Author Topic: Simple Conversion -- Zombie Survivor  (Read 2409 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Simple Conversion -- Zombie Survivor
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:42:25 pm »
I did a simple conversion on a sci fi fig today. I changed him from being a crazy future robot guy into being a survivor in a zombie outbreak with only a few simple changes! Unfortunately, most of the pictures I took ended up sucking, but I got the main bits anyways.

Here is the original fig (from Pulp Figures):

First, I cut his raygun off. I managed to get it off cleanly, so I can use it again if I ever need a raygun (or bong) on a miniature. Unfortunately, I damaged his chestplate when I did this. Also, I hadn't realized, the stock of the gun goes below the arm, which won't be covered by a normal gun. Hmm!

I wanted to turn his helmet into something makeshift-looking, and I figured a pot would look funny. So I needed to add handles. I used a paperclip bit, bent up. I didn't get a good attaching picture, it was blurry, but ohwell.

Notice how his helmet is now modelled after a kitchen pot. The paintjob will, of course, have to re-inforce that. Note that I fixed his chestplate with greenstuff, where I screwed it up. Also note the stock of the raygun -- in a stroke of genious, I decided to convert it to a bag, so I smoothed it off, added a flap and button, and there we go!

When I attached the new gun, the wrist wasn't nearly connected, so I filled that in with some greenstuff.

And here's the final product, ready to fight zombies! Incidentally, I got the gun from a bunch of cultists I bought. I forget where I got them from, but they came with extra weapons. :)

Once he's painted, I'll post some pictures of him on this thread!

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: Simple Conversion -- Zombie Survivor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 06:07:02 pm »
Haha looks awesome.

I finished up a set of human marines / glaivers and a few elvish troops for the campaign I'm running, I'll have to dig up my camera and load them up. I took your advice and grabbed the nylon styling brushes and the detail brushes held up strong and weren't flimsy like some of the foam ones you see, I'm really happy with them.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Simple Conversion -- Zombie Survivor
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:24:23 pm »
He was a nice quick one to paint! :D