Author Topic: Religulous  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Religulous
« on: October 04, 2008, 12:06:25 am »
This topic is for discussion of the new movie "Religulous".  As far as I know, this is the first major film that presents a skeptical view of religion.  It was devised by Bill Maher.  He is a very funny man with a strong analytical mind.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Religulous
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 12:07:34 am »
I think I might try to go see this over the weekend if I can con some friends into going.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 12:34:42 am »
I saw this movie today.  Everyone was laughing about 80% of the time.  Pretty funny overall.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 01:11:44 pm »
The third time I've posted this link, but it probably applies in this thread as well. :P
"Mel Gibson just removed Bill Maher from his Facebook Friends"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZDX9599wXE

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 02:04:49 pm »
The third time I've posted this link, but it probably applies in this thread as well. :P
"Mel Gibson just removed Bill Maher from his Facebook Friends"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZDX9599wXE

LOL, that's great.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 05:31:32 am »
Very good movie, and really the first of its kind.  Bill Maher approaches the issue of religious faith with great humor and intelligence.  He visits the Vatican, the Mormon Temple, etc., and talks with some of the most influential religious leaders, as well as a US senator! Some of the interviews are quite surprising, as is some of the information he provides.  The ending monologue is very well crafted and relevant.  Though Maher is humorous throughout the movie, this ending monologue brings an obvious and genuine seriousness to his position, and gives the audience a very good reason he felt strongly enough to make such a risky movie.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 01:47:14 pm »
I think one of my favorite parts was when he was standing in front of the Mormon temple and that guy walking by says "Tell it like it is, Bill." lol.

This was a good movie, though.  I really liked the way he approached it and it was interesting to see peoples' reactions when he looked at them with that "you really believe that?  I pity you" look.