Author Topic: Now I know this has probably been asked a LOT but  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Bladey

• View Profile
Now I know this has probably been asked a LOT but
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:33:21 am »
How about a nice complete walkthrough on how to set up the bot onto a Linux server? And then maybe sticky this for the hundreds of others looking for the same thing? Or at least someone add me on MSN and walk me through it step by step. I'm a nub, and the entire reason I downloaded this bot was for this.

Also heres a suggestion, if its possible. For a plugin. I'm tired of my bots getting banned from a channel and not being able to sweep ban said channel, so how about making a plugin so that theres two bots. One thats holding ops, and the other off in a secret channel somewhere. You request sweepban from the ops, and he sends a message to the secret bot requesting the /who of the target channel, and the secret bot /who's the channel, and then returns it, and the ops bot uses that information to sweep ban? I'd be willing to pay money for this, if anyones up to the task.

Also I'd be willing to pay a bit of cash for someone to walk me through it step by step on how to get it running on my Linux VPS :P

Thanks.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Now I know this has probably been asked a LOT but
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:38:51 am »
http://www.javaop.com/started.html

It's definitely not a "JavaOp For Dummies" book, but as far as I remember, iago uses a bit of detail there. Check that out, perhaps.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.