Author Topic: Re: Out of Iraqi cities by June  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Iraqi cities by June
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:28:25 pm »
Haven't you learned arguing politics on forums never goes anywhere? It's always a couple people trying to one-up each other every post. No one else reads it, and you never convince the other person.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:31:51 pm »
Defending the surge?  Something that worked?  oooooh, my bad, I shouldnt support stuff that works
For what it's worth, and I'm not talking about the surge specifically (I don't really know much about it), but something working isn't equivalent to something being good/useful/worthwhile/just/etc.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 11:51:59 pm »
Haven't you learned arguing politics on forums never goes anywhere? It's always a couple people trying to one-up each other every post. No one else reads it, and you never convince the other person.

This logic could be applied to every argument on these boards, but I don't think it's the case. If it really bothers you, then don't read it -- but don't come here to spew your elitist crap.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 11:55:53 pm »

This logic could be applied to every argument on these boards, but I don't think it's the case. If it really bothers you, then don't read it -- but don't come here to spew your elitist crap.
The difference with other topics is people are more willing to drop their point of view for another. Maybe it's because you and CrAz3D are generally the only two posting in the politics forum, and are definitely somewhere near the top of the most stubborn members of the clan. I'll admit though, I'm definitely somewhere up there with the most stubborn.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:05:40 am by Metal Militia »

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 12:13:05 am »

The difference with other topics is people are more willing to drop their point of view for another. Maybe it's because you and CrAz3D are generally the only two posting in the politics forum, and are definitely somewhere near the top of the most stubborn members of the clan. I'll admit though, I'm definitely somewhere up there with the most stubborn.

I don't believe that's correct, a persons political beliefs can change very quickly -- and it's been shown time and time again in our history.

So respond to some points made here, plug in your Candidate, or get out. You really will find nothing but a barrage of insults from myself. I don't know what type of additional insight you think you have by voting for a third party, but I don't buy it. So either get on topic fast, or get the hell out.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 12:30:32 am »
I don't know what type of additional insight you think you have by voting for a third party, but I don't buy it.
None. I just have my preferences.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 12:41:48 am »
I don't know what type of additional insight you think you have by voting for a third party, but I don't buy it.

Your posts paint a very different picture. Now get out.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 12:44:42 am »

Your posts paint a very different picture. Now get out.
Note to self: Warrior always needs the last word.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 02:46:45 am »
i'll repsonde when I aint so much drink.  when my grilfeind is omre drunkkd than me i gotta catch up...and she aint drink none.

I'll be damned.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 03:49:54 pm »
Your own Presidential Candidate does not even agreed with that! In fact, he bashed Obama on this the other day.

Cause Craz3d can't have a mind of his own. He has to follow his presidential candidate to the letter.

No one else reads it, and you never convince the other person.

I haven't formed my opinion on who's getting my vote yet, so to be honest, whoever can one-up the other person here gets closer to me voting for their candidate. The manner in which they do it is just sort of lame.

EDIT -
My view on pulling troops out of there is that, considering we destroyed Iraq, it's our responsibility to help them build their towns back up to a point where government can function. After that, get their government in control of it with two months or so of occupation to make sure they've got it under control (occupation with less troops, maybe 10% of what we have over there?), and then come home.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:55:07 pm by Joe »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 08:07:17 pm »

I haven't formed my opinion on who's getting my vote yet, so to be honest, whoever can one-up the other person here gets closer to me voting for their candidate. The manner in which they do it is just sort of lame.
Basing your vote off of CrAz3D and Warrior's arguments seems silly to me.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 12:11:29 am »
Is Joe even 18 yet?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 02:14:29 am »

Basing your vote off of CrAz3D and Warrior's arguments seems silly to me.

Less silly than the media, and if they can give worthwhile citations, I say go for it.

Is Joe even 18 yet?

I will be next month.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.