Author Topic: Peeping-tom caught under bed and beaten properly  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Peeping-tom caught under bed and beaten properly
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 10:27:05 am »
You obviously haven't provided persuasive arguments against vigilante justice being a positive thing, in some cases

I wouldn't make the argument that vigilantism isn't valuable in some (usually hypothetical) cases.  In cases like these, though, it isn't worth it.  Taking the law into your own hands doesn't come with the necessity to grant the criminals the rights that they and every other person deserve, which is inarguably an issue.  The legal and justice systems are designed in such a way that everyone is usually treated fairly.  I say usually to allow for exceptions like police brutality and other similar offenses.

Who says criminals have the same rights we do?

The constitution.  I'm aware that certain rights are "taken away" when a person is incarcerated, but that is only after they've been read their rights, been given a fair trial, proven guilty and sentenced.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Peeping-tom caught under bed and beaten properly
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 10:39:20 am »
The constitution.  I'm aware that certain rights are "taken away" when a person is incarcerated, but that is only after they've been read their rights, been given a fair trial, proven guilty and sentenced.
Yes, exactly. There's a process to follow, and it's important that it's always followed. Otherwise, I'm going to beat the shit out of you then say that you were trying to rob me.