Author Topic: Ding 70  (Read 11893 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Ding 70
« on: November 26, 2007, 12:40:34 am »
I finally got to 70 on my gnome mage... ffs.  That took forever!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Ding 70
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 12:56:26 am »
Consider doing it faster?  :P
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:40:48 pm »
gnomes ftw
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 07:45:28 pm »

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:01:56 pm »
I used to like staring at my female gnomes ass.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 02:58:39 pm »
70 finally? Fail.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 05:30:23 am »
70 finally? Fail.

Hey, not everyone is completely and utterly awesome and/or has all the time in the world to devote to a silly computer game.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 08:37:32 am »
Hey, not everyone is completely and utterly awesome and/or has all the time in the world to devote to a silly computer game.
Those people fail.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 09:41:05 pm »
Those people fail.

Then I win? ^_^!
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 03:00:16 am »
Psht.  You guys suck.  It took me forever because unlike you guys I have a life outside of WoW!  And I have been busy with school and stuff. 
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 05:37:32 pm »
Psht.  You guys suck.  It took me forever because unlike you guys I have a life outside of WoW!  And I have been busy with school and stuff. 
I got to school full time, work 30 hours a week, spend weekends with my girlfriend AND manage to keep a (relatively) consistent raid schedule. But I think I might be an exception to the rule :|

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 09:18:16 am »
I got to school full time, work 30 hours a week, spend weekends with my girlfriend AND manage to keep a (relatively) consistent raid schedule. But I think I might be an exception to the rule :|

7 hours of school per day
6 hours of work per day
-------------------------
13 hours a weekday occupied.  Assuming you sleep for 8 hours, you raid with 3 hours a day.  Or, you deprive yourself of sleep to waste time on WoW.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 09:31:52 am »
Yes, other people require food and sleep.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 11:39:53 am »
6 hours of work per day
13 hours a weekday occupied.  Assuming you sleep for 8 hours, you raid with 3 hours a day.  Or, you deprive yourself of sleep to waste time on WoW.

Heh, 7 hours of school a day? Tuesday and thursday I have 2 hours, monday and friday 3, and wednesday I'm at school for about six hours because of a long break in classes which I use to do my homework for the week. College rocks. Plus any more sleep than 4-5 hours a night leaves me exhausted... so I have more time to work with than other people anyways. And I don't raid every day... I'm not into the hardcore raiding thing. I raid with a casual guild where lack of attendence isn't punishable by death so if I have to work late or want to go out on a raid night I can feel free to do so. I never feel like I'm busy, I never feel like I'm giving anything up to play, I just use the game to fill free time that would be spent doing less interesting activities like watching tv.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 12:23:43 pm »
6 hours of work per day

Heh, 7 hours of school a day? Tuesday and thursday I have 2 hours, monday and friday 3, and wednesday I'm at school for about six hours because of a long break in classes which I use to do my homework for the week. College rocks. Plus any more sleep than 4-5 hours a night leaves me exhausted... so I have more time to work with than other people anyways. And I don't raid every day... I'm not into the hardcore raiding thing. I raid with a casual guild where lack of attendence isn't punishable by death so if I have to work late or want to go out on a raid night I can feel free to do so. I never feel like I'm busy, I never feel like I'm giving anything up to play, I just use the game to fill free time that would be spent doing less interesting activities like watching tv.

I thought you said full time student?  Taking one class per day for two // three hours doesn't really seem full time *shrug*
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 05:09:18 pm »
A full time student is one taking 12 credit hours.  Lectures usually count as 1 credit hour per hour in class per week, labs and studios will usually count as 1 credit per 2-3 hours in lab per week. An example schedule:

MWF: 3, 1 hour lectures
TU:    1, 1 hour lecture
T:      1, 3 hour lab

that would add up to 3*3 + 1*2 + 1*1 = 12 hours, technically a full time student (with ~14 actual hours per week spent in class/lab rounding up for the short passing periods).  Working 6 hours a day on top of that (~30 hours a week) is no joke, I've been there. 

