Author Topic: Alright, now this is downright annoying. What is it?  (Read 5219 times)

Offline Net_Creator

• View Profile
Alright, now this is downright annoying. What is it?
« on: May 09, 2008, 09:05:37 pm »
Arright. I had a topic a good while ago about my bot trying to do SOMETHING in accordance with a user. Usually when I connect it or join a channel. Well, while I was gone, it spammed an attempt to do this something. And thus, I disconnected. =/ And I only had my back turned for a minute! >_>

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Alright, now this is downright annoying. What is it?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:24:24 pm »
I'm guessing that the first section of red text is caused by a bug. Obviously this happened very fast.

The blue section is an unhandled packet, notifying you that you're about to be disconnected for flooding off of battle.net. The next red section is another error, which is handled.

Can you post further backlog to see what all happened?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:22:08 pm »
Man you guys print out ugly errors.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Net_Creator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:52:10 pm »
That was it. The rest of the stuff before that was people in the channel talking. =/ Though, the bot always gets that one error, the one at the top - the one I need some help figgerin' out what the heck is goin' on - whenever I join a channel. Yeah. That one that spammed the screen. The really quick one. The blue text I understood, and the handling error (red text at bottom) I've had happen enough that I understand.

But I can't figger out why it did that. >_>

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 02:18:34 am »
That's weird. What plugins do you have enabled?

Offline Net_Creator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 10:49:02 pm »
For this one in particular, all of them except advertisements.

Offline Bud

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 12:02:25 am »
the first set of errors that you refer to about the user not being logged on is the same error i get from my greeting plugin.  it seems that the plugin is attempting to message a user using just their name and not name@realm, that is my theory at least after having tested different ways to message people using my bot in my channel.  but  i am at a loss as of how to fix it

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 08:26:26 am »
It almost seems like it's trying to message people for no reason, though. It looks like something is acting weirdly, it might be some of the plugins conflicting with each other or something equally odd.

In terms of your name@realm problem, I actually think it's messaging "name" instead of "*name". Maybe Joe will look into fixing that, he said he's going to work on it this weekend.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 09:53:54 pm »
Yeah, the *name (aka, D2 name manglings) are on the to-fix list. Not sure if I'll get to it this weekend (prom + end-of-semester drinking), but I'd like to get it fixed sometime soon!

Offline Bud

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 04:47:19 am »
It almost seems like it's trying to message people for no reason, though. It looks like something is acting weirdly, it might be some of the plugins conflicting with each other or something equally odd.

In terms of your name@realm problem, I actually think it's messaging "name" instead of "*name". Maybe Joe will look into fixing that, he said he's going to work on it this weekend.

i have tested the following whisper/message methods using my bot

method                          work
/w (user)                         no       <-works with LOD
/w *(account)                  yes
/w (user)@realm            yes
/m *(account)                 yes
/m (user)@realm            yes
/m (user)                        no       <-works with LOD
/m *(user)                      no       <-doesnt work at all for diablo
the above info is purely for reference for those of you who do not play Diablo II LOD

be advised my bot is using only a classic key not LOD
BUT, the greeting plugin problem happens regardless if using both keys or just 1.  to understand this problem we must discover how the bot is trying to message, whos up to the challenge^^?  i cant seem to find it in the greeting plugin source :(

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 05:24:29 am »
It's not really hard to find -- http://www.javaop.com/javaop2/src/Greeting/src/PluginMain.java

I'll get on this pretty soon.

Offline Net_Creator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 01:04:18 pm »
My thoughts on this is a function to get such and such data. Log whether the bot is D2 or D2 LoD, and whether it's an Azeroth or USEast (in the case of USEast server, otherwise Lordaeron/USWest and so on) client. LoD and D2 would come back as the Starcraft-style server realms, while only Warcraft III: RoC and Warcraft III: TFT would come back as the Warcraft-style realms. AKA: If the bot is not WC3 or W3XP, then it counts as the SC-style, and if it is, it'll be logged as WC-style. Then the plugin could check if the joining person is WC- or SC-style, and message accordingly. If the bot is SC-style and the joiner is SC-style, it uses a realm void. If they're opposite server styles, it uses the appropriate realm (by calling data from the bot's login plugin on which server it's on) and messages. Only with D2/LoD bots would it require to use the asterisk before a whisper message.

And, yeah, I have no idea how to write that in Java. >_> Darn my downfalls.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 05:57:34 pm »
That's not how it works; you need to add an asterisk if you've logged in with D2. It doesn't matter how the person you're whispering is logged in as.

The solution I've always used is to rip the asteris out of the username (if on d2) in SID_CHATEVENT recieve, and add them back in to SID_CHATCOMMANDs. I also infer user namespaces (@USEast, @Azeroth), so that the users in the database don't change format when changing products.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!