Author Topic: I would like to join x86  (Read 30837 times)

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• Dancing Midget of Love!
    • View Profile
I would like to join x86
« on: April 07, 2008, 06:33:05 pm »
Greetings and salutations. Many of you know me. Many of you do not. I am DeAtHZeRg. I have been around in the online gaming community since 1998 being a part of the The Death Knights (member to date) and Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms (ATFclan.com) inside WoW. Both have been founded on the ideas of community. The Death Knights are a dieing bread that I try and base my values on. While talking to a few members of the years I have came across x86 many times. The core value of community is what keeps drawing me to this site and reading the forums. I think x86's ideas, the members and myself would be a great addition. Any questions about me feel free to ask. I am a person who is willing to tell most anything if you ask.

Albin
-DeAtHZeRg

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: I would like to join x86
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:36:07 pm »
Hey,

Stick around here for a couple months, get to know the members and community, then ask to join. It's a tightly knit community here, and outsiders need to prove that they'll fit in before they can join.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 06:39:58 pm »
Hi, Welcome.

As iago said, it's best to stick around for a little bit.  Make a post in the introductions thread if you haven't already!

Again, welcome. :)

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 06:41:19 pm »
i think I might of back in the day when I first registered for the site. Joe reminded me of it after my long break from most online sites I normally visited (Date Registered:December 06, 2005, 08:13:37 PM) I will gladly post a new one if it has gone missing since that date ~2 years ago :D

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:54 pm »
ATF?  I guess it's time to go hide all of my posts about smoking a nice cigar while drunkenly shooting at nothing.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 06:48:47 pm »
haha I approve of cigars and drunken shooting into the abyss :D

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 06:51:34 pm »
i think I might of back in the day when I first registered for the site. Joe reminded me of it after my long break from most online sites I normally visited (Date Registered:December 06, 2005, 08:13:37 PM) I will gladly post a new one if it has gone missing since that date ~2 years ago :D

Should still be here.  I don't think we're missing any posts unless you count asshole trolls' posts.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »
no need to go look I couldn't find it when I quickly looked for it under my account. I have posted a new one. Knowing me I might be making stuff up again. Higher Education makes your brain die.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 07:01:16 pm »
What's your stance on forum trolling? We would like to know.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 07:04:52 pm »
Well it really depends on what you define as forum trolling. If you are in reference to off topic posts with in a post it really depends on the case and the forum. I am normally all for it when it is deserved but I usually don't try to participate in it unless its in a forum and the mood is trying to be lighted. So the question is if I am for it or against it I am for it and against it. It really depends on the subject the trolling is happening in.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 07:08:20 pm »
Well it really depends on what you define as forum trolling. If you are in reference to off topic posts with in a post it really depends on the case and the forum. I am normally all for it when it is deserved but I usually don't try to participate in it unless its in a forum and the mood is trying to be lighted. So the question is if I am for it or against it I am for it and against it. It really depends on the subject the trolling is happening in.

That's a fair answer.

Forum trolling is a state of enlightenment, you're able to see the irony or extreme levels of idiocy in a topic and you capitalize on it in unorthodox ways. Sometimes the user targeted has no idea he's being trolled, but that's not the goal.

The other people who read the topic may understand your subtle troll and they will usually agree with your position or delete your post. A secondary, but less important objective is outlined as the "intended response" in which you evoke a frustrated or angered response from the target to indulge your need for hilarity.

I ask you this question because there are two types of people in this world. The trolls and the been-trolled. It's really black and white, gray is for losers.

Thanks.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 07:30:48 pm »

Should still be here.  I don't think we're missing any posts unless you count asshole trolls' posts.
????????????????????????????????????????????????
And who is this troll?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 07:33:34 pm »
Stick around; you randomly disappear and expect nothing but love?! What if you join and do it again? :(!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 07:39:55 pm »
A very valid point my friend. This is something I do not pride myself in. I hate doing it. When things get overwhelming in school I tend to shut out everyone.  I didn't really think about that aspect when I posted this. If it is time you guys want it is time you guys will have. Now that I have decided to go after membership to this clan expect to read alot more from me.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 07:54:58 pm »
That's a fair answer.

Forum trolling is a state of enlightenment, you're able to see the irony or extreme levels of idiocy in a topic and you capitalize on it in unorthodox ways. Sometimes the user targeted has no idea he's being trolled, but that's not the goal.

The other people who read the topic may understand your subtle troll and they will usually agree with your position or delete your post. A secondary, but less important objective is outlined as the "intended response" in which you evoke a frustrated or angered response from the target to indulge your need for hilarity.

I ask you this question because there are two types of people in this world. The trolls and the been-trolled. It's really black and white, gray is for losers.

Thanks.
It takes an even greater level of enlightenment to understand trolling, yet not indulge in it.
Hitmen: art is gay