Most students that don't have to work a lot (read: 15 or fewer hours of work per week) usually take 14-16 hours of credit, while those that do not need to work can usually get away with 18+.  Of course, I know a lot of scholarship students that only take 12-14 hours a semester and do not work just to take full advantage of their full ride and increase their odds at getting a good graduate scholarship with perfect grades and a traditional graduation date. 

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 07:15:58 pm »
that would add up to 3*3 + 1*2 + 1*1 = 12 hours, technically a full time student (with ~14 actual hours per week spent in class/lab rounding up for the short passing periods).  Working 6 hours a day on top of that (~30 hours a week) is no joke, I've been there. 
Yeah, I'm only taking 12 credit hours. But I'm taking classes at a community college and it's a total joke. You probably had to worry about homework, projects, papers.... I do every bit of my homework between classes wednesday, so other than work, I don't have anything to worry about after school. That leaves plenty of time to split between WoW, guitar hero, and anything else that crops up.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 09:58:24 pm »
Sounds like high school :)

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 11:56:22 pm »
Either way leveling to 70 in outland is like handing out levels. Kill x number of this and collect y number of that. If you can not understand a simple concept of questing and or looking up quest that are giving you trouble. You fail.

LULZ DING 70.

What a waste of 15 dollars a month.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 01:51:17 am »
Either way leveling to 70 in outland is like handing out levels. Kill x number of this and collect y number of that. If you can not understand a simple concept of questing and or looking up quest that are giving you trouble. You fail.

LULZ DING 70.

What a waste of 15 dollars a month.
I'm confused.  Either way what?  Where the hell else do you level to 70?  You can't level to 70 unless you do it in the Outlands and the quests aren't always just go grind and turn in things you recieve.  Seeing that I just recently leveled I am well aware as to what the quests entail. 

When did I say the quests were giving me trouble?  Where do you get the idea that I didn't understand questing or the fact that I wasn't aware that I could look up coords if I am not sure where something is located?  If I have missed the post you are responding to then I apologise, but if that is directed towards me than you are an idiot.

It isn't a waste of money if I enjoy what I am doing.  My benefits outway my costs and therefore it isn't a waste.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 01:05:19 pm »
Doesnt take much intelligence to ding 70 and as late as you did, tells me one of two things:

1. The quest were too hard for you to understand
2. You really are wasting 15 dollars a month just not doing anything.

Playing the "Sorry, I R HAVE LIFE" card dosent win you sympathy and is really a cop out for sucking at a video game. I know people who can maintain a long term realtionships, atended a 4 year unveristy and make the grade, and still lead raids 3 days a week. Its all about time management, and if you really did take the time to hit 70 then WoW must fall in line of some importance. So after almost a year of BC being out and stating "DING 70". I must utter the simple response of fail.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 01:42:21 pm »
wow is not hard. quests do not require any intelligence. look at what you just posted, zerox. did quests require you to use your brain? does raiding even require you to use your brain? no. you listen to instructions from the raid leader, and do what you're told. i raided up and through SSC and TK, and only studied up on maybe one boss fight, lady vashj. im sorry, but if this child's game is tough for you, then i find it funny that you're saying somebody else fails.

i think this is a simple case of a wow forum troll trying to make a funny cut-down post on here. that crap might fly on the wow forums, where people are too dumb to see that you're just running in circles, but probably not here.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 03:34:45 pm »
You, zerox, are a fucking poophead. Yeah, I said it. Poophead.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 04:16:16 pm »
Quests became grinding in the Outlands. It got really boring.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 04:45:36 pm »
wow is not hard. quests do not require any intelligence. look at what you just posted, zerox. did quests require you to use your brain? does raiding even require you to use your brain? no. you listen to instructions from the raid leader, and do what you're told. i raided up and through SSC and TK, and only studied up on maybe one boss fight, lady vashj. im sorry, but if this child's game is tough for you, then i find it funny that you're saying somebody else fails.

i think this is a simple case of a wow forum troll trying to make a funny cut-down post on here. that crap might fly on the wow forums, where people are too dumb to see that you're just running in circles, but probably not here.

