Author Topic: /whatis pretense  (Read 10838 times)

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: /whatis pretense
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:17 pm »
Why is everyone so against pop music?

It's like you're falling into the same trap you're trying to avoid... following the trend. The trend, in your case, which is the only trend that matters to you, is to not listen to pop music!

Offline pxc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 08:32:55 pm »
As punk was essentially a reaction to mainstream rock, I don't make a distinction between punk and punk-rock. What do the terms mean to you?

Well, to me, hardcore punk is a good bit different from punkrock.

Hardcore punk bands:
Cryptic Slaughter
Toxic Narcotics
Down Again
Take Offense
Black Flag

Punk rock bands:
Green Day
=(.

I see. When I hear the phrase, punk-rock makes me think of more modern iterations of punk, and just "punk" makes me think of older, "classic" punk.

IBO RUINED MY LIFE! (not really but for awhile I thought it did.)

Yeah. Well... I hate the IBO with an all-consuming passion and I'm only in my junior year. Somebody deserves to die in a fire for the dirty trick they pulled on me when they told me what IB "is".

It's like you're falling into the same trap you're trying to avoid... following the trend. The trend, in your case, which is the only trend that matters to you, is to not listen to pop music!

I'm not against pop music because its popular. The word "pop" has a certain sound associated with it, and I don't like that sound very much. The other thing is that since popular music (which right now, where I live, consists pop and rap/hip-hop) is played everywhere there's no reason for me to actively seek it on my own time--I hear enough of it elsewhere.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »

you mean sort of like when you emulate my actions?

if not clarify
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline pxc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 08:41:31 pm »

if not clarify

Are you guys brothers or something (does he actually emulate your actions?) or are you just teasing?

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 08:46:07 pm »

if not clarify

Are you guys brothers or something (does he actually emulate your actions?) or are you just teasing?

no, not brothers.
he does try to be like me, it's quite flattering to be honest
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 10:06:16 pm »

if not clarify

no, not brothers.

lol warrior

i would never want to be that ugly

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 10:51:36 pm »

if not clarify

no, not brothers.

lol warrior

i would never want to be that ugly

you should practice more, you don't do a really good impression of me.