frequently, am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Complete newbie in need :D
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 11:41:19 pm »
Look up: Warden. JavaOp won't be working any time soon until Warden goes away or a work-around is found.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sourceassasin19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 11:49:38 pm »
Look up: Warden. JavaOp won't be working any time soon until Warden goes away or a work-around is found.

Thanks, do you know any that will?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:50:01 pm »

Nobody does at the moment. The people working on it lack the skills/sheer determination to find a workaround/perfect emulation of the warden/solution, and those talented enough to do it put their abilities to use elsewhere.

That's what I see anyway.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sourceassasin19

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 11:51:25 pm »

Nobody does at the moment. The people working on it lack the skills/sheer determination to find a workaround/perfect emulation of the warden/solution, and those talented enough to do it put their abilities to use elsewhere.

That's what I see anyway.

Oh well, Clan Orig has at least one working bot.  How do you figure they did it?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 12:14:58 am »
It's either not a bot... or they didn't fix it. But there may have been some workaround. I don't know for sure. I don't keep up-to-date on Battle.net anymore.
- Newby

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 02:05:12 am »
The work around is Warcraft 2.

Offline Sourceassasin19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 11:03:20 am »
The work around is Warcraft 2.

OK! Thanks.  Now, how do I use that work around :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 11:40:37 am »
Get a Warcraft II CDKey and login with that game. That'll fix the Warden thing, till they update War2 (if that'll ever happen).

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 03:25:28 pm »
Blizzard has a tendency to leave old games to rot. Example, Diablo is rotting in the wake of Diablo II, and WarCraft II died to WarCraft III. I don't expect WarCraft II or Diablo (one) to be updated ever again.

Anyhow, I'm going to work on Warden, as soon as I get the willpower to install IDA and StarCraft on my laptop, as well as OllyDbg. And I've been at that point for about a week now.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sourceassasin19

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 03:29:29 pm »
Get a Warcraft II CDKey and login with that game. That'll fix the Warden thing, till they update War2 (if that'll ever happen).

Thanks guys! Sorry about being so newbiesh.

Offline Sourceassasin19

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 04:27:15 pm »

Been trying all day, there seem to be none that work :P
Do they still sell it?

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 05:42:22 pm »
Warcraft 3 still connects just fine (at least on east)

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 10:28:30 am »
Blizzard has a tendency to leave old games to rot. Example, Diablo is rotting in the wake of Diablo II, and WarCraft II died to WarCraft III. I don't expect WarCraft II or Diablo (one) to be updated ever again.

Anyhow, I'm going to work on Warden, as soon as I get the willpower to install IDA and StarCraft on my laptop, as well as OllyDbg. And I've been at that point for about a week now.

I don't know about DRTL, but I do know that the last patch for W2BN is final. It said so in the patch notes.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!