Where do you come off telling me whats ok and not ok to post on a forum that I been a part of the community for a whole hell alot longer then you? I know my limitations on what I can say and what I can not. Dont come off as any elder of mine. My post was sarcastic in nature towards the way after all this time he finally ding 70 which in all cases is quite easy and requires little to no brain power.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 05:06:46 pm »
Common now ladies, stop fighting.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 06:48:55 pm »
Doesnt take much intelligence to ding 70 and as late as you did, tells me one of two things:

Playing the "Sorry, I R HAVE LIFE" card dosent win you sympathy and is really a cop out for sucking at a video game. I know people who can maintain a long term realtionships, atended a 4 year unveristy and make the grade, and still lead raids 3 days a week. Its all about time management, and if you really did take the time to hit 70 then WoW must fall in line of some importance. So after almost a year of BC being out and stating "DING 70". I must utter the simple response of fail.

Wow, you really are an idiot. I honestly don't think I have ever met anyone as idiotic as you.  Where do you get off saying that I am too stupid to play a video game?  Just because I don't spend all my life on a video game doesn't mean that it's hard for me.  Yes, I am going to play the "I have a life card."  I have friends that I would rather hang out with than play WoW, I didn't play at all over the summer, I have projects I have to do and a GPA I must sustain.  WoW does not rule my life like it seems to rule yours.  I play casually and I wasn't in a rush to level to 70 with one character.  I played multiple characters on multiple realms and PvP'd as much as I could.

I could easily raid 3 times a week since it only consumes a few hours out of the day.  Leveling is different than raiding as it takes longer to level than it does to raid.  Seeing as I leveled to 70 and did not raid to 70 one could see how that differs (maybe you wont, but anyone with any hint of intelligence could) and how it could interfere significantly with anything I want to do in reality.

WoW is hardly important to me.  The only reason I play the game is because a few of the friends I know in real life (something you probably wouldn't understand) play that game so I play as a social thing.  I would not have picked up WoW if my friends weren't playing it.  I could careless if I just stopped playing now. 

I'm sorry that you think that I wasted 15$ a month taking my time and enjoying different aspects of the game.  There is more to WoW than hitting 70.  It is you who fail at WoW, taking a game seriously and letting it control your life.  You fail even more at life.

Where do you come off telling me whats ok and not ok to post on a forum that I been a part of the community for a whole hell alot longer then you? I know my limitations on what I can say and what I can not. Dont come off as any elder of mine. My post was sarcastic in nature towards the way after all this time he finally ding 70 which in all cases is quite easy and requires little to no brain power.
warz is right and you should probably listen to him seeing that you are embarassing yourself by posting this non-sense.  Brain power and WoW do not go hand and hand so stop trying to force them together.  Quit being an idiot and see a psychologist.  You obviously have something wrong with you if you feel like you leveling to 70 quickly means you are intelligent.

lrn2life plz.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 08:13:59 pm »

A lot of us have known warz for a long time. But that doesn't really change the fact that a personal attack against somebody for how long it took them to level an online game character is completely out of line here.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 12:54:05 pm »
Sorry didnt know "fail" was such a baring insult that it might cause psychological damage. I will try to censor myself in the future  ::)
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 03:11:37 pm »
Sorry didnt know "fail" was such a baring insult that it might cause psychological damage. I will try to censor myself in the future  ::)
You didn't just say "fail".  The way you said fail was offensive and so was:

I hope that clears things up for you.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 04:31:04 pm »
You didn't just say "fail".  The way you said fail was offensive and so was:

I hope that clears things up for you.

Well I understand you're point there. Sorry didn't mean to sound so offensive.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 11:37:50 pm »
I'll lock this. I'll unlock it later. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 06:26:40 am »
Since it's later, and Newby is a forgetful bitch..

<3
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 04:08:19 pm »
This topic sucks, let's use the new "The Ding Thread".
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...