• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: sup
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 01:34:35 pm »
Psydog? Is that anything like Psyduck?

Psy-aye-yai!

I have a mildly entertaining story involving psyduck, but I don't want to type that much on this thing.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 06:14:22 pm »
no, fuck quantum mechanics.  in order to be interested in that, I'd have to understand it.  and in order to understand it, I'd have to take differential equations and I'll be damned if I'm going to take another math course for engineers.
Don't blame engineers, blame the mathematicians. If the mathematicians hadn't raised your standards, you would be blissfully unaware of how dumbed down the math for engineers is.

That said, it's a serious problem here. With my physical chemistry and thermodynamics homework, I actually have to do it 5 times. Once for me, and four other times for random people who can't figure out how to do the chain rule or find extrema. That's fine because I don't mind helping out. However, I do get slightly annoyed when: a) a person has never talked to me before, and they probably would not have talked to me if they didn't hear I knew how to do the homework, b) I've showed them the method before, and c) they have the audacity to tell me I'm doing it wrong when they have no fucking idea what they're doing. The first two can be fine, but the third one just pisses me off. Seriously:
"You're doing this wrong."
"Is that so? Where did I screw up?"
"I don't know, but it just seems wrong."
". . . all right, do it yourself."
This is usually followed by them apologizing or calling me a jerk and stomping off.
errr... something like that...

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 07:34:07 pm »
Incidentally, I failed Differential Equations twice.

The first time, I didn't know I was signed up for the class until I got my grades. The second time, I had the wrong edition of the book, and consequentially got zeros for every homework assignment -- for which the professor had no sympathy, because I skipped every single class the first time I took the class.

I didn't take it a third time.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 10:51:05 pm »
no, fuck quantum mechanics.  in order to be interested in that, I'd have to understand it.  and in order to understand it, I'd have to take differential equations and I'll be damned if I'm going to take another math course for engineers.
Don't blame engineers, blame the mathematicians. If the mathematicians hadn't raised your standards, you would be blissfully unaware of how dumbed down the math for engineers is.

lol.

That said, it's a serious problem here. With my physical chemistry and thermodynamics homework, I actually have to do it 5 times. Once for me, and four other times for random people who can't figure out how to do the chain rule or find extrema. That's fine because I don't mind helping out. However, I do get slightly annoyed when: a) a person has never talked to me before, and they probably would not have talked to me if they didn't hear I knew how to do the homework, b) I've showed them the method before, and c) they have the audacity to tell me I'm doing it wrong when they have no fucking idea what they're doing. The first two can be fine, but the third one just pisses me off. Seriously:
"You're doing this wrong."
"Is that so? Where did I screw up?"
"I don't know, but it just seems wrong."
". . . all right, do it yourself."
This is usually followed by them apologizing or calling me a jerk and stomping off.

Man, that sounds frustrating.  I do help quite a few people with assignments, but I'm friends with most of them.  If someone I don't know asks for a tip or some help, I'm happy to give it to them, but only if the cause of their confusion is a minor misunderstanding.  If they don't understand the fundamentals, I find it too frustrating to lend a hand. :-\

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 01:56:21 pm »
If they don't understand the fundamentals, I find it too frustrating to lend a hand. :-\
Yeah, at that point you've just gotta tell them to seek a TA.

[tex]I = \frac{dK}{dE}[/tex]
Where I is intelligence, K is knowledge, and E is effort.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 08:55:02 pm »
Incidentally, I failed Differential Equations twice.

The first time, I didn't know I was signed up for the class until I got my grades. The second time, I had the wrong edition of the book, and consequentially got zeros for every homework assignment -- for which the professor had no sympathy, because I skipped every single class the first time I took the class.

I didn't take it a third time.

Oh, Cameltoe, you crack me up. :)
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.