Author Topic: The Ding Thread  (Read 53187 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: The Ding Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 02:07:55 pm »
Haha, there's a guy I know here that claims to have a level 70 for all classes.  I'd normally believe that, but he also claims that he works 40 hours a week and does school full time with my majors.  I can't do classes and either of the other two without knowing how to slow time, lol.  This is also the guy that cried when he was a junior because some freshmen made fun of his dragonball z t-shirt, though.  :)

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 03:30:43 pm »
Haha, there's a guy I know here that claims to have a level 70 for all classes.  I'd normally believe that, but he also claims that he works 40 hours a week and does school full time with my majors.  I can't do classes and either of the other two without knowing how to slow time, lol.  This is also the guy that cried when he was a junior because some freshmen made fun of his dragonball z t-shirt, though.  :)

We actually have this guy on our server who has, no joke, about 10-13 70's. Not sure why he needed multiple of some classes, but, they all have arena/PvP epics; but, literally, he LIVES on WoW. It's his life. He raids with us every now and then, but.. He didn't even have any of his characters keyed for a while (for kara that is). Or heroics. He just PvP's a fucking crapton, and has ten times better gear than my druid.

The guy is famous on my server (I got chewed out in guild chat when I called him a nub in heroic BF, haha) for being the most amazing PvPer... Too bad his PvE skills lack. And his voice on vent is hella annoying.

At this point, it's not hard for me to believe people have a lot of 70's. If you started out with 3-4 60's pre-expansion, if you weren't busy raiding once you  hit 70, and did *nothing* but WoW.. well, it's possible. But those people only gain recognition for having no life. XD

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 03:43:20 pm »
Recognition  on WoW is cool if you've got a geared character, or you're great at PvP. When you play THAT much, recognition should turn into rehabilitation.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 04:59:56 pm »
i only considered myself addicted to wow for like 2 or 3 months, while playing my priest. i never thought i'd level another char after quitting the priest, but i ended up leveling a warrior to 70, also. i also finished off my friend's mage to 70. and, now im playing on this 70 rogue i traded for. ive gone through a lot of 70s, but don't really play enough to even raid beyond gruul's lair. it's easy to get 70s, that's just part of the game, but it's tougher getting the raid items ebcause that's when the game starts requiring you to study fights, and stay on even if you dont want to, sometimes.

but, with that said, im considering starts a new warlock. lol. they look leet.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 06:09:01 pm »
ive gone through a lot of 70s, but don't really play enough to even raid beyond gruul's lair. it's easy to get 70s, that's just part of the game, but it's tougher getting the raid items ebcause that's when the game starts requiring you to study fights, and stay on even if you dont want to, sometimes.
Yeah, for me the hard thing is being able to say "I can raid these nights at these times every single week"... that's why I'm in a guild that just cleared kara for the first time like 2 weeks ago.

but, with that said, im considering starts a new warlock. lol. they look leet.
Behold the mighty Kolgrim, master of all things shadow-y. I <3 warlocks.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 09:22:03 am »
Been putting it off, but ding 69

D:
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 08:18:16 am »
Been putting it off, but ding 69

D:

Ding 70

:)

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 10:03:20 am »
ding 10 on my hunter. ^^

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2008, 12:16:34 pm »
I think I hit 55 when my account expired. I don't know if I'm going to renew it :D

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:00 pm »
I hit 60 awhile ago on my shammy. :O
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 02:44:18 am »
Ding 40 on my Shaman. Yay dual wield!

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 02:49:30 am »
What is this ding you all speak of?

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 03:09:28 pm »
What is this ding you all speak of?
I think "ding" came from the noise that is made when you level?  I don't remember what that noise is because I play with my sound off, but if I remember correctly it has a little ding to it.  Either way when you "ding" you level.  So instead of saying "I just leveled to x"  you say "ding x" where x is the level that you leveled to. :P
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 03:26:20 pm »
or, if you're in-game, it's most likely just 'ding' without specifying the level.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 04:49:07 pm »