Author Topic: Salvia Divinorum!  (Read 100151 times)

Offline abc

• View Profile
Re: Salvia Divinorum!
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2008, 05:28:56 pm »
As far as salvia's concerned, you should only be taking one hit, really.

Why? That's if you can't handle the other effects.. Worst comes to worst you're going to black out.

If you do it correctly, and aim for the level of effects that most people desire, you should only need one hit. I've done this several times, and only taken one hit each time, and have hallucinated to the point of not knowing what reality is almost every time. When you're at that point, it hits you before you even blow the smoke out, and you're utterly unable to talk, walk, or move,  much less put your mouth on a bong, and know how to operate it.

Dunno, all I know is it was pretty sick and I hallucinated, but doesn't sound as intense as what you experienced.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2008, 05:46:10 pm »
Due to the absence of a torchlighter and holding the smoke in for extended periods of time.

You need to hit it with a torch lighter and hold in the smoke for about half a minute
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2008, 06:05:55 pm »
Due to the absence of a torchlighter and holding the smoke in for extended periods of time.

You need to hit it with a torch lighter and hold in the smoke for about half a minute

Yeah. If you do it right, the only reason you blow your smoke out from the FIRST hit is because the trip hits you like a train haha.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2008, 02:28:01 am »
Where do you get it? I'm considering ordering it online.

Do you use a torch lighter?

Since it's usually sold as incense (since it is a gray area as to whether it's legal to sell it for the purpose of getting high), probably any shop that sells incense.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2008, 04:43:40 am »
i love how iago, sidoh, and i have to use urban dictionary to keep up with this thread ;-)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2008, 08:28:43 am »
i love how iago, sidoh, and i have to use urban dictionary to keep up with this thread ;-)
I don't know what you're talking about, but I haven't used urban dictionary. I used wikipedia for one link (to the non-drug), but that's it.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2008, 08:50:11 am »

Since it's usually sold as incense (since it is a gray area as to whether it's legal to sell it for the purpose of getting high), probably any shop that sells incense.
You might be sold the wrong salvia though if you do that. Every smoke shop I've been in has had it.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2008, 11:12:29 am »
I've never done Salvia, only multiple numbers of different strains of weed. I'm not all that interested in it though just because of this kind of effect.

If you could actually get anything done while under the effect I'd do it in a heart beat, but normally I like to actually be able to communicate with people while high, go for walks, or make something.

Offline abc

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2008, 04:33:10 pm »
I've never done Salvia, only multiple numbers of different strains of weed. I'm not all that interested in it though just because of this kind of effect.

If you could actually get anything done while under the effect I'd do it in a heart beat, but normally I like to actually be able to communicate with people while high, go for walks, or make something.

Well see, same here, If I plan on going out or have plans, I'll just smoke weed, but if I'm bored, or have nothing fun to do then I'll just do Salvia.

Pretty sure that's not the exact same Salvia.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2008, 09:17:21 pm »
They sell Salvia at head shops.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2008, 05:29:14 am »

That video made me lol. I thought he was serious about driving at first thinking "If he does it right theres no way hes getting the key in"

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2008, 05:02:21 am »
You might be sold the wrong salvia though if you do that. Every smoke shop I've been in has had it.

I actually smoked 20x extract with a friend last night JUST to prove you wrong. My friend, who loves the stuff, was totally tripping nuts, and I had the exact same awful experience I had the last two times.

Why do you insist that everyone experiences the effect in a positive way? I'm perfectly capable of reading the label of what I'm buying, and if the fact that I've received it from three totally independent sources with the same results doesn't convince you of that, then you're just being thick. It's widely believed that MOST people do not have positive experiences from smoking it!

[edit] I said "last night with a friend last night," which made me laugh
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:31:12 am by Camel »

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2008, 11:53:52 am »
Why do you insist that everyone experiences the effect in a positive way? I'm perfectly capable of reading the label of what I'm buying, and if the fact that I've received it from three totally independent sources with the same results doesn't convince you of that, then you're just being thick. It's widely believed that MOST people do not have positive experiences from smoking it!
I don't think anybody insisted that; in fact, in on of the first posts somebody said that 10% of people experience nothing.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2008, 07:34:03 pm »
Ok, I'll give you that it wasn't insistent; I was referring to this post:
You obviously didn't do it right. You failed at doing it, don't advise him against it.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2008, 10:57:49 pm »
Edited away. I misread your post. :P.

What I was saying is just because you might have a bad experience doesn't mean he will. Everyone is different.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 11:09:32 pm by Towelie »