Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Prom?
« on: May 27, 2008, 01:48:39 am »
When did/do you guys have it and did you go? Pix or it didn't happen :P
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Prom?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 02:04:21 am »
05/17/2008 I think. It was fun. Hagen has pictures.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 02:09:21 am »
I didn't go.  :P
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 02:44:48 am »
Just go.  I often hear people using excuses like it costs $50 or $100 or whatever it is, but I get the sense that it's just to rationalise their fears.  I was sort of pushed into finding a date for grad, which I think may have been a mistake, although I'm not sure.  Graduating from high school is a "landmark event" in your life, and you shouldn't blow it off.  If you show up, and it totally sucks, then leave.  You have nothing to lose but maybe a bit of money, and that money is insignificant in the scheme of your life, unlike your grad.  It's a chance to get closure and something that can leave you with a good memory of this stage of your life.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 02:48:39 am »
It's a chance to get closure and something that can leave you with a good memory of this stage of your life.

I don't know about Canada, but in America, we get this closure on what's called "Graduation Night", in the form of walking across a stage in a cap and gown and being handed a diploma. Afterwards, you celebrate with friends and family.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:28:12 am »
I wasn't asking if I should go Rule :P I'm asking if you did.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 08:30:52 am »
Mine sucked.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 10:00:26 am »
I went to my girlfriends this year, but I didn't go to mine. I bought tickets and all that for it, then crashed my car and was in the hospital for it.  :P I'm sorta glad though, I'd much rather have went with my girlfriend now then my ex.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

trust

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 10:05:21 am »
I didn't go because I didn't have a gf and didn't want to spend all of that money just to go with a girl as friends. I don't regret not going, at that point I was just over highschool and didn't care (I didn't even want to go to graduation all that much). Sometimes though I wish I did when people talk about it. The worst was that one of my pretty good friends took his date to pre-Prom dinner at a restaurant I recommended to him, and I went there with my mom and grandmother that night and he was sitting about 3 tables from us.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 11:21:00 am »
I went back in 2001, alone. Almost everybody went alone, though, it was by far more common going alone than going with somebody.

It was a pretty boring night, overall, but that was before I really forced myself to be more social, so I basically spent it eating corn chips and talking to people I would have been talking to anyways.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 11:40:51 am »
I don't know whether I'd call my grad "good" or "bad", but I remember almost every minute of it.  It seems that most people here, whether they liked it or not, remember it too.  So keep in mind; whatever happens on your grad, you'll remember it forever. :P

(Obviously your brain thinks something is important ;))

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »
Haha, I'm the opposite, most of grad is a blur. I remember being there with my friends, and eating a lot of corn chips. Then pizza showed up, and it was awful. There was a fake gambling area set up that nobody went to. We were outside before it, trying to ruin the shocks on a friend's rented car. That's about it.

The problem was, we had to get up extra early that morning to do the ceremony, and there was stuff going on all day. By supper time, I was tired as hell, and just wanted to go to bed. I'm sure most others felt the same way.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 12:44:02 pm »
Haha, I'm the opposite, most of grad is a blur. I remember being there with my friends, and eating a lot of corn chips. Then pizza showed up, and it was awful. There was a fake gambling area set up that nobody went to. We were outside before it, trying to ruin the shocks on a friend's rented car. That's about it.

The problem was, we had to get up extra early that morning to do the ceremony, and there was stuff going on all day. By supper time, I was tired as hell, and just wanted to go to bed. I'm sure most others felt the same way.

What did you do 16 days after grad?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 12:47:11 pm »

Got up, went to work, programmed for 8 hours, went home, watched tv, went to bed. Wanna put bets on that? :)

But seriously, I remember any special event to roughly the same extent. I found that grad is no more or less memorable than my last dental visit.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 12:48:06 pm »

Got up, went to work, programmed for 8 hours, went home, watched tv, went to bed. Wanna put bets on that? :)

But seriously, I remember any special event to roughly the same extent. I found that grad is no more or less memorable than my last dental visit.

How about 12 dental visits ago?